The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jay Bird

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Jay Bird »

Yea...leave it to the Americans to make a conspiracy out of anything to make a dollar.....

Like the plasma cutter Griff......I don't know much about them other they do a neater job than a hacksaw., on in my case a hammer and chisel.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow that Lee Harvey, got the parade route changed, cancelled normal security, what a guy. And he made it sound like the shots came from the fence where people ran. All while sitting in the break room drinking a coke.

Those warehouse guys can pull off anything. ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I win the 3 digit 71 that I WAS going to give to Jay....thanks Jay!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Congrats. 90 32 Mag yesterday. 4.4 231 with the Calif. Prissy 85 JHP ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Oh JACK! Wow. Nice.
As to the reason my 1873 bore looks so good....it has a like new bore. No, I mean it has a LIKE NEW BORE. Yeah it has a liner. It has very little finish and a liner so not so collectible but a hoot to shoot. AND IT WAS CHEAP!
Last edited by fordwannabe on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OK Griff, I go to check 32 Mag loads in Hodgdon 27 and look what falls out Synchronicity in action.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

HEY! That 3 digit 71 was supposed to be in my care package!!

Gotta say when I got up this morning and no one had posted anything I was concerned all you guys were taken by the dark man !!

I tell ya USPS tracking sux!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I tell ya, it's hard to keep up here when you work nights.
I'm cryin foul on my 71!
Oh well. I'd let Six borrow it for a while anyway. Just saves having to send it back. He is pretty good guy, so I don't mind. :D

They called one of my buddies at work and said he may have been exposed to an assumed positive case at work. He works in inspection with me and the guy I ride with. We didn't get a call. :shock:
Oh well.... nice knowing you boys. Always knew that dump would kill me.
Don't worry about my guns. I left detailed instructions.
Whatever my kids, wife, grandkids, and old man don't want, you guys are welcome too.
Cough.......cough.......cough.
Aaaaachooooh!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I used to work in the building just north of it... in fact, my office window looked right into the building from the north side. I was in the 8th grade, in gym class.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Griff wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:41 pm I used to work in the building just north of it... in fact, my office window looked right into the building from the north side. I was in the 8th grade, in gym class.
Hmmmm?
Don't happen to have a 6.5 Carcano do you Griff? :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

You guys have been active while two hours of my time was taken up because I had the stupidity of a rock by walking down the driveway to retrieve a package left by UPS. I'm walking down and I hear a horn in comes Tommy, my bud who owns Targetmaster.

You want to hear a funny story....locals are trying to shut down his business. State Police were there THREE times yesterday telling him he had to close. He responded by showing the cops a phone number and telling them to call that number.....that number was the personal home number of police lieutenant attorney who make the rules! They said, "how'd you get that number?" :D yea...liberal crybabies.

He also told the cops that he would comply 100% to ANY demand they have, including shutting down the business.....IF they surround the store with National Guardsmen. He has a number system to get in the store.....only a few at a time.....they sit in the parking lot until their number is called...range is shut down and so are the bathrooms.

On another note, the overwhelming majority of people dying from this disease in NYC are well, you know...let's say democrats.

50 to a house ...Wadda expect.....and we gotta pay for em.

Griff has a Carcano that was sent to an address in Dallas right before 11-22-63? Wow...can I have it?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Junior year, chemistry class, Mr. Kemp. Wasn't til 67 we see a big difference in the wounds described by the docs etc in Dallas and those reported from Bethesda Naval Hospital. Hmmm? The govt had the body. That Lee Harvey, must have some connections. Beware of those warehouse guys.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OldWin wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:47 pm
Griff wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:41 pmI used to work in the building just north of it... in fact, my office window looked right into the building from the north side. I was in the 8th grade, in gym class.
Hmmmm?
Don't happen to have a 6.5 Carcano do you Griff? :D
Hmmm... in fact, don't have anything that in a non-US chambering.

