Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

Yo..
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Hopefully it will be all smooth sailing.
I will most certainly behave.
However, I won't be something I'm not. I won't be nasty about it, but I will be honest.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I don't see any problems. Everyone can have a different way at looking at things and I'm fine with that...it's been that way forever.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:47 pm I don't see any problems. Everyone can have a different way at looking at things and I'm fine with that...it's been that way forever.
I agree my friend. I don't care what anyone does. If it's someone I don't care for, I just avoid them. I don't dump gas on the flames. However, I don't like behind the scenes, subversive attempts to make someone look bad.
Just like guns.....I like straight shooters. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:00 pm
However, I don't like behind the scenes, subversive attempts to make someone look bad.
Just like guns.....I like straight shooters. :D
Could not have been said better. That's because the ones who do that are weak minded with a yellow streak....just like the back stabbing by the new emperor on "Gladiator".

Still cold here.....24......going through the woodpile like repairs on a cheap gun. :D --------006

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Good Lord.....Here We are and I still have NO Report From Gamekeeper about what Beer is on Tap at the local Pub... :( ...Stay Thirsty My Friends. :shock: .

too much wood? That's why Old Six I got a stove that burns wood or Anthracite Coal from the Great state of Pennsylvania. :D .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey that's right!
We're supposed to have a beer and pub report from our buddy.
I always wanted to check out a real pub. I'm guessing they ain't nothin like our local establishments. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

.45colt wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:04 pm Good Lord.....Here We are and I still have NO Report From Gamekeeper about what Beer is on Tap at the local Pub... :( ...Stay Thirsty My Friends. :shock: .

too much wood? That's why Old Six I got a stove that burns wood or Anthracite Coal from the Great state of Pennsylvania. :D .
Beer???!!! I'm not allowed to have any......wife says I'm wild enough. Back when I was drinking and we had snow, I'd stick a quart of Wild Turkey 101 in my snowmobile suit, hook up with my BIL and goooolll! First stop was the Penn Oaks Country Club golf course where the yearly membership is 10 g's a year...and that was in the late eighties. We made our first pass at slow speed to pack down the snow and then up to 50 right over the sand traps and greens......we'd hit all 18 holes plowing down the stupid little sticks they would put in the holes. No handicap either....my score was always an 18....all holes in one! My BIL was more creative as he had these sharp digging cleats on his snowmobile belt and he'd sit on the greens and spin the tread, one hand on the throttle and the other on the bottle of Wild Turkey.

After a couple of years the owners of the club fenced off our secret entry point so we had to drive down to another country club a few miles down the road....never did like that one as their greens didn't have a sharp shoulder to fly over....

Ahhhhh...coal? You have to buy coal and I might as well buy electric. I get my wood for near free. Just load ammo for the guys. I have three different tree surgeons that give me all the wood I want and I give them all the ammo they want.....

Speaking of wood, I have to go outside and wheel in a couple of wheelbarrow loads and that'll keep us toasty for another week.

The other half of my daughter calls and asks my wife to ask me if he can borrow my wood splitter. He drives a new Beemer and skis near every weekend in Vt, NH, NY or Pa. Once a year he goes to Europe to ski.....never hear from him any other time....real worm and uppity.....guess you know the answer he got.---006

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My neighbor said the beer at the local pub (come wine bar) is $6.37 a pint now that to me seems a little expensive, so I'm going to try a couple of pubs that are just a couple of miles away that are supposed to be real country bumpkin pubs.

I still haven't located a dentist to replace the gaps in my smile, I can still hear dueling Banjos every time I lookin the mirror :(
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Gaps........?......banjos......?
So you still have SOME teeth. That's pretty fancy round these here parts. :D

That IS pretty steep buddy.

The last beer Six had was probably the beer I brung him!
I know it was local brew. Can't remember if was from Bigelow brewing or Oak Pond brewing. If Bigelow it was probably "Dementia Dog". If from Oak Pond, it had to be my favorite......"Dooryard"

Good stuff.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...I remember that beer....opened it as you were leaving and finished it by the time you got out of the driveway......don't believe in wasting any time getting the alcohol to my brain....

Well, nuttin' going on here......been hanging out at the Colt collectors forum.....they have a rule over there that fits me well....no speaking or writing the "R" word.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! No kidding? I'm on one of those too.
Oh oh! Another potential for trouble! :D
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Six, I burn wood when it's above 25*.
" The other half of my daughter calls and asks my wife to ask me if he can borrow my wood splitter. He drives a new Beemer"
So just paint Your wood splitter black and put nice BMW labels on it. put it on face book marketplace for 10k . Your Daughter will see it and Mr. dumb, dumb will be thrilled to buy it . then buy one of those really fancy splitters that go on the Very Mighty Kubota . :D .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

hey 45.....naaaa....I don't waste my time with college educated people.....they know one thing and one thing only......if I let that retart use my splitter he will be splitting the wood sideways.......besides, he makes more in two weeks than I make in a year...let em buy his own.

Well, another happy day is on the horizon.......weather in the low thirties.....think I'll take that low wall 32-20 out back for some steel smackin'........

"Use wood down to 25"....wow, it does get cold up there. 25 is usually the low in dead of winter here. I guess if it gets too cold you can call Jay up and maybe you two can snuggle and "spoon" to keep warm.....That would be a sight.

Well? Why is everything so quiet? No action? ------006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Tell you what!
You ain't gonna see me spoonin' no dude! I don't care how cold it is. Besides, I'm used to the cold.

I just got home. Ran up to camp for a while. Of course, I forgot the chain saw. I drove the Gladiator all the way in. There was a tree down so I had to cut it with the Hudson Bay axe I keep in the truck. I cut just what I had to and ran over the rest. I'll go up tomorrow with the saw, cut it up, and haul it into camp.
Everything at camp was OK. Got a fire going and made some coffee. Now that I got a trail broke in, i may be able to get by awhile if I keep going in. As long as we don't get a big snow all at once.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Six , The last real long cold winter we had was I think in 2014, Feb set a record below 0 the whole month. I hardly burned any wood that winter. the stove will burn 8- 10 hours on a full load. add more coal and shake it down. Thursday it's going to warm up again in the 50's. then start on wood again. this weather is like a yo-yo.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Been the same here 45. I HATE it. Just want winter like it's supposed to be. Gonna warm up this weekend again.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Me Too Oldwin , I wish it would stay about 20* for the whole winter, the snow we have will turn to mud this weekend. :x .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Just make a huge mess. Makes everything icy and you can't get rid of it till spring.
It's like I tell everyone.......it's not like you're not going to use ANY oil if it's 40 degrees. You ain't gonna use much more if it's 15 degrees, but the conditions will be a LOT better. No iced up roofs and driveways. Easy cleanup, with no backbreaking heavy snow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You telling me you don't turn on the heat when it's 40 outside? What is it with you guys up north? I saw it myself.....it was maybe 40 outside when Jay showed up.....in a T shirt, bottle of beer in one hand and a 1911 in the other. :D

Yea 45...here too, the stove will still be burning after 8-10 hours if I cut the dials down. (Airtight stove) I like to sleep around 60-65 and on those 0 nights, which are rare, I'll get up around 6-8 and load it up again....I don't get to bed until 3 or after....

This amount will keep the house at 74 for 2 full weeks with 30 degree daytime temps and 20 at night.

Don't let her size fool ya..(the dog)...she can bite just like that Colt can.... :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha no I have the heat on when it's 40. However.... I WILL say Kristy waits as long as she can before turning it on in the fall. I'm telling you bro, at night it's down to 30 and she still don't start it if it warms up during the day.
Brutal.

What I meant was is that if it's 40 out and your heat is on 70, you ain't using much more oil than if it's 15 or 20. You are still heating the house up 30 degrees.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Master Jay,
I respectfully disagree....(on the use of oil or whatever you use to heat).......unless you have the best insulated house in the world, consumption multiplies when it gets down low...say....20 or below......when I did have oil heat that burner was kicking on every 20 minutes when it was very cold......

I don't know, maybe I'm reading that wrong......

By the way, don't forget to turn on your air condition in the Jeep....in this kind of weather it'll be like a heater......for real.....my Rubicon will still freeze a t bone. My dad, who refused to turn on his ac in his vehicles unless it was 2 billion degrees outside always had to have ac coolant added near every year.

