Worst 6&1/2 hours!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Worst 6&1/2 hours!

Post by GunnyMack »

Started plowing about 1 pm, finished about 7:30! Now we were supposed to get ALL snow. The weatherman screwed to pooch again as we got about 4" of snow, at least 3" of ice pellets and then couple more inches of snow. I have no problems plowing up to 2' of snow with my quad but this was murder! No traction, it didn't go where I wanted it to go, didn't flow like snow. What a bear!
My driveway, 480' long and 7 of the neighbors in 6 & 1/2 hours should have taken half that including BS-ing breaks.
Hey Sixgun!- next time I'm coming to borrow your Kubota!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Worst 6&1/2 hours!

Post by AJMD429 »

I used a full sized bulldozer once on snow about a foot deep on top of hard ice. It was sweet; I never had to rev the throttle above idle....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I just moved 15+ inches in Maine, and it's still snowing like mad.

30" Ariens, and it's working hard.

We'll see how much worse things are when we get
up tomorrow.

-Stretch
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

What's snow? I worked on a retaining wall all day. It was a miserable 96°• About 2pm I was wishing for snow...or at least about 30° cooler. And this is spring? :? Just kidding you guys. I love visiting or hunting in snow but just a couple weeks at a time. Got my fill in the Army .
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hard to believe it was in the 70's up north, and 80's down south, less than a week ago!

SC (northern part where I live) got a dusting of snow on Sunday. Sun came out about noon, and it was all gone by 3:00pm!

Sorry for you fellas up north. Cruel tease by Mother Nature on the weather this year!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny,
It's been a looooooonnnnnngggggg day. Did my driveway at 130 yds long then drove 2 miles to get the driveway of a very good friends mom and dad...... on the way back I hit four of my neighbors who don't have the equipment to do such things......yea, one neighbor ...husband and wife...are both school teachers and self described libs....but are cool and respectful...never complain about my occasional shooting....the other neighbor is a cop....you ALWAYS help cops.....another "customer" is the father of the guy who owns Targetmaster...my pal........and you do not disrespect the parents of pals.

All in all, I spent close to $20 in diesel. ...(big deal...nothing)....had a blast in the snow, and helped other people who deserved the help. One guy came out and threw me TWO Coors's light. It was an exciting day and one thing for sure......the snow was the heaviest I have ever seen.....maybe 8-10" but was all weight.

One gal that I have never met.......was out there with a 10 cent shovel....city gal who is not used to country life ......was looking at me as I was driving down the road......with the flashers on.......well,.
I stopped and helped this young gal out and did her driveway.......recent new neighbors from the city.......yea,...this was the gal who is married to the cop.......boy! I tell ya.. the Good Lord gave me the best decision making making ....by luck......you can have......I told her."we are country people out here and we shoot from time to time....do not be alarmed". She replied, "great, my husband is a cop and he also shoots!" Great day........few and far between.----6

Yea...it don't look like much by the picture, but it was 8-10" of heavy slush/ice/snow

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We had some rain, and a little cool weather. Nothing much.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

94 degrees here this afternoon, Mexican fellow came by to sweep my patio, driveway and sidewalks. :D
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Here we had a gentle breeze, maybe 65 degrees, cloudy bright. Perfect shooting day! Man, even these old eyes could see the sights on a day like this. And I almost wasted the great light -- I had 3 scoped rifles and only one with iron. But I really could shoot that tang with ivory bead today: tin cans took punishment and I discovered I actually can hit the "Lever Challenge" target when I can see both it and my sights at the same time.

I wondered how the rest of the world was doing as I sat and had a beer after shooting... Sounds like it was good not to be in the Northeast today.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

My idea of a nice snow is 2-4 inches during deer season , otherwise I hate the d...a...m...n stuff :roll:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Right on the northern edge up here where I am in southern Ontario, only got about 4 inches of it, light and fluffy as it was so cold. The wind direction was perfect and kept my driveway clear (well almost) :D
We had a bit of snow on Saturday and the plow took out my mailbox, town came and put a new one in just before the storm hit Monday, it has survived so far!!
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Sixgun did you get my email? I used the one on your business card...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hard to say here with the wind. Maybe 15-18", I'd say.
Only hit one bad white out spot going to work last night. Got there my usual time, got home my usual time.
I'm sure people think I'm nuts, but after 30 years of driving 50 miles one way, I've about seen it all for bad roads.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

GunnyMack wrote:Hey Sixgun did you get my email? I used the one on your business card...
He's got a business card!! Oh my.................I hope he mailed me one with my powder measure :lol: :lol:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

A bit below average, here in Southern New England - I used my Toro snow blower twice on my property (about 1/2 hour each pass), once just before the snow turned to sleet, then again after rain beat everything down for a few hours.

I'm just glad that 2nd pass cleaned things up, before it turned to ice this AM.

I did, in the interim, clear out for a couple of other elderly/handicapped neighbors. (I wuz once a Buy Scout ;) )

Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Not much of a big deal here , a couple feet or so between Tuesday and Wednesday. All just snow. Only bad part was our idiot goobener :roll: made us send a bunch of cny plow trucks and drivers down east for albany and newyorkistan chity. Left us short for plows and drivers back here.
Phil
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I pushed that stuff all the way from WA to ND, then dipped south to keep it up north... And here I sit a hundred miles or so from the coast in SC and it's 34ºF! Gotta turn around in Charleston tomorrow, and it's back to Spokane. I'll have almost 8 days to get back up there... weather and trip planning starting now!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

Central WA is past the snowy season. Too bad we had a great year for snow this winter. They closed the highway on me before I left work a couple times but good tires and 4wd (and a little knowledge) meant I could get home (or at least close). Last big storm I had to walk the last 100 or so yards. Drifts got to big for me to drive through. Doesn't happen often here but when bad winters hit us we need a big machine to move snow. When I was a kid our D4 Cat wasn't big enough to bust up the drifts (greatest thing in the world to a 2nd grade me was to be snowed in for two months).