The closest I have is a 7mmRemMag in a Remington 700. Maybe I'm compensating for you guys with the big foreign gun collections!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Mmmmmmm.....the nationwide coronavirus map is starting to look like an election result map.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I knew a Carcano, lived in Walsenberg CO, it was one or two numbers higher than the infamous one 'used' by Oswald.

Went to the chiropractor, on the way home and 2 squad cars with lights flashing blocking the road. They were out of their cars shooting the Pelosi - NOT AT SAFE DISTANCE of 6' !! I didn't bother to ask what happened, wind blowing here I figure a tree is down. Saw a pair of state troopers this morning doing the same.

Jay just remember I only own 2 Winchesters so make note of the fact I get first dibs after the family! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny....ya mean the cops didn't signal you to pull over to tell you seeing a chiro wasn't necessary so they could give you a $200 ticket because "those others" need some cheap pizza and a quart of malt liquor? Nothing personal, I hate Jersey and so do you....in fact, if it wasn't for Pennsylvania having Mississippi in between Philly and Pittsburg we would probably be in the same boat. I hear those wind chimes just a chiming away. :D

Yea..sure was windy today......we were told yesterday that there was going to be a brief mid day storm and sure enough around 1 or 2 the sky got black, the wind came in crazy and ten minutes later it was blue skies again.

So what else is going on? Not much action I see ........Fred still loading 32 mags and can't get out to shoot them?....To me, shooting paper is extremely boring anymore....I use paper to gain confidence in my sights and ammo then blast steel, rocks, TV's, old clock radios, about anything inanimate. Maybe tomorrow I'll shoot the alarm clock that got me up for work for the last 15 or twenty years......a VERY annoying alarm which is what I need to get up so tomorrow I'll give it a load of factory 12 gauge buckshot and take some pics.....

Pa just extended its "stay at home" policy until April 30th.....I think this whole thing is being overblown.....let people get back to work as long as their job does not require getting close to someone else. The place where I put in 44 years is still open....is soda pop and seltzer water a necessity?
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hey hey a little credit here please! I fixed the towel rack in the bathroom, vacuumed up enough lab hair to fill a pool, put in 6 solid hours of government time. Got a magazine spring for the 73, a follower for a small caliber Marlin, replaced right tie rod end on the super duty AND loaded 100 rounds of 32-20 with 5.0 grains of Unique. BAM
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, made it to work but it wasn't pretty. Roads not plowed, trees down in the roads everywhere. Some hanging down into the road. Snowing so hard you can't see em until its too late. Just gotta hope and hit em.
Sitting in the parking lot waiting to go in and get in line for my nightly temperature taking.
I'm gonna be some pizzed if I "temp out" and get sent home. Have to turn right around and drive the 53 miles back through that mess.

Good times.......

Hey! Made it through another screening. Hooray for me. :lol:
Last edited by OldWin on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Tommy Gun......yes....lots of credit bro...that's called a "full day". I remember when I had days like that.....somewhere back in the eighties.

And Jay.......you also deserve credit.....53 miles in the snow? !!! ....Dude, as I kept a perfect attendance record at work, I was able to call off on those rare times we had a lot of snow so if I add up the times I drove in the snow that added up to 53 miles, it was probably some time back in the nineties....

Nighty night and don't let your hot dog stand.---6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. I have plenty of time to take. About 2 months worth. Just hate to use it for stuff like that.
We are getting a foot or more out of this. Worst part is, in typical spring fashion, it's wet and heavy. Hate that garbage. It had been drying up good too......
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Actually these were the first boys in blue I've seen in weeks! I don't think the departments are allowing civil interactions unless it is serious.

I once got on I25 as the troopers closed the interstate behind me during a blizzard. I made it to Colorado Springs in about 3 hours instead of the normal 2. 121 miles in a blizzard was fun! Yeah wet snow sux!!

Nice and chilly here, 35 and still windy but not as blustery as yesterday!

I'm going to work until noon today, then I'm loading up the Ranger to go stock trout- tomorrow is opening day ! My bet is there aren't going to be the normal hordes of people . My town normally has fishermans breakfast at one of the churches, each and very business benefits from trout season, one of the top rivers in the state is here.