Still remember one time when we were upstate gun hunting in the summer at all of the 10 cent gun shops, looking for old Winchesters and Colts before the days of the Blue Book. ...... it was like 90 outside. We were in his truck and I was driving. I turned on the ac and he said, "no! you will cause the gas mileage to go down!" But every other year it was trade in time for a top of the line Ford...

BTW, we are being watched.....hundreds of "reads" just waiting so they can spin a few words for justification of the "boot" even though they have no intention of joining our polite conversation on our open for everyone thread......Busy Body ...as per a PM....is at his old tricks for the total "liberalization" of Leverguns ..........should be renamed "Rossi Owners Club"......or maybe "Foreign Guns R Us". :D ------006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I can't say anything cause I remember doing the same thing myself. But, my old Dodge's AC really took some power to run. My Rubicon is an 03 and still blows cold. May be down a little, but it ain't much, if any.

I don't notice much difference in my oil use from one year to the next, no matter what the temperature is. I DID notice a difference when the kids moved out. :D

Haha yeah. I figure our days are numbered, no matter what we do. Oh well.....
It's like I said, I'm not going to something I ain't.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea bro...me too..."say it like it is"......never did go for the "be nice as it's more important than the truth". The truth is, most foreign guns that are bargain priced are ratty at best. THIS IS WHAT MADE AMERICA GREAT! "Made in America" was a selling point which meant what you were buying was quality......if it was not quality, people raised hell and either forced them out of business or they upped their quality control.......remember Great Western Guns? They were junk at first but by the time they raised their quality control, it was too late and Bill Ruger swept in. I had two Great Western single actions and they were great looking, fitted well and shot decent...one a 45 Long Colt and the other was a full size .22 L.R.....both obvious later production examples.

They did have a (I think) beryllium hand (or pawl) which was known to wear faster but mine were fine. Did you ever notice how some people say, "my "fill in the line" (usually R :D ) shoots great with no problems.....what they neglect to say is that they only fired one box of factory ammo out of it, then cleaned it and put it away. I've lived it and seen it all.....my buddy, who owns Targetmaster will not carry Rossi's, Uberits, etc. simply because it's too time consuming for the warranty work and refunds, etc. He won't even take them on trade in's.

There have been times when he takes in cheap guns but tells the people, "I'll only give you $10 or $15 for it" and then turns the guns into gun buyback programs and gets $100 for em.-------006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. I always figure if someone doesn't buy the US made stuff, soon it won't be there to buy. Every time I bought a copy (usually cause it was all i could afford) I was never happy with it anyway.
I'd just rather save up and buy what I really want. Even if it it took a couple years.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sunshine! It's above 30!..

..After near a half century of living here I finally realized that the sun comes up in different places according to the seasons. Only took me 47 years to observe that.....so.....I got up early to photograph the sun coming up. That's what I get for using 99% of my free time on Winchesters and Colts.

In the summer the sun comes up almost all the way to the left.---00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I tried out my new twig stove. This is a new one and I hadn't "burned it" yet. I had a few minutes so I grabbed some sticks off the lawn and tried it out. I "boiled up" and made a coffee from my trail pack.
I like this stove better than my old one. My old one has more configurations but is all separate pieces, so it can be a pain trying to assemble it in low light or cold.
This new one folds up and goes in a folding metal case like an Altoids tin. It acts as an ash tray and heat shield. It also stabilizes the legs and keeps the stove steady. Works slick.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay that looks real dandy 8) I have a Kelly Kettle which I can use when away from blasted civilization.

All this talk of burning wood is making me regret moving here, yesterday was the first time I saw the indoor thermometer go over 70, this new fangled electricity is expensive and does not throw out a lot of heat, I can't even get warm enough to fancy a beer ..... :(

