Project gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Project gun

Post by marlinman93 »

Picked up a few more old single shot rifles at the Denver gun show last month. Two needed no work, and are perfect as they are!
A Remington Hepburn Match B rifle in .32-40, with 34" barrel!:

A Ballard #6 1/2 Rigby rifle in .40-63 Ballard Everlasting. Nimschke or Ulrich engraved:

And a Ballard Schoyen schuetzen rifle in .32-40 (the project!):

Unfortunately the Schoyen's barrel has probably been worked over by every owner it ever had! Numerous scope base holes. Plus a couple extra dovetails for whatever? And the final disgrace to a wonderful old Schoyen; a hot blued finish on barrel and frame! Poor gun.
I knew when I bought it I'd have my work cut out, so began to disassemble it, and fix the boogers. Fortunately the internals and bore were excellent! A Schoyen bore is a thing of beauty, and if it had been damaged I'd have never purchased the gun.
Had a friend help me out with filling all the holes. Every screw hole was D&T, but every screw in the holes was the wrong thread! Removed them all, re-tapped the holes, and plugged 6 extra holes! Then made two dovetail fitted blanks, and drove them in tight, with JB Weld on the fitted blanks. Once all the holes were filled, I polished them off flush, and prepped the barrel for draw filing. left the holes for two sets of bases for the 20x Lyman that came with the Schoyen.

Finally polished out the barrel, frame, lever, and breechblock halves.

Next will be fixing one letter on the rollstamp that was cut out when someone added one of the dovetails. Then it's off for color casehardening, and rust bluing the barrel. Hope to have it back together in 4-6 weeks.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Project gun

Post by Griff »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

What is this part...???
Part.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

It appears to be a fuzzy picture of Lyman #55 powder measure. Or it's predecessor, "Ideal" depending on vintage.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

AJMD429 wrote:What is this part...???
Part.jpg
That is a neat old Belding & Mull powder measure. The operating handle is not on it, as it would stick straight up. The handle is in one of the two storage compartments, along with bullets, Ideal "cookie cutter" for cutting bullets out of mold cake, and a few other small bits.
I actually bought and paid for the gun, and then the seller took me out to his car and gave me the case with 20x Lyman target scope, and other accessories! Never mentioned the rest until after I bought it!

PS-The tool sitting by the Lyman scope is an old Frankford WWI era depriming tool! Drop the empty case over the pin, swing it in line, and squeeze the grips, and out pops the spent primer!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Wow. :mrgreen: You have very good -- make that great -- taste in single shots! :mrgreen:

And the $$$ to back it up too -- well done. :wink:

Good luck with the projects.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Wow! :shock:

Those are beauties, and great pictures too! Please be sure to keep us updated on your progress with that Schoyen. You are the perfect caretaker, one who truly appreciates vintage single shot rifles, and I look forward to seeing pictures of the Schoyen after you finish the restoration.

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
CurveBall
Levergunner

Post by CurveBall »

First post here. Very nice rifles but I have to ask what are those painful looking devices on the end of the buttstocks in place of a recoil pad?
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Wow congrats I like all three !

But if I had been you and could only have one I think that Schoyen Schuetzen woulda been the one !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I have nothing to say that could complement them fine guns!! :mrgreen:

Brad
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Very sweet, my idea of a varmint rifle.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

CurveBall wrote:First post here. Very nice rifles but I have to ask what are those painful looking devices on the end of the buttstocks in place of a recoil pad?
Those are referred to as "Swiss buttplates", and were used on all offhand rifles. Schuetzen competition required a shooter to fire his shots offhand with no rest on the bench or other means. So shooters came up with various hooked buttplates that allowed the rifle to be hooked over their upper arm (not against the shoulder) so they could easily support the gun for long periods. The palm rest mounted on the forearm of some schuetzen rifles also helped the shooter hold his position better in offhand shooting.
Here's a picture of a schuetzen shooter.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

6pt-sika wrote:Wow congrats I like all three !

But if I had been you and could only have one I think that Schoyen Schuetzen woulda been the one !
To my surprise the Schoyen was the cheapest of the 3 guns, and less than half the price of the other two! I have another Schoyen in .38-55, and resisted buying this one, as I didn't need another project. But after looking at it for 2 1/2 days, I figured I better take a closer look at it. Still don't know why the seller didn't mention the fitted case, scope, and accessories that went with it? It would have sold very quickly at his low price, even with the rework it needed!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Shasta wrote:Wow! :shock:

Those are beauties, and great pictures too! Please be sure to keep us updated on your progress with that Schoyen. You are the perfect caretaker, one who truly appreciates vintage single shot rifles, and I look forward to seeing pictures of the Schoyen after you finish the restoration.

Shasta
Thanks Shasta! I love these old single shots, especially the schuetzen models. Hate to see something as rare and desirable as a Schoyen Ballard so abused and mistreated. It isn't uncommon for changes to be made over the years, but such disrespect as this gun saw is tough to look at. Can't imagine why someone cut a dovetail through Schoyen's stamp, when moving 1/8" forward would miss it?
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Beautiful. And I admire your restoration abilities.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:Wow congrats I like all three !

To my surprise the Schoyen was the cheapest of the 3 guns, and less than half the price of the other two! I have another Schoyen in .38-55, and resisted buying this one, as I didn't need another project. But after looking at it for 2 1/2 days, I figured I better take a closer look at it. Still don't know why the seller didn't mention the fitted case, scope, and accessories that went with it? It would have sold very quickly at his low price, even with the rework it needed!
Now you need a Stevens Pope 44 1/2 in 32-40 or 28-30 :wink:
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Nice
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

6pt-sika wrote:
marlinman93 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:
Now you need a Stevens Pope 44 1/2 in 32-40 or 28-30 :wink:
Nah. I just sold two Stevens Schuetzen rifles at the same show. An engraved Walnut Hill on the 44 frame in .22LR, and another 52 on the 44 1/2 frame in .25-21. Both extremely nice guns, but I'm gradually weeding out all my Winchester and Stevens Schuetzen rifles, and just keeping Ballard and Remington rifles.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

CurveBall wrote:First post here. Very nice rifles but I have to ask what are those painful looking devices on the end of the buttstocks in place of a recoil pad?
Image and Welcome to THE Forum.

Val, I'm been jonesin' for a Hi-Wall in 32-40... a shooter, not necessarily a collector grade. (Read inexpensive... or maybe not expensive would be a better descriptor)!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I don't see projects, just a lot of load development and range time with rock busting! Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Oh ... my .. GOSH!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
CurveBall
Levergunner

Post by CurveBall »

marlinman93 wrote:
Those are referred to as "Swiss buttplates", and were used on all offhand rifles. Schuetzen competition required a shooter to fire his shots offhand with no rest on the bench or other means. So shooters came up with various hooked buttplates that allowed the rifle to be hooked over their upper arm (not against the shoulder) so they could easily support the gun for long periods. The palm rest mounted on the forearm of some schuetzen rifles also helped the shooter hold his position better in offhand shooting.
Here's a picture of a schuetzen shooter.
Thanks for the detailed explanation on its purpose and in action.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

When I saw who was posting pics of a project gun in the title, I had to look. I was not disappointed. Well, maybe a little, they weren't old Marlin take downs, my favorite levers, but still very cool MM. Thanks for sharing.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Griff wrote:
Image and Welcome to THE Forum.

Val, I'm been jonesin' for a Hi-Wall in 32-40... a shooter, not necessarily a collector grade. (Read inexpensive... or maybe not expensive would be a better descriptor)!
Sorry Griff, but sold my last two Win. 1885's at the Big Reno Show last November. Both Special Sporting Rifles, with single set triggers, 1/2 octagon barrels, pistol grip stocks, deluxe checkered wood, and small Swiss buttplates. I'm out of the 1885 Winnies now. One a High Wall in .32-40, and the other a Low wall in .22 Short.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

sore shoulder wrote:When I saw who was posting pics of a project gun in the title, I had to look. I was not disappointed. Well, maybe a little, they weren't old Marlin take downs, my favorite levers, but still very cool MM. Thanks for sharing.
I've sold all of my early Marlin lever actions over the last 6 years also. I did keep my favorite; an 1881 Marlin built by Emil Flues.

