New things Norma and i have made .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
Ysabel Kid
Moderator
Posts: 24993
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:10 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Contact:

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#101 Post by Ysabel Kid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:50 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:35 pm
One more for today, made a side car for the Trek bike.

Image
If I show this to Mrs. YK, I know what I would end up doing all the time! :shock:
Image

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#102 Post by Pitchy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:26 am

In the meantime we made a Mangle and a Adult size toy.
Added training wheels today as he was a little tipsy. :lol:

Image

Image

Image

Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJfsps- ... e=youtu.be
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4641
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#103 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:30 am

Tipsy? Stop taking him to the bar :lol: .
As usual- great stuff Pitchy!

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3352
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:00 am
Location: North Coast of America-Ohio

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#104 Post by .45colt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:32 am

Wow Pitchy , it never ends. Thank You !! :D

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#105 Post by Pitchy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 am

Thanks fellers, he`s a hoot huh. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Merle
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#106 Post by Merle » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:48 am

Pitchy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 am
Thanks fellers, he`s a hoot huh. :)

now, can you make him self propelled? :mrgreen:
Merle from PA

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#107 Post by Pitchy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 am

Merle wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:48 am
Pitchy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 am
Thanks fellers, he`s a hoot huh. :)

now, can you make him self propelled? :mrgreen:
Yep a hill. :P :lol: :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3846
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Vinita, I.T.

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#108 Post by M. M. Wright » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Neat stuff pard! It's hot here today, maybe 90 tomorrow. Of course that means storms even torpedoes er tornados.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS

piller
Posting leader...
Posts: 9822
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:49 pm
Location: South of Dallas

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#109 Post by piller » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Great examples of true talent again. Pitchy, you are amazing.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#110 Post by Pitchy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Thanks guys, stay cool Ron i hate hot weather.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Merle
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#111 Post by Merle » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:54 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 am
Merle wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:48 am
Pitchy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 am
Thanks fellers, he`s a hoot huh. :)

now, can you make him self propelled? :mrgreen:
Yep a hill. :P :lol: :)

well, that would be easy! :lol:
Merle from PA

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#112 Post by Pitchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am

I`m building a new steam box, bought one of those electric steam generators but not here yet.
Also made a couple jigs, one for making canes and the other for bending handles for baskets.

Image

Image

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#113 Post by Pitchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:31 am

Made a spear for Chief- um- Pitchy.

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#114 Post by Pitchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:48 am

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Merle
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#115 Post by Merle » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:31 am
Made a spear for Chief- um- Pitchy.

Image

so how does it throw? :lol:
Merle from PA

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#116 Post by Pitchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Pretty good, i set up a target at 50 yards using a sand bag rest and hit the bullseye. :P :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3756
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Maine

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#117 Post by OldWin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Neat.
A spear? You plannin' on running out of ammo? :D
I hope it don't come to that!
The Dark Man is coming!

piller
Posting leader...
Posts: 9822
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:49 pm
Location: South of Dallas

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#118 Post by piller » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:57 pm

No, it is for when he needs to sneak up on the target and hurt it quietly. 8)
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#119 Post by Pitchy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 pm

Between the spear, tomahawk and long bow good for stealth .
Thanks fellers. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#120 Post by Lastmohecken » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:17 am

Pitchy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:35 pm
One more for today, made a side car for the Trek bike.

Image
Wow! I have been thinking about converting a fat tire bike to a trike, but this looks like it might be easier and I could make it bolt on, pretty easily. Great idea!
I have a great fat tire bike but I am getting older and sometime I worry about falling down and the trike would pretty much solve that. I just want it for exercise, and don't care about needing to cover any great distance, just a good workout. Although, I think I would mount the side car on the right side of the bike, like a motorcycle.
NRA Life Member, Endowment

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#121 Post by Pitchy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 am

Thanks Lastmohecken, motorcycles had them on both sides so users choice.
Do a search in images on your puter for bicycle sidecars and you`ll find lots of ideas.
Sidecars are a lot of fun and useful for hauling things, if ya make one be sure to post pictures. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5472
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:05 am
Location: Alamogordo, NM

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#122 Post by Bill in Oregon » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:37 am