Six, anyone who buys a copy of a Winchester or Colt (as I have a few times) knows that it ain't going to have the quality of the original BUT they are buying into the design and style of the original which goes to prove their choice of firearms is correct but flawed probably because of the perceived difference in cost. It's like if I'm walking in the rain and someone offers me a lift in their Yugo I ain't going to complain until I have to get out and push it... :lol:
Anyway I was always happy to see a shooter with a single action or lever action at the range at least I knew his or her heart was in the right place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Those Kelly Kettles are slick! Probably 90% of the time you are just boiling water. Either for coffee or to re-hydrate and cook a meal.
One thing I like about the twig stove is its very compact and light, while allowing me to configure my cook gear. The stove itself fits in a shirt pocket. It also cools very quick once it's out.
Another feature I like is that it has a plate to use Esbit tablets or a Trangia alcohol burner. I like this cause sometimes dry sticks are an impossibility.
I keep a backpack in my truck with everything I need to get by for a few days in the woods.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I think today is a total rebirth of the Mayan Way Of Life.......Oby Won Six Gun has "seen the Sun and Life is Good Once Again." I can See Him On The Roof of the barn with a headdress on watching the winter solstice and now the crops will grow again . Thank You Oby Won...........Love Ya Bro....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well that sure paints a picture! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's funny? Me on the roof of the barn with a 12-8 pitch? Well, I WILL be up there tomorrow as I have a leak on the cupola....not much but little leaks developed into big leaks.......bought a can of Gorilla Glue brand spray rubber in white......last month I fixed the hole on the roof my BIL shot and will not own up to it.....our barn is in a direct line with his shooting gongs 300 yards away. He puts a load of dirt behind it that's about a foot over the top of the gongs......he said, "wasn't me, must have been someone else who was shooting." I couldn't find the bullet even using my metal detector so I just fixed the roof and will laugh in his face the next time he needs something which is about 20 times a year.

It's mom's sisters husband and is motivated in life at about the same speed as a snail is at 35 degrees.

Well, I got gun boxes to sort out......noticed the other day I have them all over the gun room......Old model flattop Rugers, Smith and single action army Colt boxes......I felt one and it was heavy and dangled if there wasn't an old model 45 long Colt in it with the a.c.p. cylinder...all new from about 1970.
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That is some good stuff buddy!
I saw a 3 screw 45 convertible a couple years ago. It was nice, but something seemed off, so I walked. I've learned to trust my gut.
Last edited by OldWin on Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Did you know there are less Ruger Old model 45 long Colts than there are 44 flat tops?

Well, time to be humiliated as I'm told we should be from time to time. Don't know how to do it, do you? :D

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Six wrote : " with his shooting gongs 300 yards away. He puts a load of dirt behind it that's about a foot over the top of the gongs......" When I was about 15 We spent our summer evenings out back playing badminton. it was cutthroat every night but there was nothing else to do in farm country after dinner , maybe go fishing or frogging. :wink: . one evening we are hard at it and I hear shooting down the road. nearest house was just short of 1/2 mile. after each shot I hear bullets hitting the trees in the fence line next to our house. I go tell Pop and We take a ride. the people down the road had a small mound of dirt and were shooting cans on top of it. those long rifles were skipping off the top and hitting the trees at our house.
After a short argument My Dad convinced this guy to change his shooting setup....no common sense at all.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah I know. But something wasn't right about that gun.
Finish didn't look quite right.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well 45....I believe you, me and Jay grew up the same way.....hanging out in the woods, making forts, camping, froggin', making whiskey, losing our teeth at around 15, usually from falling out of trees, .......yea, wouldn't have it any other way. Kids today don't even go outside......play stupid video games and expect others to give them what it takes to get through life.......

Our generation and maybe shortly afterwards are about the end.......

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, what single actions do you come across in Jolly Olde? I have examples of most makes. The only one I shot much was a Ruger 45 convertible and that maybe only 500 rounds.

Only comparison with Colt was a in 1911s, had two nickel Series 70s. Bought a Springfield Mil Spec type made in Brazil. It is both tighter and more accurate than either Colt, $329 in 1989. No issues with it in 5,000 rds. Sold the Colts.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS since the UK Handgun ban the most common single actions are now Cap n Ball of all varieties.
Before the ban Colts and Rugers were common at the range along with all the Italian and German clones.
Lever action rifles were always around but not as common as bolt actions.
I haven't been a member of a shooting club for some time so I don't know what folks are using now.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...nuttin' going on?....Pet Smart got me for $7 tonight.....didn't think until I got home and it's not worth the gas to drive back over there. The other day I bought 2 cans of Gorilla Glue brand rubberized coating. (like Flex Seal). I stored it next to the wood stove and shook the heck out of it before climbing on the roof of the barn which has a 12/8 pitch to spray around the cupola.