The Flues 1881 will probably never be sold by me. I'll let the kids sell it after I'm gone.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

marlinman93 wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:When I saw who was posting pics of a project gun in the title, I had to look. I was not disappointed. Well, maybe a little, they weren't old Marlin take downs, my favorite levers, but still very cool MM. Thanks for sharing.
I've sold all of my early Marlin lever actions over the last 6 years also. I did keep my favorite; an 1881 Marlin built by Emil Flues.

The Flues 1881 will probably never be sold by me. I'll let the kids sell it after I'm gone.
Well, I'm just glad I was able to view some of them, I think my favorite was a takedown set with barrels in two different cartridges. Wish now I had paid more attention to them. If I ever get to collector status a matched pair of Marlin takedowns like that would be #1 on the list. An original Colt 1911 would be second (bet that raised some eyebrows lol).
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

sore shoulder wrote:
marlinman93 wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:
Well, I'm just glad I was able to view some of them, I think my favorite was a takedown set with barrels in two different cartridges. Wish now I had paid more attention to them. If I ever get to collector status a matched pair of Marlin takedowns like that would be #1 on the list.
This set?
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

Wow!!! :D :D :D
I feel privileged just to see the photos.
Thanks for sharing!

Dave B,
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

marlinman93 wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:
marlinman93 wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:
Well, I'm just glad I was able to view some of them, I think my favorite was a takedown set with barrels in two different cartridges. Wish now I had paid more attention to them. If I ever get to collector status a matched pair of Marlin takedowns like that would be #1 on the list.
This set?
Yep. :mrgreen: Thanks for reposting, saving that one. By far the coolest guns I've ever seen. Remind me again what the chamberings are?
11B30
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

sore shoulder wrote:Yep. :mrgreen: Thanks for reposting, saving that one. By far the coolest guns I've ever seen. Remind me again what the chamberings are?
The two barrels were .30-30 and .32 Win. Spl. Both half octagon, with one 2" over std. 28", and one 2" under std. at 24". When I sold that set, the buyer didn't want the case, because I built it, and it wasn't a factory case!!! I was puzzled, and told him Marlin never made any fitted cases, but he didn't seem to care. I sold the case later at a gun show.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Ahhh yes, another reason I liked that combo, very first rifle I ever hunted for elk with was a Marlin in .32 Special. you wouldn't know that case wasn't factory. A nice Marlin logo and Marbles fixed blade would have set it off nicely. Can I ask what the rifles sold for sold for?
11B30
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The case did have a Marlin logo in the inside lid! I copied it from a period Marlin catalog inside page!
The gun and two barrels sold for $2800.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote:The case did have a Marlin logo in the inside lid! I copied it from a period Marlin catalog inside page!
The gun and two barrels sold for $2800.
Is that one of the factory engraved guns you had ? I cannot tell on my PC if it's engraved or not ?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

No, that's not an engraved gun. Only had two engraved guns. A 1898 Shotgun in C grade, and an 1893 engraved. The 1893 wasn't a takedown. Had lots of unique features, but solid frame.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Marlinman,
There's nothing like old world craftsmanship........and, as you know, usually shows up on single shots. Luckily, for the collectors today, these fine guns were owned by wealthy individuals who knew how to take care of them and were not bounced aroumd from owner to owner getting all banged up in the process. Having all of the accessories is icing on the cake, well, like LOTS of icing!

May I pick your brain? I know Winchesters and Colts but only what the books can teach me on old Marlins. Here's a 40-60 with a 30" extra heavy barrel that I shoot on a somewhat regular basis...heavy receiver, second variation....weighs a bit over 12 pounds.....100% original......MVA scope...dovetail mounts :wink:

You have any idea as to quantity of production?----thanks---6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sixcun,
Do you mean quantity of production on 1881 Marlins? Or on that configuration?
From what I've read the guesstimate is around 20,000 guns made in the model 1881. A 30" barrel is pretty rare, and surprising it has a 28" mag tube? Usually the mag tube matched the barrel length, except for 32" barrels, which had a 30" mag tube.
I'm a couple states away from home, so can't check my resources to confirm how many 30" barrels they made.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Marlinman,
According to Brophy's book, there were 780 guns made with a 30" barrel, but that "780" number only lists the length. Guns in caliber 45-70 with the 30" barrel were made with the #3 weight barrel and guns in caliber 40 (mine) were made with the extra heavy #4 barrel. It does not give the breakdown between the #3 or the #4 weights.

