These people have no understanding of ECONOMICS...

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

These people have no understanding of ECONOMICS...

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:58 am

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/03 ... out-there/

They gripe because they are having to 'compete' to get the products they need, and that the prices go up because of the shortage. That's the whole point...!

If you're expecting some factory to completely retool from an existing product line to make something new they're not going to do it unless they get paid enough to offset what can be a tremendous cost.

As for having the government do it, typically that involves so much bureaucracy and red tape, that most companies aren't willing to take the risk; even if they do decide to work with FEMA, the process is inevitably slow. If instead, they simply state a price that they are willing to retool if paid, they know they will get that money in the free market, often as soon as they commit to the order - or at least upon delivering the product. That's always been the fastest and most efficient way to get the best products and services to the most people for the lowest price.

(You'd think real 'progressives' would appreciate the "for the Greater Good" aspect of the free market, but under the surface, 'progressivism' is all about virtue-signaling and cozying up to politicians and their big-business bedfellows - the 'greater good' is just the sugar-coating to cover their willingness to use force and violence against anyone standing in the way of their seeking power, money, and/or prestige as they force their materialism-over-spirituality values on others.)

'Resource allocation' is best and fastest when pricing is fluid; people only 'hoard' toilet paper when demand skyrockets but prices don't. That also perpetuates shortages because when government steps in and fixes prices, companies figure why pay overtime or open up new assembly lines, if they are going to lose money, or potentially go broke doing so. So then they appeal for 'bailouts' and even more bureaucracy (and the accompanying inefficiency and corruption) gets involved.

In the end, the consumer STILL pays a ridiculous amount for the toilet paper, despite anti-gouging laws, because of all the tax money being flung around, and far less of that money winds up actually being used to pay 'ridiculous prices' for toilet paper; instead much is siphoned away on lobbyists, and sweet deals for unrelated items that inevitably is bundled into 'bailouts'.

Far better to let the free market operate; prices go up sharply, hurting a few who get caught with their pants down (so to speak), but then that spurs a surge in manufacturing and distribution, and prices soon stabilize as the demand is satisfied. Inevitably, those with foresight, and who are 'prepared', and those with the most business agility, do better, and those without those things suffer, but when we involve government, the only ones who thrive is the political class and their business-cronies, and everyone else suffers.

I think a lot of the complaining is just that people who have Trump Derangement Syndrome can't make up their mind whether he is "being a dictator" and "seeking too much power" of the government to make everyone do their bidding, or whether he is an "ineffective leader" and "not doing enough" to help the people. :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: These people have no understanding of ECONOMICS...

#2 Post by Blaine » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 pm

We're about to take a head-long dive into Keynesian Economics.....Short term it will help a bit, but, the danger will come when the 'Crats/RINOs will want to keep it to buy votes. "If" I get one of those checks (that I really don't deserve) I'll spend it with a local business to help keep them going.
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.

The Opposite Of Politically Correct Is NOT Intentionally Rude.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

#3 Post by Grizz » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:06 pm

it's just plain old plain jane fascisim, with the overtones of all the other "isms"

it's not about right or wrong, or logical solutions, it is only about controlling power over people, the illegal kind is preferable to "them" because then they can brag that there is no "controlling legal authority", just like now

I am centered in the Kingdom that is to come, and disassociated from the kingdumb I live in now. I self-identify with Jesus, Son of God.

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#4 Post by FWiedner » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:03 pm

If I receive a check, I intend to rip it in half and deposit the pieces into the waste can.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.