Canadian open carry

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
retmech
Levergunner 2.0

Canadian open carry

Post by retmech »

Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Canadian open carry

Post by Griff »

And a good deal in its own right!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sad but true....

When in medical training, during the three-year Family Practice residency (versus only two years for internal medicine :wink: ) that follows four years of med school (that followed six-year pharmacy degree :? ) I had a month I could take as a 'vacation' - Since I'd been working 70-100 weeks for the past decade, I thought about combining it with the one-month rotation we could schedule at a 'public health' site. The Alaskans had a great public health clinic, and would do two 'half-months' back-to-back, which would enable me to take two weeks 'vacation' then do the rotation, then another two weeks 'vacation'...so my wife and I planned to buy a cap for my pickup truck, and do a two-week drive up there through Canada, do the rotation, then another two week drive back. Sleep in the back of the truck and 'camp' there and back.

That would have been an awesome trip, and to this day I regret not being able to do it (yeah, I guess we could have, but we are both stubborn when it comes to principles and/or morality issues). Mostly we planned to relax and enjoy wildlife not seen in the U.S., and enjoy a 'vacation' before finishing residency and getting down to a real 'job' and having kids and all that.

Then I found out that we couldn't take my Ruger Super Blackhawk for personal protection and/or bear protection. At the time, I only owned a Ruger Mk-II 22 LR, a 10/22, a Mini-14, a 1911, a Marlin 1894 in 44 Mag, and the Super Blackhawk. We figured the revolver would be the most sensible choice, since we weren't planning to hunt, or to engage in urban warfare. After finding out how HORRIBLE Canadian 'gun laws' are, even if we chose to take along the 1894, we just figured screw it - the wonderful world of Canada could go on without us.

Since then I have talked to several patients who go there annually to vacation and fish. No less than five of them have told me that they smuggled a handgun into Canada the first time, and they lube it up, and store it along with some vacuum-packed ammo, and BURY it in a remote area where they can retrieve it when they go again each year. Now is that screwed-up, or what...!!!!!!

Canada is a wonderful piece of geography, but the politics and 'gun control' laws SUCK.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

With all of the ongoing "gun control" push here in the USA -
I sincerely hope that we don't have to brag about one-upping them in the near future!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Couldn't see the pic from my phone, but my experience with Canada's gun laws wasn't so bad...

They let me carry a NFA noncompliant short pump shotgun for bear defense while tent camping in the Yukon.

(Not mine, but similar... and totally legal in Kanukland)

So... The trick is not to smuggle a Canadian 'illegal" handgun over the line but to openly transport a pump gun along with the parts to make it into a US "illegal" hogleg... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

ditto on the shotgun

load with HARD-CAST solids, roundballs even, and presto, protection that works and no hassles.

I open-carried a beer in Canada and a Mountie quickly informed that it was, at that time, totally illegal. Couldn't even drink from a paper bag.

That was a while ago, before the highway was paved over. I wonder if the public drinking law is still thataway.