One year ago today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

One year ago today.

Post by 2ndovc »

My wife dragged my grouchy behind to the hospital after what I thought was just a nasty chest cold got worse. Turned out it was pneumonia and bad. Then things got even worse, the pneumonia turned into acute respiratory distress syndrome. Next thing I knew I was waking up from a three week induced coma in the ICU of the Cleveland Clinic. I had no idea what had happened, where I was and what was with the eight different tubes coming and going from my body. After three more months of recovery and physical therapy I was finally able to walk again and go home.
Things have gotten better day by day but still have a few issues that should keep getting smaller as I go along. I feel very fortunate to still be among the living and have my family and friends to thank for being so loving, supportive and helpful this last year. The doctors had gotten everyone together twice and said they didn't think I'd make it through the night. I'm happy to say that they seriously underestimated me.
I want to thank you guys too for keeping me smiling and thinking about some of the good things out there that helped me get through those first few months where I wasn't sure if I'd ever recover fully and not be limited by what I can't do or couldn't do at the time.

I'm looking forward to a long and addictive run of collecting, hunting and shooting the things that go bang!

Jason 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: One year ago today.

Post by AJMD429 »

Like they say - that which tries to kill you and fails, only serves to make you stronger... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I think you have made a great recovery all ready with all of the heat you been buying lately. Yea. Keep it up baby because one day, the dirt WILL be thrown in your face and all of us here...and the shootin' will be over.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

Great news! You could not have been in better hands; the Cleveland Clinic has saved my bacon and my wife's.

Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Outstanding.....take care of yourself. Personal experience sez lungs are never the same after a rough bout with that kind of misery. :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Kinda glad you toughed it out, Jason.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good job your lovely wife did drag you to hospital, we can't afford to lose guys like you :D
Congratulations and well done Jason.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

All the stuff We heard as Kids, "getting old isn't for the weak" etc. suddenly applies to All of Us. One day at a time Baby.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Guys! It was certainly one big karmic kick in the butt!

Blaine,
I was extremely lucky, my lungs are in great shape with no damage at all. I was told by several doctors that if I had ever smoked at all I wouldn't be here. I read a lot about the ARDS after I got out. I'm one of the lucky ones. There are people surviving this thing but many will be attached to an oxygen machine for the rest of their lives. Really scary stuff. I was a big swimmer when I was younger and I think that had a lot to do with the lack of damage to my lungs. The Doc's thought that this certainly was a possibility ( thanks mom and dad for buying a house on the water!).

Anyway,
If you're not feeling well, get to the doctor! I always thought I could just tough things out and be just fine. That attitude almost killed me.

Take care of yourselves!!!!

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Glad you're doing better.

Jeff Quinn had a serious bout with that p-monia bug a while back too. Same as you was in a coma for a while.

Take care.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.