I get the the top of the barn to start my work and the spray can wouldn't spray...only sporadic spurts. This is after shaking and shaking and having it warm.....I was not pleased......I finally got it to spray here and there, did what I thought would keep the cupola from leaking and winged the can as far as I could throw it.....

I get down off the roof, across the overhang, and down the ladder........look down and realized my $20 jeans, my boots and my coat were ruined with white rubberized junk......I'm gonna take it back and suggest to the hardware people that Gorilla Glue should change their name to "Rossi".

Blue Magic Marker fixed my jeans and carb cleaner cleaned my boots. The coat? Ahhh, it was 20 years old, but....it was one of my newer ones.....zipper was broken on it and I held it together with a huge safety pin that came off of an old hunting license holder. :D ----006

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, here I am leafing through a May of 1981 Shooting Times magazine and what do I see?? It's information to dummies...real dummies......in addition to the many pictures of real 45 "short" and "Long" cartridges from the 1870's to the 1890's I've posted, I come across an advertisement from the COLT FACTORY. So that means that college educated people know more than actual cartridges plus the 183 year old company that makes these classics. And now you know why college educated people dislike MY President so much, President Donald J. Trump.

College educated people.......you have to stop trying to rewrite history.... :D .-------006

Here's a picture so now the educated ones can say they saw a old Colt real close. There's no "R" in C.O.L.T.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha well there!
I never really gave it much thought. I always called it "45 Colt", cause that's what it said on the barrel and brass. I also didn't mess with any of the others. I found it enough work explaining to everyone that it wasn't 45acp, without asking for even more problems.
My dad, however, to this day will not utter 45 and Colt without saying "Long". Won't do it.

Speaking of the old 45, I prepped a couple hundred rounds of brass the other day. I'm getting low on loaded ammo and have to load some. Ive had at least one 45 since the 80s. It was the first single action centerfire I ever bought.
I'd still love to have a "Frontier Six Shooter" though. Always thought that was the coolest thing Colt ever did.

My kid texted me last night. He sent a pic his buddy sent him. He was in a gun shop in Eagle River Alaska and there were racks full of old Winchesters. 86s, 92s, 94s, you name it. I couldn't believe it.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Here We are a week later and last Friday the temp went below zero...today 60*. :x . After reading Sixguns about a dozen times I had no doubt about the "long or short" Colt cartridge as Keith splained it all waaaaayyyyy back then . I have seen many people call Him a liar who couldn't hold His cigar.
He wrote of people shooting a black powder gun in a house and the concussion of the round going off would put all the lamps out. who today would know that?.. I have the book "letters from Keith" .I wondered how He learned so much living out in the sticks, no phone , no internet , He did it by busting His butt every week writing hundreds of letter to people all over the county .
Oldwin, where did you get that twig stove? Looks pretty cool.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey 45!
I bought it direct from Firebox. They have different models. Mine is the Nano in stainless. They have a bigger one and they come in titanium also.
My other stove is a Core 4 in titanium. I like it, and it is very configurable, but it's separate pieces that have to be assembled. I think I'm going to like this one pretty well.
I'm sure the Core would work better for me if I used it all the time. But with extended intervals between use, being a stupid hick, I forget and have to mess around haha.
I don't always stop and boil up on the trail, and when I do, I want a coffee and not have to mess around.
Usually, as I walk along, I grab some old man's beard as a starter. I also snap off a bunch of dead sticks from spruce and cedar while I'm looking for a good place to stop. If you have a saw, you can also saw a few 1 inch diameter sticks to length and use a "Swedish" style burn in the stove, instead of feeding longer ones in the ports.
ANDYLARSSON
Site Owner

Post by ANDYLARSSON »

Hello guys, I’ve been pretty busy building sights and keeping Marlin supplied, haven’t had a chance to drop in here and see how things are going. My apologies for that.

Old Maine, the Gladiators are cool rigs. My wife has wanted one since they first came out. She wants it in Olive drab or the Gray.

Our son bought one of the diesel versions and loves it. He does a lot of high country Mule Deer hunting and says with all 4 chained up it will go places a person shouldn’t go.

