Installing a new lock on my springfield carbine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Installing a new lock on my springfield carbine

Post by barbarossa »

I m in the process of installing a new lock on my springfield carbine.I like the look of the maynard primer door over the standard springfield lock so I ve decided to put this lock in place

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Installing a new lock on my springfield carbine

Post by 6pt-sika »

I assume that’s a repro ? Is it a repro Model 1855 ?
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Yes it is a repro .It is a custom made piece made by Rick Hanson of a gun that never really existed.I bought for deer hunting as it a really handy gun in the woods.It has a swivel ramrod and a bobby Hoyt custom barrel and I thoughta 1855 lock would look better on it
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That would certainly get my attention if I saw it at the range :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

I shot skirmishes with an original '55 for a while and the hump slows down capping and can make it a little more difficult in the cold and/or wearing gloves. I have little love for a high hump lock plate, Maynard mechanism or not. I hope the lock is a repro. I've seen Hanson's creations on Track of the Wolf, he shows a lot of imagination and his work looks very good. See the link for one.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categori ... /2/AAS-323
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

You guys showing these custom built and or contemporary longrifles helps the cause of me not buying very little ! I still want a nice 54 cal Hawken and a 54 or 58 contemporary longrifle flinter in Va or Isaac Haines school .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !