What happened to...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

What happened to...

Post by jkbrea »

86er? I really enjoyed his hunting posts and expertise advice. If I'm prying I apologize and disregard. Wish him the best.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: What happened to...

Post by piller »

He was accused of misappropriation of items from his employer. His employer prosecuted. 86er's money ran out. That is all I know. He was also dealing with family issues which he had asked for our prayers here on leverguns.
Others may know more. He may be wanting some privacy. Just guessing.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

86er was a darn good man. Some newer people might not remember his offer to cover the expenses of someone that didn't have a place for Thanksgiving, or was it Christmas, dinner. He was active in helping kids in the outdoor sports. I'm not sure anyone would realize that swapping out one caliber of ammo available from work for a caliber they could use would have been the wrong thing to do. It evidently was, and disaster for him and his family ensued. More prayers are in order. I'd have his back anytime I was able. I wish he'd come back home to Leverguns. His stories, and experience would be a welcome addition.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BlaineG wrote:86er was a darn good man. Some newer people might not remember his offer to cover the expenses of someone that didn't have a place for Thanksgiving, or was it Christmas, dinner. He was active in helping kids in the outdoor sports. I'm not sure anyone would realize that swapping out one caliber of ammo available from work for a caliber they could use would have been the wrong thing to do. It evidently was, and disaster for him and his family ensued. More prayers are in order. I'd have his back anytime I was able. I wish he'd come back home to Leverguns. His stories, and experience would be a welcome addition.
Welcome to the world of Political Assassination... Obama DOJ Style...

(Time to Petition Cruz when he becomes AG?)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Old Ironsights said "Welcome to the world of Political Assassination... Obama DOJ Style..."
The opinion of all of us that know all of the story.
He also said "(Time to Petition Cruz when he becomes AG?)" - a great idea worth following up.

86er is alive and well living on the Texas coast. We hunted together last fall and each took an elk cow and his son took a fallow doe with a crossbow. We are planning another meat hunt (antlers are awful hard to chew and even harder to digest) soon for elk and hogs.

He and his boys spent the weekend here at the farm recently and we had birthday cake and ice cream for them as their birthdays are very close.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Good to hear he and his boys are still out hunting. Didn't intend to bring up anything negative. I was just wondering because like Blaine said, he would always make the offer to house anyone needing it during the holidays and the upcoming months reminded me of that selfless offer.. Plus he had great hunting stories. I wish him well.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jkbrea wrote:Good to hear he and his boys are still out hunting. Didn't intend to bring up anything negative. I was just wondering because like Blaine said, he would always make the offer to house anyone needing it during the holidays and the upcoming months reminded me of that selfless offer.. Plus he had great hunting stories. I wish him well.
For me, a Bucket List Hunt would be hogs with them fellas....I still got a freezer in the shed that needs filling. :idea: :idea:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Having the pleasure of Joe's company in person several times, I can attest that he IS one of the finest gentleman I've ever known.

And he was screwed over for sure. Unfortunately, that ended up hurting a few overs here as well. :(
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I agree that Joe is a good guy. I wish him well. Hopefully, he will be back in here again.
I liked the hunts in Hondo at Richard Muennick's place that Joe organized. Those were fun.
D. Brian Casady
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Wow. I had no idea any of this had happened. I've been off in the wilderness for a few years pursuing my passion for guitars and haven't been around the forum here much.

I went on the first Hondo hunt years back when we had the fundraiser/auction for the forum, etc. I hope he recovers.

How about his running buddy RKrodle? Is he doing OK? Both helluva guys.

Scott
Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bulldog »

Ysabel Kid wrote:. Unfortunately, that ended up hurting a few over here as well. :(
Some attempt to make right with those that were wronged because of his choices would go a long way. Just sayin.....
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

RSY wrote:Wow. I had no idea any of this had happened. I've been off in the wilderness for a few years pursuing my passion for guitars and haven't been around the forum here much.

I went on the first Hondo hunt years back when we had the fundraiser/auction for the forum, etc. I hope he recovers.

Scott
Ricky's wife passed away not too long ago. I talk to him on Facebook occasionally. He seems to be getting along OK Due to a lot of family being there for him.
D. Brian Casady
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote:
RSY wrote:Wow. I had no idea any of this had happened. I've been off in the wilderness for a few years pursuing my passion for guitars and haven't been around the forum here much.
Scott
Ricky's wife passed away not too long ago. I talk to him on Facebook occasionally. He seems to be getting along OK Due to a lot of family being there for him.
I've stopped in and visited with Ricky a coupla times... seems to be doin' good, between takin' care of grandbabies & work, he's stayin' busy.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

RSY et al.
RSY said "I went on the first Hondo hunt years back when we had the fundraiser/auction for the forum, etc. I hope he recovers. How about his running buddy RKrodle? Is he doing OK? Both helluva guys."