I’ll need to slow the roll here on a couple things:

A. No one is asking anyone to be something they are not. I am asking that we dial back the need to criticize what others use, find enjoyable, and are excited about. Our disdain or perceived superior experience and knowledge doesn’t need to be aired just to be airing it. My mother taught me when I was young to always tell the truth…. She said, “But you don’t always have to go around telling it”. And she added, “What might seem to you to be truth you may someday learn to be otherwise “. Seems like Rossi’s are a sore subject here. I’d say I know a few things about firearms, leverguns, and the sum total of what’s currently available. As I mentioned before, some of our members will never have the option of owning an original Winchester or Colt. It serves no purpose to discourage them from what they do have access to that they will be proud of and enjoy. Some of the shooters today are finding the current production Rossi’s to be quite enjoyable, accurate, reliable, and pretty well fit. This did not come about because of some grumpy pointed posts on the internet but by open and frank discussions with the manufacturers themselves by those who had helpful observations and advice. The online discontent is usually ignored. Reasonable, helpful conversations are how progress is made behind the scenes. You may have a different opinion and may even delete some of what you have shared that may have looked like it was too reasonable but…. Please respect the guidance I’m kindly offering here.

B. “ BTW, we are being watched.....hundreds of "reads" just waiting so they can spin a few words for justification of the "boot" even though they have no intention of joining our polite conversation on our open for everyone thread......Busy Body ...as per a PM....is at his old tricks for the total "liberalization" of Leverguns ..........should be renamed "Rossi Owners Club"......or maybe "Foreign Guns R Us". :D ------006”

I’ve not been watching a thing till today and no one has shared anything with me. If there is going to be any “booting” it will be done by myself. I am no coward, will not lurk around in the shadows, and won’t try to make anyone look bad. Just the opposite. I will also not edit or delete what I have said. There is no “liberalization” taking place here. Making peace and being inclusive to bring more shooters along is not liberalization. Recognizing value in something made other than exactly how or where we would make it, is also not liberalization. Let’s not draw lines and find reasons to be offended.

No need to stir up trouble, there are other places to do that. We will not be stirring here.

If I’ve spun any words or been less than transparent please let me know and we can discuss it.

I believe the knowledge and experience of the members can be helpful to old and new lever lovers alike. Let’s make that a goal.

Remember, just “saying it like it is” as I’ve shared before implies all wisdom and knowledge and infallibility few of us can live up to. Temper it a bit, leave room for grace, and we will all be better for it.

Think about it and consider what is here to offer our firearm community. I’ll always be open, transparent and fair. Expecting the same from all our members.

Thank you for being here and keeping it between the lines.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey 45, change your name to "45 Long Colt" and educate the educated! Just like a union man would do.....remember the bosses always knew more than us?.....Ha! It b.b. time to the deserved!

And for my fine friend in the Northwoods:

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'm done explaining myself. It's just like at work, the least productive complain on the most productive. That's OK, I retired at 62 and they are still working in their seventies. Same scenario in all aspects of life.
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup.
To the best of my knowledge, I haven't attacked anyone here. Either for their opinion or what they shoot for firearms. If someone wants to search my posts and can find an example of such, I will duly apologize.
One thing I KNOW I haven't done, is whine or complain to to Moderators about anyone else.
I know I do post a lot of off topic stuff, so rather than clutter up someone's post, I figured if it's in one spot than it isn't taking from someone else. And, if there are those who don't like it, they know what post to avoid. I just never got a satisfactory answer for why this isn't acceptable, or why it offends anyone. The regulars here do seem to keep it here. If I post on another post, I try and keep it on the pertinent subject. I certainly don't try and cause any trouble here.
This will be the last I say on this subject. It's been hashed to death.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My kid texted me a couple pics last night. Seems his bud from his unit is in Eagle River, near Anchorage, and he stops in this gun shop. He sends pics of racks of old Winchesters. :shock:
You name it.....86s, 92s, 94s, oddball stuff. I couldn't believe it. I asked my kid if he was texting from the plane on his way to get em.
I don't care if my Christmas presents are a little late. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, get yourself a Madis book and head on out there! It's the variations that bring the money. :D

Man! That ain't fair, you get aaalllllllllll of the good stuff.

Seriously though.....I don't know the prices up that way but since the Blue Book came out everyone is an expert. Might be a 50-100-450 in the pile....call! Now! :D -----006

Could be some single action Colts......the real money is there...call!!