Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Walt »

Jay, I have a friend who used to organize group snow rides on New Years Day in the mountains. Knowing that most of the people he invited wouldn't show up, he'd invite 20 or 30. There were times when a bunch would show up, a number of them with 2wd ATVs. That was always a pain because we would end up pushing the ones that couldn't make it through the snow. There were a couple of guys who chained up their 2wds and did all right but others needed to be pushed (by hand) for miles. Made for exhausting days....I lost interest in that so haven't participated in years. I prefer summer and fall rides; the downside of that is when the weather here has been dry, those logging road are very dusty so distance between quads is 100+ yards. I prefer to ride by myself or with one other ATV. My daughter used to ride with me and we had such a good time together. I sorely miss those days but life goes on...

That quad just in front of mine with the guys standing around is a perfect example. That's a race quad; low center of gravity, small tires, solid axle dragging in anything deeper than 4". It's a Honda CR250R, a 2 stroke that would be a blast in the sand but one of the ones we had to push....and push.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool picture!
I grew up riding dirt bikes and kept at it till my son was born. Then I felt guilty and switched to 4 wheelers so I could take him. We also had the camp and used them a lot. I had a 4wd that I used hunting and trail riding. In the summer when it dried up I had a 2wd sport rug with a header and other mods we played with. I would put a thousand miles a year on each one. There was endless riding from our camp and you wouldn't see a soul. My parents rode too, and used to come with us. We would take a week off during bird season and ride all day for birds. Stop and cook lunch and coffee on the trail. All in some beautiful country. Those were good days.
I'll gave to dig out some pics and post them up. We did it all through the 90s.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Oooo…ooooo….im jumping in the conversation even though AOC knows more about ATV’s than me……why just today a bro in Philly was driving his ATV on Front Street…..(busy street) …..and a motorcycle cop pulled up next to him and the bro cranked his wheel a hard left straight into the cop……filthy animals……

Ya know, on the people who knowingly bring an unsuited vehicle to a group meet just need to be told he’s on his own…..forgot how many times a guy would bring a problem gun to a match where everything is on a timer…..9 times out of 10 when the match director called, “stop shooting, any alibi’s?” and sure enough, the same people, match after match come to compete with junk guns and hold up the match while they are fixing their guns…….another reason I gave it up after a lifetime competing.

After a day doing
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great photos Six, I hope to see similar sights when I move just like I did at my last place.
I have zero experience with little ATVs although common over here there's not so many places they can be used other than on farms.

Rain again temp still in the 50s…
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's one good thing wheeling with the Jeep club. There is a bare minimum of equipment to run certain trails. They have a numbering system for the trails with a list of suggested modifications and required modifications. Also they will list the probability of damage. My Jeep goes pretty good and there are some trails I will not run. Mostly trailer queens run the real bad ones.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Great pictures, Six! Let the invasion begin....won't need to mow as much!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thank you very much…Elvis…..Deer are like rabbits here…….people like to see them and let them eat right up to the house…….along with not reading books there’s not many hunters anymore……..these yuppies cruise the back roads at 60 instead of 35 and we redencks laugh when we see a banged up Mercedes…….

As for “Jeepin” I never could see the thrill in it unless you used an old beater. My boy did the Rubicon Trail in his new hemi powered Jeep last year, to which I told him he was a fool as he said it’s rare for a Jeep to reach the end of it unscathed. He managed somehow…….Smashing the differentials, oil pan, trans, etc. Now a moderate trail would be fun, camping out, beers, shooting rocks, etc….

2 days in a row….low seventies, sunshine, and no wind….

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This Jeep - wet grass rated ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here you go Walt, skipping across the rocks at 71 ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Looks like a nice area. A walking stick is always a good idea on slick rocks. I hope you guys are doing well, Fred. Thanks for the pictures.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, 2 nice zzz’s but Walt’s has that “grab and squeeze look”.

Jay…I reread your PM and you said “true ivory” ….they will look nice as long as they are not bright white…..you can give them the tea treatment. Take the stocks off of the XR3 and size up the XR3 red……they may work after some cutting…….then pop off the stocks from a SAA and you’ll see how somewhat easy that switch will be. I know I have extra’s for the RED. frame and Colt SAA’s but not the early XR3 frame.

