Leaky Alkaline Batteries

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Leaky Alkaline Batteries

Post by AJMD429 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sH6GqGOOoVw

Some interesting info.

Energizers she likes.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Leaky Alkaline Batteries

Post by piller »

Kirkland from Costco was the worst about corroding that I ever tried.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have found that all brands are JUNK anymore. Was always a Duracell guy, then I opened a new package and within a week the AAs were corroded in the package! I tried some bunny batteries and these didn't seem to have a long life in my battery motion lights I keep in the hallways. Now I'm trying rechargeable AA & AAA- so far I'm pleased.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am using rechargeable batteries in as much as possible. In quite a few items that used those circular AAA holders, I can fit an 18650 rechargeable and get better power and life out of the device. Wal Mart has 4 packs of 18650 batteries for some outdoor rechargeable lights in the garden department in the Summer. I have a few lights which actually came with the 18650 cells in them. The 18650 requires a different charger, but I have those.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The lithium 123 ones at least seem not to leak so far... lots of “tactical” stuff uses them now.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

piller wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:51 am Kirkland from Costco was the worst about corroding that I ever tried.
That matches my experience to a tee! Boss was using them for clocks at work and one day the clock would be running just fine the next not and when opened the Kirkland battery had leaked and corroded the contacts. And the number of times I had to clean up after leaking Kirkland batteries at my mothers house. Well lets just say when I found Kirklands in her battery storage I suggested she throw them away! She did.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well, for starters, that's the kind of girl you want to marry....ugly and smart.....she looks cheap to dress and super cheap at the hair dresser and the only thing you have to do to keep her happy is to give her a corner in the basement to set up shop. She probably drives a 10 cent 2 cylinder matchbox that's painted beige......To hell with these high maintenance women.

On to batteries....like Gunny says, they are junk today. I use Energizer rechargables in my high dollar stuff like laser rangefinders and my chronographs.......

I've found some of the best rechargeables come from lighting units that are made in China

I beleive just a couple of companies make them all. They hire homeless people for the third shift when they make the Kirkland brand.

I recharge them all and have found Duracell takes and holds a charge.------006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Good info. Thought I saw somewhere Kirkland (Costco) batteries were made by Duracell .
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

Costco paid to have a lacquered window sill refinished after their batteries almost destroyed one of my ham handy talkies; I and most of my ham friends have quit copper tops and Kirkland dry cells because of leaking, often in the unopened pack, I now store and use only Harbor Freight, bot alkaline and rechargeable. FWIW, YMMV.
Bob