Ah well, coffee , take a schumer, put the garbage out and go earn a buck before the fun starts!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six the pills are in the box!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Copy dat Gunny....1 down...two to go......I'm especially worried about the mighty 35 making its way to big bear land.....

No details.....the "board police" are watching.....recording and analyzing every word........shiiiiisssshhhhh.-----code 11 from team member 6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Now I gotta figure out what to do with the osage orange...maybe some knife scales !

We stocked 250 lbs of brown & rainbow trout today. So do I fish tomorrow or load some test loads for the 375 ? Have to load up some jacketed stuff too just to try out. I've got 200s,235sor 250s, 270s and 300s but not many pachyderms wander through the yard so do I really need 300s ?

Jackbird what mould are those from, in case I like em and decide to buy a mold.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Told you ...NO DETAILS!!!!...Bernie supporters are behind every wall...peeking.

The mould is from NEI back when you could trust them to cut out a mould.....they stuck me good on the last one....took my money ($200) and he made up excuse after excuse and finally I knew I wasn't going to get my money back or the mould....just another worthless bum ... .....heard the owner had an issue with nose candy....dunno....DONT go to them....

What I can tell you is I've won long range matches with that bullet and has performed super excellent in a half dozen 38-55's and I tried unsuccessfully to promote it here but some people know more than me so I let them have their beliefs. It's about the maximum weight for standard twist rates in the 38-55....heavier than the standard 240-250 gr.

Those pieces of osage orange are about the biggest I can get out of firewood....you know, by the time you cut off the junk and square it up, there's not much left....I threw in what I had and there's a piece or two that's perfect for your favorite hatchet or hammer.....I told my bud to get me some that's long and straight enough for an axe or sledge hammer. I'd like to make a club out of one....the wood is heavy and won't split...no need to add lead for weight........just about perfect for smashing the heads of worthless parasites that can't seem to mind their own business. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup, that OO is tough stuff for sure. Buddy of mine in KS has a bucket full of knife scales that his Dad cut from a 150 year old fence post, other than discolored from the sun it's in perfect condition! Amazing wood.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey that book is an oldie! Any idea when it was printed ?
Yes, it's me! :P
So I found in Lyman 47, 10.5 of Red Dot, same of 700X were starting loads.
Ok I'll load 10 of each.
What's it mean when the RED dots are mostly purple/blue??? There is some red flakes- nope I'm gonna burn what's left in this can as it was given to me. 1991 date of manufacture. No idea how it was stored or poured into it- time for POOF no eyebrows!
So I loaded 10 with 700x, 10 with 5744. I decided I should load some jacketed to get it on paper, 200 gr Sierra with 80.2 of CFE223- that's the MOST powder I've ever loaded. These ought to zip along at about 2900!
20200410_200722.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Book? Did I throw in a shotgun book? Ok, I think I remember...some were too big to get in the box.... Gunny...I have A LOT of shotgun books and while the guns and loads etc are outdated there are lots of great articles in them.....I'll round em all up....they be yo's....

Don't worry about the powder...USE IT! Even old and stinky powder works fine......people read too much on hazards.....this is what you do with powder that you think it's no good......IF you have OLD powder and the same kind in NEW powder, use a suggested STARTING load and load a few rounds of each, old and new...shoot em and chronograph them....9 times out of ten you won't have a problem.

The problem comes in as old powder will dry out so you will load MORE of it, hence, an overload. If it's really bad looking use common sense such as bugs big clumps that sweat...you know, what happens with old dynamite. You'll get erratic velocities with really bad looking powder........I've shot up probably 50 pounds of old smelly Hi-Vel #2, 4320, 4350, 4831 and others...maybe 15 pounds of old bullseye in the pre war cardboard cans with the screw caps......and let me explain something.....it takes a LOT of ammo to use up 15 pounds of Bullseye and I didn't shoot them out of 10 cent cheap guns like Italian guns, Taurus's or other junk....I thought nothing of pushing lead down the bore with old powder with pre war Colts and Winchesters. I have sense, my name ain't Shrapnel. :D

Remember, your going to get HUGE elevation differences between the heavy loads and the light cast......when I don't know where something is going to hit, I'll just aim at a rock on the bank and watch for the impact.

Also, keep the brass separate from the heavy loads vs light loads. Don't use the light loaded brass for heavy loads...or just be VERY careful and watch your headspace on the brass.....the brass from a light load will be pushed forward by the firing pin strike and will create a false shoulder allowing the brass to grow and possibly separate if you use them for heavy loads. On regular average pressure guns I don't worry about it...like 30-30's....but on the big boys that run 52-60K I'm careful.---6
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I re-started a project Imfirst attempted 15 years ago, install a tool box on farm trailer. I a fried had a custommaluminum box maox made... wouldn't fit his at all! (Dude, learn how to measure!)
Anyway, it was a little big for mine also, but, a little judicious cutting and it would fit between the frame rail at the tongue... hmmm... this could work!

So... last Saturday I ordered a little 40amp plasma cutter from Jegs, (on sale), and it came in on Wednesday! So, this am, I fire up the generator, setup and cut the frame rails, and then welded in the box brackets, ready to install tomorrow!

Pics to follow.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks for the tips JB, I've never developed low pressure stuff so I appreciate that. I only loaded the jacketed stuff so I can get it on paper, then I'll switch to the cast stuff. I've got a couple hundred new cases and I'll keep separated. I'm quite sure that this rifle will not see a lot of use! After I get something I like to work I really need to step back and get a good load for my 7x57, another 25 year old project I never found a good load for.

Griff you will find more projects now , having a plasma cutter is awful handy! A buddy upgraded his last year, now he can cut up to 1.5" steel! He is a fabricator so his gets used a lot!

Today I have to do some running, gotta find a couple electrical plugs and a small tool box for an air pump . Huh? Yep I've been relegated as the official trout stocking Ranger. Fish in buckets, air hose in bucket to keep em oxygenated. Tool box to put the pump in.
Then maybe I'll go fishing or test those loads...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff....I know nothing about a plasma cutter......so educate me.....so you can cut steel like a blow torch? I'm always using one of those 12" cut off wheels on a one horse motor and when it catches, it about spins me around too. That sounds interesting, to modernize....Geeze....it's only been a short while since I put the hacksaw away.

Ranger Gunny.......well, your doing something meaningful...with the fish......

I was thinking of hitting the gun club this week but I'm not sure what this "stay at home thing" means. Like, if I'm blasting away with the BAR and people hear it, can they call the cops on me and make a big deal out of it? We have a lock and gate so that means I'll be enjoying myself and they will send a helicopter to bust me...then take my chit and laugh....------01..6
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A Pharmacist I know down in Waco has a laser cutter that he uses to engrave wood and metal objects. Rob can put your favorite team logo into the side of a knife. Between industrial strength lasers and plasma cutters, there is not much that you can't cut to the shape you want. A lot of companies use plasma cutters to cut out the shape of the blade from larger flat sheets of bar stock. Faster and more precise than stamping them out if it is for a blade thicker than 1/8th inch thick. It does not bend or warp the steel, or otherwise introduce microscopic fractures that will suddenly grow under the shock of the quench.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

BAR man- call the local PD and ask them if you are allowed to go shooting at the club? Call whoever's in charge of the club ?

Went to lowes , not a lot of people in the store, those I saw were wearing a mask, most bandanas- me included.
Kinda windy here, no shooting today. May go fishing, or yard work ...hmmmmm what to do?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Thanks Piller.....that's next on my next "play buy"......which is nothing more than a reason to pizz away a few hundred dollars...like some guys pizz away thousands on new vehicles, etc..........dang...sold the '95 Winchester to Jays son and I already have half the money spent.

Sure Gunny...common sense...make a few phone calls.......how? We don't have phones here....just a couple of cans with string attached.....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well heck no phones- shoot that's easy... just stand in the front yard and do a couple mag dumps, the PD will show up I'm sure!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, ;-) starting the 454 project. Tomorrow the first completed production, 45 Colt level.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GM, yeah, don't you know it! I have a car project that will get plenty of use from it. Probably when I tub the rear fender wells! Plus installing the 4-link rear suspension. and boxing and notching the frame on my ½-ton p/u. But, that's a year or more off.

Six, it's basically an arc welder that adds air pressure to blast away the slag leaving a cut channel. This one is only rated @ 40 amps, and up to ¼" steel. The way it cut thru the ¼" angle that makes up the tongue on this trailer, makes me think it was under-rated! I do that it tripped my house breaker when the air compressor (both plugged into 110V outlet in the garage) when the air compressor started up to keep up with the air demands. After I fired up the Honda generator and plugged it into the 230V side it was awesome! BTW, it was on sale at Jegs for about $45 off their normal price of $279. Delivery took under 4 days, starting on Sat. nite when I placed the order.

Welding the angle iron to make up the side brackets:

The finished brackets, painted to match the rust on the rest of the trailer... (it was originally brown, so very slight difference in appearance)! :D :D Maybe I should media blast and paint the rest when I strip off the wood floor? Oh, wait... that'd entail buying or renting a media blaster!

The section I removed from the top of the frame rails was about 1-¾" x 22", the brackets are make of 2 x 3 x ¼" angle and measure about 3' per side, so I put much more metal into the frame that I took out. I believe it will be as strong, or a little stronger than originally. Fingers crossed! The heaviest thing I haul is the JD tractor, and @ 6800 lbs, a little under the rating of 7500 lbs.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ok Griff...........I'm EXTREMELY unknowledgable on welding and cutting steel.......I need a 101 for dummies......I've been using cut off wheels and hacksaws and putting the parts together by drilling and tapping for bolts and nuts for close to 50 years.

I've now have time and some money to play....thinking of going to Home Depot and spending some money. I take it that a plasma cutter "cuts" the steel and that's all. I have a compressor for the air part of it. ...plus 220 in the garage and the barn and the generator. I'm gonna buy a middle of the road one for like 3-4 bills......then I need a electric welder of some sort....do I get a MIG or a TIG? .....Remember, this is for dummies amd the work I'm doing is basic stuff...nothing intricate ........fixing stuff......shooting gongs.....you get it.......

You look like you know what your doing.

I'm a quick learner but want to start simple.....like the way I started reloading...single stage press for 38 Spl.

How bout you Gunny? Or Jay...or Tommy Gun?...ALL you guys know how to do this stuff.....the only thing I know is old guns.---6
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I learned to weld on a oxy/acetylene outfit... then when I bought this place, I got a then 30 year old stick welder (arc-welding). My son recently bought a MIG machine (Hobart), a small outfit that welds about the same range of steels my cutter can cut. The first project we tackled were the brackets for my fiberglass fenders n the Rose. The MIG welder is wire-fed, without any shielding gas. It's probably simpler than even arc welding. you can use several diameters of wire, determined mainly by the thickness of what you're welding. If you're welding two different thicknesses, use the thinner material to determine the wire thickness. You can also vary the amperage to reduce the risk of burning thru. I really don't know that much about the technical side, I rely on my son for that info. Once you determine the technical stuff for any particular job, then it's a matter of laying down beads of weld until you get the technique down pat. My welds still look like stuff, as I just don't do it enough. But, a good grinding wheel is a poor welder's best friend! I have a computer stand in the Rose that I had to modify to fit in that application. It's a flat plate that bolts under the passenger seat, a tube riser and then a plate with bracket for the computer that rests over the seat. It came with the riser on the left side behind the seat. I didn't have room there, and needed to move the portion that the riser is mounted to the the left front corner, next to the gear shifter. I cut the bottom plate with cutoff wheel, and then welded that part to the front of the bottom plate. It's been in the truck for 18 years now. With no signs of fatigue.

It ain't rocket science, the difficulty is mastering the laying down of strong beads with good penetration in the two pieces you want welded together.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Unless you can find a local to mentor you, I'd look into taking a "metal shop" class at the local college. My son had one shop class in high school and nothing since. The one "fiddlely" thing with Mig is the wire feed mechanism. You have to be careful to not stop the wire from feeding smoothly. It binds rather easily. I typically use a .030 wire, and it will weld 90% of what I need it for.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK Griff......that was an excellent 101 welding for dummies! I heard that about MIG wleders and the different gauges of wire for different jobs.....I have no ambition for doing things like welding up lobes on a camshaft or putting together two halves of a dewat to make it "right" again........just want to fix stuff without having to drill holes and bolt it together....occasional muffler brackets, you,know, stuff your doing with the farm trailer.....thanks bud.......

Now, to wait for that fat check from Jays son......and oooooffffffffff on the yellow brick road that leads to Home Depot.

I have a rule around here...the money that comes in gets spent and the money that's put away stays put away......I don't handle financial stress too well.-----6....o...soon to be plasma cutter and master welder.

OK...just got the last message....030 for most work...thanks!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I usually don't ask anybody for anything.....around here if someone gives you a nickel they want a dollar in return...you know the old saying...."give with one hand and take more with the other".
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Griff is correct, MIG is the way to go. Easiest to learn/use by a long shot. Or a stick welder. TIG is much more difficult to master. I was darn good with stick and MIG but struggled with TIG. TIG is very precise welding. Gas welding is a lot of fun but again a different learning curve. Griff is right again about taking a class!

Well I went fishing yesterday afternoon, wind was honkin right down the river all day, made it tough with the fly rod. Caught 1 brown trout, lost another and that was it.

What to do today? Maybe I'll go shoot the H&H

WORST Easter ever- no black jelly beans to be found !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six! You let me know if my kid don't pay up! :D
I'll kick his..........ah, who am I kidding. He could beat the snot outta me. :D

Hey Gunny!
Kristy said she has an extra bag in reserve she can send to a "fellow beaner".
Man, if I didn't know better, I'd think you two got a thing goin. She don't come across with black jellybeans for anybody. :D

Happy Easter everyone!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Uh-oh you found US out!! :lol: I absolutely love black licorice! I was never happier than when the jelly bean makers started packaging black beans !

So not only do I not have a 375 pilot ( which I ordered, haven't seen it yet!) But I just realized I dont have a jag either!
Guess I'll put the new glass on the 450 Bushmaster and get that sighted in as well- gonna be a recoil day !! ( if I go shoot)
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. Truth is, I like black licorice and jelly beans too. Really the only ones.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The jelly belly beans are great but some of those flavors are gutwretching disgusting!! Seriously they made a vomit flavor!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 am The jelly belly beans are great but some of those flavors are gutwretching disgusting!! Seriously they made a vomit flavor!!!
Yeah, I agree. Nasty.

Well, it was a special day Friday. Bought a new chainsaw.
That heavy snow made a mess Thursday night.
Limbs and trees down everywhere. One beside the road across from me went down and the rootball pulled up the pavement in the road.
The old Stihl 028WB wouldn't start. Got to order some fuel system parts.
Made a change and bought an new Husky 545 Pro. Man! The little cutting I did today, I was really impressed. I'm gonna like this rig. I'm sure I have a mess up to the lot. Soon as the snow melts, I will give the new saw a workout.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm a husky guy, I know it's like ford/chevy owners argument! I have used both Stihl and Husqvarna and to me the husky saws are so much better, they run at higher RPMs, lighter weight too. I have a 550XP and it runs like nothing else, 13,000 rpm.ALWAYS spring for a PRO saw!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:35 amI'm a husky guy, I know it's like ford/chevy owners argument! I have used both Stihl and Husqvarna and to me the husky saws are so much better, they run at higher RPMs, lighter weight too. I have a 550XP and it runs like nothing else, 13,000 rpm.ALWAYS spring for a PRO saw!!!
All I know is that Husqvarna is made right alongside the "house" brand for Sears, and several other "budget brand" or "home" saws. And after having 1 McCollough and 2 Craftsmen, I'll never buy anything but the "pro" models again.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!