Quick Range Report, sorta

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Quick Range Report, sorta

Post by M. M. Wright »

Used the time today to fire the pair of 44-40s and the Nickel 45 I acquired recently. Shot the 44s gunfighter for the 1st 10 rounds. Very satisfying. The nickel 45 was a hoot too as the loads were a case full of ffg Goex. Groups were not good but a lot of fun except the 44 in my left hand beat the knuckle of the middle finger up pretty bad. No blood but a full match would have. I remember I used to tape that knuckle.

Of course most of the rest of the day was spent cleaning 3 guns of their black powder fouling. Hot water, Dawn and compressed air then Ballistol.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Re: Quick Range Report, sorta

Post by hondo1892 »

Nice shooting and nice revolvers there. I never use hot water or soap anymore to clean bp. The soap is too corrosive(the stuff will rust stainless sinks) and lukewarm tap water is just as effective as hot. If I want something more than just water I use windshield cleaner.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice.
Man, all these old Colts on here lately are making my mouth water. :mrgreen:
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well, now you know for sure those babies work and most likely will continue to work. Hardy guns those Colts are.

Yea, I know....if they could only talk. ------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD