Late season dove shoot !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Late season dove shoot !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Seven of us went out this morning at dawn and waited for late season dove . We actually saw quite a few birds . But only killed six between us , I had two motorized Mojo decoys out in front of me and was able to get four . This I might add has been my ONLY dove hunt/shoot of 2020 . Used my normal sporting clays gun a VH 16 30” F&F . I was shooting plain old Federal ounce factory loads with #7 1/2’s . The combination worked quite well for the few shots it had .
71F92449-F832-4937-B0A0-E0B725DCC907.jpeg
1DD8BE3C-4126-47DA-9177-3A85D60B0441.jpeg
272ED3CF-89F3-43E2-9366-FC990753901F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Re: Late season dove shoot !

Post by octagon »

Nice shooting! I rarely hunt late season doves, never seem to see any once it rains or the weather gets cold. 1 oz loads and doves go together like biscuits and gravy.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

octagon wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:22 pm Nice shooting! I rarely hunt late season doves, never seem to see any once it rains or the weather gets cold. 1 oz loads and doves go together like biscuits and gravy.
Thanks ! I actually enjoyed it although it was 22 degrees when we arrived . I’m not normally a coffee drinker but I keep some Maxwell House instant French Vanilla stuff here and I’ll drink some now snd then so this morning I took my little two cup thermos filled with the stuff and it came in handy . We’ve got a quail hunt lined up Tuesday at Rasawek with my Parker buddies . Instead of my usual 28 gauge I think I’m going to take a 16 or 20 . I had a Parker GHE 16 26” damascus in the truck that’s IC/M that just might be the quail gun tuesday .
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

My boy and I are fixing to go bass fishing 2 days, then pig hunting 2.5 days, with Ruger Hunter 44 mag, a 94 in 30 - 30, 8 in Python. We got 9 pigs last year, they have had a good bit of pressure lately, might shoot a deer, too late for turkeys. Good luck with the quail hunt.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

octagon wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:20 pm My boy and I are fixing to go bass fishing 2 days, then pig hunting 2.5 days, with Ruger Hunter 44 mag, a 94 in 30 - 30, 8 in Python. We got 9 pigs last year, they have had a good bit of pressure lately, might shoot a deer, too late for turkeys. Good luck with the quail hunt.
It’s looking like this coming Tuesday where we’ll go quail shooting it’s supposed to be about 40 when we start and top out in the mid 50’s . Not to cold and not hot and no rain . That works for me !
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

You have All the Fun. :mrgreen: .