Wow, Lenn, you have been so darned busy! Eager to see how your steam box and bending jig work out.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#123 Post by Pitchy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:47 am

Thanks Bill, we are steaming now will see how it goes. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5472
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:05 am
Location: Alamogordo, NM

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#124 Post by Bill in Oregon » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:55 am

Lenn, wish you luck. If it works really well you need to get into boat-building! 8)

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#125 Post by Pitchy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:37 pm

I`ve been down this road of steaming before and know how frustrating it can be, it`s all about wood and grain direction.
I know pine is the worse in my opinion but my options at the moment are thin, the first two were failures so tried a oak and got a pretty good bend.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3846
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Vinita, I.T.

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#126 Post by M. M. Wright » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:00 pm

That last piece of oak looks good pard. Wish I could send you some logs.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#127 Post by Pitchy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks Ron, i`ll probably make a oak box and use it for the handle. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 5472
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:05 am
Location: Alamogordo, NM

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#128 Post by Bill in Oregon » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:24 am

Nice with the oak, Lenn. Aren't hickory and elm also good benders?

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#129 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:30 am

I think so Bill, Birch seems to work too we made toboggans from it.

Made a basket for the handle.

Image
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4641
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#130 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 am

Pitchy, I've been making fishing nets, I've learned that a minimum of 1" per hour is a good formula. If it's an inch thick it needs an hour of steam. Like you say, some bend easily others dont.
Oak, hickory, elm, maple, ash cherry and walnut have bent well for me. Soft woods dont bend for beans.
I usually make my nets with 2 woods, walnut strip, then a contrasting piece like maple then another of walnut I make them about 1/8-3/16" thick. I've also bent cypress with good success.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#131 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 am

Yep i read that about the time, we have Ask and Elm, oak,Maple but i can`t get to any at the moment with the snow and my hip.
I`m steaming another handle at the moment, did ya see the basket we posted at the same time?
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3338
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:34 am
Location: north of Palacios about 1400 miles

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#132 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 am

Pitchy, that'd be great for a beach bike. How much you figger it weighs? Us ut made aluminum ir steel?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#133 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 am

The bike is titanium i think, the car frame is thin wall steel and the sides tin so pretty light.
Don`t think i`d want to peddle it on a beach though .
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

User avatar
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4641
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#134 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:16 am

Yes I see the basket- Yogi is waiting for a pic-a-nic ! :D

piller
Posting leader...
Posts: 9822
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:49 pm
Location: South of Dallas

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#135 Post by piller » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:20 am

Gee Yogi, you're my hero! :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost

User avatar
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 7330
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#136 Post by Grizz » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:59 am

Pitchy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:37 pm
I`ve been down this road of steaming before and know how frustrating it can be, it`s all about wood and grain direction.
I know pine is the worse in my opinion but my options at the moment are thin, the first two were failures so tried a oak and got a pretty good bend.

This is the exact same jig for laminating wood. Thin strips, various combinations, often epoxy but waterproof carpenters glue will work just as well. Unless you are boiling the pieces.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3338
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:34 am
Location: north of Palacios about 1400 miles

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#137 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:14 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 am
The bike is titanium i think, the car frame is thin wall steel and the sides tin so pretty light.
Don`t think i`d want to peddle it on a beach though .
Pitchy, meant the side car.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

User avatar
Pitchy
Posting leader...
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Minnesooooota

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#138 Post by Pitchy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pm

3leggedturtle wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:14 pm
Pitchy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 am
The bike is titanium i think, the car frame is thin wall steel and the sides tin so pretty light.
Don`t think i`d want to peddle it on a beach though .
Pitchy, meant the side car.
I said what the car is made from.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3338
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:34 am
Location: north of Palacios about 1400 miles

Re: New things Norma and i have made .

#139 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pm
3leggedturtle wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:14 pm
Pitchy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 am
The bike is titanium i think, the car frame is thin wall steel and the sides tin so pretty light.
Don`t think i`d want to peddle it on a beach though .
Pitchy, meant the side car.
I said what the car is made from.
Had my selective reading glasses on again! :lol:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Catshooter, Majestic-12 [Bot], win40-82 and 4 guests