My leverguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Comerade
Levergunner

My leverguns

Post by Comerade »

Occasionally I go to our little local range with a variety of my rifles. I see others there often struggling with their bolt action rifles, usually heavily recoiling , with fancy optics and stuck in a lead sled. ..I don't see many smiles until I uncork a few of mine,off of sandbags. I have fun..they have fun watching me. My rifles shoot well..as well as theirs ordinarily. The BLR takedown and the Marlin do their job well. The .270 and the 45/70 cover all game here from Grizzly to Bighorns and both of these rounds are better today than ever...just my little,old opinion....Tony
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: My leverguns

Post by AJMD429 »

Leverguns are more fun than bolt action ones or semiautos, in many ways. I like them all, though.

For newbie shooters I always start them out with my integrally-suppressed Ruger 96/22 - it not only has the innocent appeal of a levergun, but zero recoil, zero noise, and the little red-dot scope I have on it makes it almost impossible for them to miss. Once they got the 50 yard gong with that a few dozen times, they are hooked...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

When I see someone at the range with a Lever action I know that they are real gun enthusiasts ......... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

That's because most shooters seem to be obsessed with 1-hole groups no matter what game animals their after or how far they are shooting. Todd3/leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Glad to have you here in levergun country, we like pictures of leverguns also.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15