Gun shop owner fights back!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Gun shop owner fights back!

Post by marlinman93 »

Looks like the good guy with a 1911 won this one:

https://gfycat.com/SillyEnormousIntermediateegret
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: Gun shop owner fights back!

Post by claybob86 »

They sure picked the wrong guy to mess with! :twisted:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Proving that two guns works in the movies but not so much in real life. I wonder if he hit the other one with his double tap.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Four seconds from Threat to DRT.

Pardon me while I dial 911...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

That right there demonstrates what happens when one lacks commitment.

The scumbag walked in with a gun drawn and then watched stupidly as the shop owner killed him.

The shop owner was what you might call "all in".

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

Also another example of Action beating Reaction. Gun shop owner was mentally prepared and stopped the threat with deadly force as was required. The body can not go where the mind has not already been.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I watched this video several times at 0200 this morning and am amazed at the whole scenario. I'm pleased at the out come but realized I'm getting jaded and desensitized about people getting killed.

First, the bad guy went down just like they do in Hollywood, slammed backwards and down, DRT. Love those .45s.

Second, Mr. gun shop owner must have been using cast bullets with Unique cos those were the dirtiest loads I've seen in a very long time. Lots of smoke and particulates with couple good muzzle flashes too.

Also I wish the video had more angles and was longer, I had a mental image of missing things I should have seen.

Any idea where this happened? I'd like to read the story.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Like Joe, this reminds me why I pack a 1911 .45. Anchored that loser like he was struck by lightning.
Also demonstrated the effectiveness of
"Combat Mindset".
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Here's the link
http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/wat ... at-robbers

Dang Marlinman......what a great way to start the day! :D

The gunshop owner was obviously well versed in shooting. He who hesitates, loses. In this case the black guy lost. Most thugs, black or white, are always on the offense and are not used to people fighting back and was probably mentally astounded when the good guy pointed a gun at him and gave him the "last flash".

Plus, thugs are further mentally incapacitated by their drug and alcohol use which for sure they were high on. -----6

Looked at it a few more times....the thug who lost was coming in with the "intimidation factor" by using two guns and was confused on which gun to use giving the good guy the advantage. Geeze, probably has been confused since the second grade.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Good for him, I hope he doesn't get crippled wit legal bills the rest of his life. Just because I look like a Norse god doesn't mean I get to carry the hammer of Thor, so instead I choose to carry a .45.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Was told it happened in a shop in Atlanta, Georgia called "Dixie Gun Shop". I've watched it over and over, and besides being well trained, the owner took advantage of the thug going for the belly gun to react with his own gun. Not only did he react accurately, but he did a reload in the middle of all the shooting! I was told the 2nd assailant got away unharmed. No word if he's been apprehended yet. I doubt the gun shop owner needs to worry about a law suit with the video as evidence of how things really went down.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/gun-s ... /378870880
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I watched the video on slo-mo and missed the reload ... I'm getting blind.

I also found the video on You-tube. I feel sorry for the store owner. One dead and one maybe injured. The second dirt bag stumbled under the fusillade of bullets on the way out of the store. I'll bet he caught one too.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

That turned out well....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

RIHMFIRE wrote:That turned out well....
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

J Miller wrote:I watched the video on slo-mo and missed the reload ... I'm getting blind.

I also found the video on You-tube. I feel sorry for the store owner. One dead and one maybe injured. The second dirt bag stumbled under the fusillade of bullets on the way out of the store. I'll bet he caught one too.

Joe
No Joe, you didn't miss it because it happened below camera view. What tells me he reloaded was the number of shots fired, and the lowering of his 1911, and then subsequent return to firing. No doubt he did a reload, even if it's not visible on video. You can watch the shot cadence and number, and then figure out he reloaded a magazine.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

If you look at the raw video, the gun doesn't disappear from view, I don't think he reloaded... fired 6 shots from basically the same position, then stepped to his left, lowering the pistol, and then brought it back up, reassessing any threat.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

J Miller wrote:Second, Mr. gun shop owner must have been using cast bullets with Unique cos those were the dirtiest loads I've seen in a very long time. Lots of smoke and particulates with couple good muzzle flashes too.
Reminds me of the white box Winchester ammo that turns my hands green after a box of 50. Truncated cone with the cheapest powder they could find.

That guy that reached for a second gun and was killed for his efforts must have watched too many movies. He never got the first gun into action, why take the time to glance down and pull the second. He really must have thought this shop was going to be a pushover.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
J Miller wrote:Second, Mr. gun shop owner must have been using cast bullets with Unique cos those were the dirtiest loads I've seen in a very long time. Lots of smoke and particulates with couple good muzzle flashes too.
Reminds me of the white box Winchester ammo that turns my hands green after a box of 50. Truncated cone with the cheapest powder they could find.

That guy that reached for a second gun and was killed for his efforts must have watched too many movies. He never got the first gun into action, why take the time to glance down and pull the second. He really must have thought this shop was going to be a pushover.
Shop owner states, "they fired first." Musta been the guy off-screen
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
1894c

OODA LOOP

Post by 1894c »

OODA LOOP...something to consider... :)
OODA.Loop.Boyd.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Griff wrote:
Rimfire McNutjob wrote:

Shop owner states, "they fired first." Musta been the guy off-screen
The first shot fired blew out the glass in the display case. After that the shop owners .45 did all the talking. I never could see which gun shot the glass though.

Joe
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

J Miller wrote:The first shot fired blew out the glass in the display case. After that the shop owners .45 did all the talking. I never could see which gun shot the glass though.

Joe
I had to watch that a lot to see the timing ... I think the shop owner got his first shot off maybe a few hundredths before the bad guy fired and hit the display case on his way backward. It's so close it's hard to see.

Hard to believe the second guy made it out of there alive.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

The way he fell back and never even twitched I'm thinking .38 Super.

Scott
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I am thinking .45ACP center of mass hit spinal column.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

JerryB wrote:I am thinking .45ACP center of mass hit spinal column.
Agreed! Spinal or head shot. It definitely shut things down instantly.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

marlinman93 wrote:
JerryB wrote:I am thinking .45ACP center of mass hit spinal column.
Agreed! Spinal or head shot. It definitely shut things down instantly.
Yep, he drilled him for sure
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

walks with gun wrote:...Just because I look like a Norse god...
You, too?!

In another vein:
Check the vid by stopping it just before the glass breaks:
1) You will see the brass eject from the store owner's gun, so he got off a shot before the glass shattered. Glass intact.

2) Glass then blows in toward store owner - glass direction, timing and orientation of shooter's gun shows that this was his shot, probably reflexive. Cannot see if he fired before this. Good to remember to shoot and move, although there was no time, here.

3) After he fell with arms spread, the bad guy's right hand goes to center of chest, possibly instinctively. That is most likely where he caught the little football - in his breadbasket.

Yay for the good guys.