Scored N133 powder at Allen, TX Cabelas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Scored N133 powder at Allen, TX Cabelas

Post by crs »

Their web site shows a good variety of VV powders in stock, including my favorite for standard velocity/low pressure loads for .405 WCF. 45-70 and 45-90- VV N133. So, while in the Allen Cabelas today for other things, I saw lots of VV powders and picked up a couple pounds of N133 for some planned loading.
One year ago, the only place in the US that I could find VV powders was at the Powder Valley store in Kansas - maybe VV has a deal with Cabelas for volume distribution - I hope so. :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Scored N133 powder at Allen, TX Cabelas

Post by Griff »

Over the past few months, I've scored 16lbs of 5744, and 8lb kegs of RedDot, CFE223, Titegroup and most recently, Clays. Have paid some more than I'd like... but stocks seem to be more available.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I have noticed that some powders are showing up around here now.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

My local Cabelas has been stocked full of all powders, but for Unique and 2400. Thankfully they have a full line of VV powders and I only wish N110 was available in the 2 pound jars again.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Glad the 133 worked out for you in the 405. I really liked the VV powders. 130 is an excellent powder in the 45-70 also. It gave me near max velocities (350gr) but at very low pressures. Talking near BB load velocities at Garret pressures (which are much lower). Have you ever tried the 130 in your 45-90?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like the VV n110 for some of my .480 Ruger loads. I haven't tried the others, but, it stands to reason that they would be of the same quality.

I got a pound of CFE 223 at my local Academy Sports and Outdoors recently, and found that my 30-06 likes it with 165 grain Hornady bullets.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Leverluver
One reason for stocking up on the N133 is that I plan to use it in all my loads for my .405 double rifle which is based on a Simson Suhl 12 gauge by side; no need to run high pressures in a shotgun action, even with the Greener cross bolt and side clips!
You saw the N133 pressure curves taken from my .405 M1895 and know what a difference 12K psi can make. :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/