Need Help With ID & Value of This Redfield Receiver Sight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Alan in Vermont
Levergunner 1.0

Need Help With ID & Value of This Redfield Receiver Sight

Post by Alan in Vermont »

Going through some drawers in a parts cabinet and came across this sight.
redfield-2.jpg
Redfield-1.jpg
redfeild-3.jpg
redfield-4.jpg

Everything is there and moves as it should. I think it's a #70 and the "W" stamped on the rear of the elevation slide should indicate it is for Winchester bolt gun. I don't have a use for it so I will probably try to peddle it, any ideas on what it might be worth?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Need Help With ID & Value of This Redfield Receiver Sigh

Post by Sixgun »

Alan,
Your sight is coded for Winchester Model 70 and 54, Remington Model 721,722,725,700, savage Model 110 and the Weatherby M5.

It's a quality sight and as for price, I'm not up to date. Guessing about $75. Check out the net and deduct about 20% for a real price.

Sometimes it's best to hold on to good things. It's not worth a lot and it don't eat nothing. Some day you will kick yourself in the hillary if you sell it.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Need Help With ID & Value of This Redfield Receiver Sigh

Post by Catshooter »

Agree with Six on its value ($) and it's value (once it's gone baby, it's gone). Unless you need the dough, keep it.

Cat