I know you have some Colt SAA’s there, most of which slipped past my grasp into your buffalo coat when you were here.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:36 pm OK, 2 nice zzz’s but Walt’s has that “grab and squeeze look”.

Jay…I reread your PM and you said “true ivory” ….they will look nice as long as they are not bright white…..you can give them the tea treatment. Take the stocks off of the XR3 and size up the XR3 red……they may work after some cutting…….then pop off the stocks from a SAA and you’ll see how somewhat easy that switch will be. I know I have extra’s for the RED. frame and Colt SAA’s but not the early XR3 frame.

I know you have some Colt SAA’s there, most of which slipped past my grasp into your buffalo coat when you were here.
Yeah, I hate bright white ivories too. My Tru-Ivory grips are a beautiful aged yellow. Just not XR3. I sent a PM back.
I do have some Colt grips I could try. Otherwise, I'd have to remove the frame to see if there is enough material on the Tru-Ivories I have.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Copy that bro………NEVER let those factory stocks out of your sight…..future buyers want the originals….

Well, can’t complain. ……we had 3 nice days and today reminds me of Nancy Pelosi’s underwear…..s+(“%+..

Lordy…now the geese want a piece of the action…for real, we spent $77 for 3 bags of cat food 2 weeks ago at Costco…got one bag left….and they are not my cats! Ignorant people seem like they like my yard to drop off a few. Guess they are having trouble paying their Mercedes payment……

But
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

We have open season on them Canadian Turkey Cobras.... :? I don't mind them but they do poop a lot..
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! Six is up early.
No way man. I'd never lose the factory grips. I have a drawer I keep all my revolver grips in. Everything labeled. All my 1911 grips are in a box with all my 1911 parts.

Tore the nose off the 770 yesterday cause the battery tray was all rusted out. From what I read it's pretty common.
Going to strip everything and POR15 the frame, lower part of the nose piece, and the new battery tray. Then shoot it with JD green and reassemble. I should have taken the loader off though.
Me being me, I had no intention of doing any of this, but once I start looking and see stuff I can't help myself.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Black ducks, white ducks, geese.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea GK……the two geese are almost always here……every month or two the whole clan arrives….about close to 30……they were all born in our backyard and when they all come that’s what the slingshot is for..there must be 1,000 .357 160 gr. semi wad cutters all over the back pasture. When the whole clan is here they S all over the place and mom won’t let me take the dogs out back until we get a good rain……I don’t know why but dogs roll in S………Miss Apple stunk so bad last month it was instant bath time…Fox poop…..

Geese are especially despised at the local “Big Shot” Penn Oaks Country Club down the road…….Their poop rivals the size of a dog….thats the club where we would use the greens for ramps while snowmobiling.

Jay…don’t your loader come off easy? Mine takes about 5 minutes to take off or put on…..if….everything goes right…..any slight deviation in geometry throws it all off. Make sure you change the hydrostatic filters and oil regularly…..John Deere and Kubota make the best small diesel engines and will last near forever. My BIL’s 770 runs like a champ and he’s not too bright in preventative maintenance……or anything else……..

RAIN…50 mile an hour winds are coming all night.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Just pull two levers on the side and the loader comes right off. I should have done it before I took it all apart. Now it's in the garage and if I release it now I don't have enough room to back the tractor away from it. I have the battery out and a bunch of wiring removed to allow me to remove the noise cowling.
The 770 holds 4 gallons if hydraulic oil, but it's only for implement use. The 70 series are gear drive, not hydrostatic. The 55 series is the hydro series. I was looking for a gear drive cause it will be yarding wood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Yarding wood?”…….that makes sense……..I’ve done that before, “yarding wood in the dooryard.” You know, yarding wood is best for all involved as it brings us together which is important for the future of yarding wood and the betterment of struggling people. Without yarding wood, many of us can only wish for a bipartisan solution that involves wood and people, along with the lift that is needed for people of color which is the one deterrent that keeps us all pushed back to the medieval times from advancing in life. So yes, hold “yarding wood” parties in your communities for the better good of us all————Kamala Harris.
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha! Sounds like your campaign is off to a great start! With a platform like that, you can't lose. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well OW, San Diego, can’t get much farther from your end.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That must have been quite a road trip.. :?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

From what I read, Maine is THE place for lobster……….but what is rarely talked about is they also have lots of crabs. Cornville gives them away for free and the only thing you have to do is sit on one of their toilet seats. Just an hour at the Cornville Gentleman’s Club will leave you shaking your legs to get the crabs to fall down your pants especially if you attend their couch room.