I spoke with Joe yesterday (about guns and hunting naturally) and mentioned the above RSY quote; Joe commented that we should have another Hondo Leverguns exotic hunt next year. I agreed. 8)
We will hear more as this evolves, but such a hunt would likely be in the summer as before. Exotics + hogs can be a hoot!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

crs, hello to Joe and best wishes for him.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

OS - will do tomorrow when we discuss a January woodcock hunt in Looziana.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote:crs, hello to Joe and best wishes for him.
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

I was only thinking about you boys in Texas this morning on my drive to work. Joe is a good man & looked after us aussies on our hunt in Hondo a few years back. I was lucky enough to have dinner with Charles & Joe last december. I to wish that Joe would return to leverguns, he had some interesting posts. Say G'day to him for me please Charles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Joe is a good man. I am proud to call him a friend. He has had a rough time of it. Ricky I see on Facebook. Count me in on a hunt in Hondo. I have been in contact with Richard there and I'm planning an exotic shoot with hogs in the summer.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

rjohns94 wrote:Joe is a good man. I am proud to call him a friend. He has had a rough time of it. Ricky I see on Facebook. Count me in on a hunt in Hondo. I have been in contact with Richard there and I'm planning an exotic shoot with hogs in the summer.
Do you still have that HK MP5 .22? That sure was a fun platform to shoot. I appreciate you letting me shoot up a bunch of your ammo that day. :mrgreen:

Scott
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Ysabel kid owns it now. Was a sweet set up
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Many years ago I logged on went to the classifieds,some books for sale. one was Keiths "rifles for large game" and Joe beat me to it by a few minutes. sometime later I sent Him a P.M. asking if He wanted to sell it down the road please keep Me in mind. maybe three week later He contacted Me. He read it and it was Mine. I always enjoyed his posts. A fine Man.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I'm in for the Hondo hunt.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I'd sure like to put a Hondo hunt in my schedule before one of my co-workers beats me to the calendar.

:wink:
:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Boy, if everyone here showed up for a Hondo hunt it would be a serious Leverguns.com old dogs' brigade. :D

Scott
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

RSY wrote:Boy, if everyone here showed up for a Hondo hunt it would be a serious Leverguns.com old dogs' brigade. :D

Scott
I got a truck to pay off, and a little RV to get before I can do that....That hog hunt is a Bucket List thing for me. :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If I can get the time off, I would enjoy another hunt and get together in Hondo.
D. Brian Casady
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

piller wrote:If I can get the time off, I would enjoy another hunt and get together in Hondo.
It would be good spending time with you again.
Kind regards,
Tycer
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

A mere 1,750 miles away. Says 26 hours but we might be able beat that a might. At 20 mpg mmmmh doable.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Fordwannabe: we could ride together and share the expense and driving. When Alnitak and I went, we stopped in Tenn first night and was in Hondo the next. Just offering
Mike Johnson,

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Have to see the particulars of the hunt but that sounds good, Mike.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

crs wrote:Old Ironsights said "Welcome to the world of Political Assassination... Obama DOJ Style..."
The opinion of all of us that know all of the story.
He also said "(Time to Petition Cruz when he becomes AG?)" - a great idea worth following up.

86er is alive and well living on the Texas coast. We hunted together last fall and each took an elk cow and his son took a fallow doe with a crossbow. We are planning another meat hunt (antlers are awful hard to chew and even harder to digest) soon for elk and hogs.

He and his boys spent the weekend here at the farm recently and we had birthday cake and ice cream for them as their birthdays are very close.
Glad to hear that things are better. Never knew what happened, just spread out the prayers. -Brian
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

At the risk of getting banned, I'll admit to getting a new G20 10mm that needs to get "used." Hondo would be a good place to do it. - Brian
Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bulldog »

When all you guys get together with 86er see if you can get my $800 back that his BS cost me.

You would think such a "great guy" would at least offer up an apology. :roll:
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Bulldog wrote:When all you guys get together with 86er see if you can get my $800 back that his BS cost me.

Perhaps one of y'all that stay in contact with Joe could remind him that Bulldog got the short end of the stick and give Joe the opportunity to close this last part of that ordeal.
Kind regards,
Tycer
Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bulldog »

Tycer wrote:
Bulldog wrote:When all you guys get together with 86er see if you can get my $800 back that his BS cost me.

Perhaps one of y'all that stay in contact with Joe could remind him that Bulldog got the short end of the stick and give Joe the opportunity to close this last part of that ordeal.
Thanks for your efforts, Tycer, but I was being facetious. If in 2+ years he can't come forward on his own to right this with those involved, I don't wish to have anything to do with him.