New truck radio in my F150

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

New truck radio in my F150

Post by Bullard4075 »

I installed a new Radio/CDplayer/USB player/Clock/Nightlite/Coffee maker in my truck yesterday. After installation I perused the box for forgotten screws,bolts and instructions. What I did find was a remote control. A remote control .........for a car radio. Who in God's name needs a remote control for a car radio?? Further perusing revealed that I had accidentally bought the "Democrat" model that allows me (while staying in my "safe" place) to control the device lest I inadvertently stray to a conservative news station. The tuning knob will only rotate to the "left" also on this model. Great.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: New truck radio in my F150

Post by Blaine »

:lol: You had me going for a second...I've seen the remotes. Most of the radio controls are on my steering wheel now....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I bought a used truck from a young guy who was somewhat of a geek. It had a fancy radio, CD player, big speakers, etc installed and actually DID have a remote. I asked him why, he said it's so if you are having a campfire party you can use the vehicle radio for your music and control it from wherever. :roll:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Campfire tunes until everyone passes out drunk, wake up to a dead battery and get lost trying to walk out causing Search & Rescue to spend thousands looking for morons.

Sorry I just had a cynical moment...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The radio in my truck is an Alpine unit. Has two remotes... one up in the cab cause with my "low-ride" seat I can't reach the radio, the 2nd is in the sleeper, in case I forget to turn it off! Handy gadgets!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

Got a radio in my F-150 and rarely play it........got tinnitus so bad if I turn it up high enough to hear it over the road noise, my ears ring for a whole day worse than they do already!! :D :D And if I want to play it when its setting with the door open the dang door dinger drowns it out. :evil: :evil: Makes me so mad!

Irv
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Daisyman wrote:Got a radio in my F-150 and rarely play it........got tinnitus so bad if I turn it up high enough to hear it over the road noise, my ears ring for a whole day worse than they do already!! :D :D And if I want to play it when its setting with the door open the dang door dinger drowns it out. :evil: :evil: Makes me so mad!

Irv
Dinging, seat belts, seems like everything goes through the radio anymore. My old F150 just dinged and shut-up now it never stops. I go to lunch with a friend once a week and he's too, um large, for the seatbelt so I was thinking of just pulling the dinger ;) and someone told me the bad news don't bother trying.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Who needs a remote control? People who want to change channels or volume without taking their eyes off the road, or reaching for the dash. I have remote control radios in both of my hotrods, as the radios are concealed to avoid having a modern radio in an old dashboard. For my use it's a wonderful accessory, as the radio is under the seat in one car, and mounted in the trunk on the other. But even if it was in dash, it's a lot easier to pick up the fob and change channels or volume, than try driving while looking at the player to select channels or volume.
Once you get used to using the remote fob, you'll appreciate it a lot more.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/