The 28" mag tube is original. Madis told me he has seen others like it and I know what to look for concerning these matters.

If by some weird chance you remember that and can pass on the info to me from your sources, it would be greatly appreciated.

You will be pleased to know that at our last 2-500 meter silhouette match where all of the guys use fancy new Sharps 74 side hammer single shot guns that I came in 4th out of 23 shooters using a completely original LEVER gun that is 134 years old. :D

Do you shoot your single shots?------Thanks------6

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The info you have on numbers for certain barrel lengths is what I would have at home. I don't have a breakdown of calibers or barrel weight for certain models, so can't add to what you already found out. A letter from Cody might confirm the barrel length and mag tube length, but only if your 1881's serial number is over 4000.

Yes, I indeed shoot all of my single shots, and any other old guns I own! I've sold guns because they weren't shooters, or were NIB, and I didn't want to shoot them. I love shooting them all! Next month we're having a get together a day's drive NE of me to spend a week shooting our old guns at ranges from 450-1000 yds. Whatever is together and working will get shot at that venue! Not sure the Schoyen will get done. But the gunsmith who will case color it will be there, and if I get it off to him in time, I'll at least get the finished parts back at the shoot!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Marlinman! Dang! I wish there were more guys like that here in the East. It's rare that I encounter another guy like me who shoots the originals. If they have them, they are afraid to "lose value".----6

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sixgun wrote:Thanks Marlinman! Dang! I wish there were more guys like that here in the East. It's rare that I encounter another guy like me who shoots the originals. If they have them, they are afraid to "lose value".----6
I agree! I don't understand the mentality that makes guys not want to shoot a gun that's been fired, and was designed to be fired? Seems totally illogical to my brain.

I just got back from a short vacation with my wife, to visit our daughter & family. Got back on polishing the Schoyen Ballard out, and discovered some oddities on the Pacific style lever when smoothing it out. It looked like it had been welded on in two spots, and considering the weld, it looked like they welded up two holes in the lever. After a little pondering, while polishing, I wondered if the lever had once had a grip adapter attached to it, similar to the one that HM Pope sold? I had purchased a Track of the Wolf schuetzen triggerguard long ago, with plans to use it on a project that never happened. I overlaid it on the Pacific style lever, and the points it would contact were very close to the weld marks.
I decided to rework the TOW triggerguard to make it into a grip adapter similar to the Pope style. Once I did some cutting, chopping, filing, and bending, I got a good fit to the Pacific lever. Then I marked the two mounting holes, and drilled both lever and adapter. After that I made sure they lined up, and tapped the Pacific lever for two 10-32 threaded holes.
This is the triggerguard I started with:

And this is the almost finished piece mounted:

I still need to slim it down where it meets the lever, and polish it out also. It's rough sand cast, but brass, so it should polish easily.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote:
Sixgun wrote:Thanks Marlinman! Dang! I wish there were more guys like that here in the East. It's rare that I encounter another guy like me who shoots the originals. If they have them, they are afraid to "lose value".----6
I agree! I don't understand the mentality that makes guys not want to shoot a gun that's been fired, and was designed to be fired? Seems totally illogical to my brain.

I just got back from a short vacation with my wife, to visit our daughter & family. Got back on polishing the Schoyen Ballard out, and discovered some oddities on the Pacific style lever when smoothing it out. It looked like it had been welded on in two spots, and considering the weld, it looked like they welded up two holes in the lever. After a little pondering, while polishing, I wondered if the lever had once had a grip adapter attached to it, similar to the one that HM Pope sold? I had purchased a Track of the Wolf schuetzen triggerguard long ago, with plans to use it on a project that never happened. I overlaid it on the Pacific style lever, and the points it would contact were very close to the weld marks.
I decided to rework the TOW triggerguard to make it into a grip adapter similar to the Pope style. Once I did some cutting, chopping, filing, and bending, I got a good fit to the Pacific lever. Then I marked the two mounting holes, and drilled both lever and adapter. After that I made sure they lined up, and tapped the Pacific lever for two 10-32 threaded holes.
This is the triggerguard I started with:

And this is the almost finished piece mounted:

I still need to slim it down where it meets the lever, and polish it out also. It's rough sand cast, but brass, so it should polish easily.

Nice !

Okay so if you don't want Stevens anymore you need a Ballard Pope barreled Schuetzen :wink:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

6pt-sika wrote:

Nice !

Okay so if you don't want Stevens anymore you need a Ballard Pope barreled Schuetzen :wink:
Yes, I do indeed "need" a Pope barreled Ballard! I looked at two for sale at Denver, but considering the prices were equal to what I gave for two or three of the guns I purchased, I decided to spend my gun funds in a different direction.
One of them was awfully tempting, as it had the complete shooter's kit/box with it! The box had all sorts of old Pope tools, and I guestimated the contents were worth $2k-$3k alone. Just tough to fork out the asking price on one gun, when I could get three for the same money that made me happier.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Marlinman....I bet YOU cut the vacation short just to hurry up and get home to play with your new toys. We are all the same. :D

There's a big time single shot dealer that I see and bs with at the Allentown Ag. Hall show. Can't remember his name but I'm sure you probably know him or of him. The guy gets some beautiful stuff.

You got some nice stuff too. I probably have 20 leverguns to every single shot. My only bragging rights for single shots is a '78 Sharps (military), Hi-Wall 40-82...and a 85 Lo-Wall .22 L.R. Target made in '09 with a 28" barrel, set trigger and a 36" Stevens scope. I shoot them all....regularly.-----6

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sixgun wrote:Marlinman....I bet YOU cut the vacation short just to hurry up and get home to play with your new toys. We are all the same. :D

There's a big time single shot dealer that I see and bs with at the Allentown Ag. Hall show. Can't remember his name but I'm sure you probably know him or of him. The guy gets some beautiful stuff.

You got some nice stuff too. I probably have 20 leverguns to every single shot. My only bragging rights for single shots is a '78 Sharps (military), Hi-Wall 40-82...and a 85 Lo-Wall .22 L.R. Target made in '09 with a 28" barrel, set trigger and a 36" Stevens scope. I shoot them all....regularly.-----6
I'd guess you might be talking about Gary Quinlan? Gary has a shop in Pennsylvania and a very fine collection of single shot rifles! I've seen some pictures of some of Gary's collection, and guns for sale, and he's way above my collecting level!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Got my adapter sanded and all the cast finish removed. Then took a look at the buttplate. Oh my goodness! Someone really was rough with it, and appears to have left file marks, vise marks, and all sorts of damage on the finish. Some of it very deep, but at least the deepest marks are in areas with lots of metal! The areas adjacent to the wood mating surfaces are in decent shape, so I removed the marks without affecting the wood to metal fit. Once I got all the damage filed out, I gradually worked down the finish with varying grades of sandpaper until it's ready for polishing also. I can finish up the polishing while the barrel and receiver are out for finish.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:

Nice !

Yes, I do indeed "need" a Pope barreled Ballard! I looked at two for sale at Denver, but considering the prices were equal to what I gave for two or three of the guns I purchased, I decided to spend my gun funds in a different direction.
One of them was awfully tempting, as it had the complete shooter's kit/box with it! The box had all sorts of old Pope tools, and I guestimated the contents were worth $2k-$3k alone. Just tough to fork out the asking price on one gun, when I could get three for the same money that made me happier.
Wasn't Jim Goergen was it ?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Jim Goergen is in Mn., but I'd expect he may attend the Pa. show also.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote:Jim Goergen is in Mn., but I'd expect he may attend the Pa. show also.
Yes MN , I figured he would send someone to Vegas . I've seen him at Baltimore a few years back or let me clarify he had a table there , whether he was working it is another matter .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

marlinman93 wrote:
Sixgun wrote:Marlinman....I bet YOU cut the vacation short just to hurry up and get home to play with your new toys. We are all the same. :D

I'd guess you might be talking about Gary Quinlan? Gary has a shop in Pennsylvania and a very fine collection of single shot rifles! I've seen some pictures of some of Gary's collection, and guns for sale, and he's way above my collecting level!

That's the guy! Gary Quinlan! ---6

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Did a little reshaping on the stock and forearm today to get rid of the geometric shapes on the PG area, and forearm tip. Couldn't go much further, and not have it looked messed up, but it did improve the looks a lot.

Took some off the bottom of the perch belly also, as it didn't flow well near the PG area.