Crazy, crazy wind..40 mph and the new flag I put up is getting a beating. Nice and warm, around 60 with lots of sun.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha!

Toilet seat?

Gentleman?

Couch?

You obviously ain't been to Cornville. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You’re the best bro…”couch”….”gentlemen”…………………”toilet seat” :D ….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hicks rule!

All them boys need is some Allen's Coffee Brandy, some Moxie, and a J.C Higgins 12ga. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I definitely have got to put Cornville on my bucket list.... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:47 pm I definitely have got to put Cornville on my bucket list.... :lol:
Most definitely! It's got a charm all it's own buddy. :D
Maybe a little bit of a smell too. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea…that smell…….is it fish or Sheen?

I’m watching this show and dang if Jay popped in my head instantly………..the show is called “Roadworthy Rescues”. This guy gets old junkers that have been sitting for years in fields etc. gets them running …somehow….and drives them home to his shop breaking down every 20-30 miles……..one time he replaced a complete engine in a parking lot……..there were several shows on tonight and one was a ‘79 Trans Am…real beater……he’s going down the road and the engine overheats so he pours water in it and instead of stopping every few miles to add water he puts a five gallon jug in the front seat and runs a hose to the radiator…..how that works don’t make sense unless he takes the cap off.

This S is Cornville ++++….or about anyplace 20 miles north and west of me……...a couple of months ago he buys a 52 Chevy sedan that hasn’t run in like 50 years……he gets it running and naturally the rings are rusted and smoke is pouring out terrible out of what little exhaust system is left….i mean, like a quart of oil every 10 miles. I don’t understand how he can do that legally…..makes me think he just drives it a short distance on a seldom used road and then it gets edited……

The guy is funny an
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha well if there's a pile that big here, it must be in Augusta (the capital).
Haha I've seen some skanky stuff on the road here. Couple weeks ago I drove my mom down to Portland to a doctor appointment. On the way back, I see this pickup and trailer pulled off askew on the interstate. There is a state cop and stuff strewed all over the place. This dude was hauling a crappy old building on way too small of a trailer in real bad shape. Behind too small of a truck that was no better. Something came apart. Truck, trailer, or building, and made a king Kong path of destruction.
I can't imagine driving that on the interstate. But I'm sure it was the best road, so he figured he'd chance it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Saw Billy Joel and Sting last night. Didn’t care for Sting but he lives about a mile south of Stonehenge so a gk neighbor, invited everybody over for tea.

Billy Joel didn’t start the fire or so he says.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Stonehenge is not far away, didn't know Sting lived near there I'll have to send him "a message in a bottle" for those who don't know that's one of his songs..
Stonehenge-Rocks-1-1024x576.jpg
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

OS, what's the difference between watching a great big screen from a distance and watching a small one up close? Living in SoCal you must have no problem with crowds of people around you.

I lived in Escondido for about 17 months in the middle 70s. I used to shoot at a range near Lake Wohlford which I think was the Escondido Fish and Game range. I couldn't stand that many people (inescapable in California) and moved back to good old NM. I've had absolutely no regrets about that decision.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Walt, I’m good either way. Little in the way of apprehensions or compulsions. Lived in a variety of situations with a wide variety of people.

Worked in a hotel, a hospital, a supermarket, a pipe foundry and a number of small businesses.
That is before my 46 years in practice, teaching in college and political involvement.

Lots of people, lots of experiences.

Maybe I should add three schools with international students including one friend who owned the 2nd largest rubber company in the world - in Liberia.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Walt to answer your question, interesting. Depends on the circumstances. You could say not much and I thought about this because when my second daughter was about 3 1/2 - 4, I was in practice 5 years. We had bought a house and had a 12” B&W TV. ;-) can’t buy everything at once but I got a 23” Color TV.

I have a picture of my daughter watching them and I don’t think she noticed the difference.

Now in this concert we were on the ground in the outfield at the Padre’s stadium, Billy Joel was minuscule on the stage but the huge screens took you right there.

Now the 12” BW TV screen would about 3 fingers on your outstretched hand. My 42” is 4 in my living room. Check this for yourself and report.

Keep in mind the key of a presentation is suspension of disbelief. If that is achieved does it matter. … Twilight Zone ???

Btw - this is the 23” and the 42”. I don’t get rid of much.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Fred, you'll probably think I lead an exceedingly boring life but I don't own a TV, I don't attend anything that involves crowds of people. Does that make me antisocial? Probably a bit, I suppose. There are so many things I love to do that don't involve other people, except no more than I can count on one hand.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Interesting

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Years ago when our kids were maybe 3 and 5 years old, my wife and I drove out to Anaheim to watch the New Years Eve fireworks show at Disneyland. We got there at about 11:00 PM and the place was already packed. We thought that if we got into the park farther, we could get away from the worst of the crowds. As we slowly made our way, we took a shortcut through a store and arrived at the circular area a relatively short distance from the entrance. There were thousands of people crushing together and it must have taken 20 minutes to move about 20 feet. It was a panic-inducing situation and we each had a kid on our shoulders. Suddenly a woman began screaming, "I'm pregnant!" over and over nearby and the thought struck me that there could be a stampede with people beng trampled. We decided to back out and again, the retreat to the store we had come through on our way in took almost half an hour, maybe 15 yards away at that point. It was a tremendous relief to get back out to the parking lot from where we watched the fireworks. In our view it was a nightmarish scenario and one that will remain with me. I despise crowds.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Walt, I have found the older (but I doubt wiser) i have become the less I need crowds big or small and as for TV programs I haven't watched them for years although my TV is wired up for YouTube which I do watch too much of. I have much better friends here on Leverguns. Com. than than some of the two faced a holes that I used to hang out with.
I'm not really anti social just happier to be a Lone Wolf... :wink:

Sunshine,wind and heavy showers here temp in the 50s.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Walt, we were there one New Years Eve. That was about 40 years ago. Took an hour to get out of the stadium and parking after the concert Sat. Just moved with the crowd. Would prefer less people but I guess it doesn’t deter us, certainly not my daughter.

NM sounds interesting, never did more than pass through. Have traveled CA to ME a couple times coast to coast a couple. Used to be easier with less traffic.

Sunny Calif

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well most of the time

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

That must be a country club.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang..I’m with Walt….screw any kind of crowd….…home or a place with less people than one is where I want to be……
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Ha ha ha.....now tell us how you Really feel.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

How I really feel? The only thing Rossi’s are good for is extra income for gunsmiths. A whole boatload of Rossi’s sank in the ocean and Lloyds of London only paid for the ship. :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Walt, Mission Bay Resort, San Diego.

This is almost all Astro turf type stuff.

We do these little jaunts 3-4 times a year basically in the southwest quarter of the US, a variety of places.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Here I am, 20’ up a ladder against the barn, drilling out and fixing 2 holes 1 and 3/4” in dia. that the woodpeckers decided they needed.
I climb down, walk in the house and mom hollers to me, “look at this!”……I looked on her phone and here’s this bro, sitting on a trash can at the bottom of an escalator in a mall in Texas……..people ALL over the place……..and this cat has his pants dropped down taking a dump in the trash can while talking on his phone.

I see too much of this behavior to think it’s an isolated incident…..my buddy Tommy is right…they are 2nd generation uprights.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Suicide by train here today, adult female. Complicated getting back here.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Suicide by train is just darn selfish, why include an innocent train driver in your demise... :evil:

Temperature back in the 40s again grey clouds not so breezy.

I'm watching a B/W movie where Andy Devine is wearing a Buffalo coat but nobody has noticed that their pistols are missing yet.......:lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea GK……..while I’ve never seen the results, my son has……he says it reduces a person to a glob of red jello……it’s the pressures of society and expectations that are not natural…….we were never designed to live in a society where money is king. Some of the happiest people are dirt poor and most always live in areas of full sunshine, usually in the islands….