Benchmade is great

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Benchmade is great

Post by jdad »

Drove up to their factory and dropped off 2 knives, for their "Lifesharp" program. I just figured that meant they were going to be factory sharpened.

They replaced all the springs, bushings, screws, stop pins, axis locks, AND then adjusted, lubed, and sharpened. They were packed back up in factory boxes and shipped to my house, at no charge.

3 day turnaround.

Great customer service should be acknowledged.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Benchmade is great

Post by mack »

I was a Benchmade dealer for more than a few years. I found that there where two US companies that stood above all others in service and quality. Benchmade and Buck.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I find most all of the big names in American made knives and American made firearms (not foreign junk.....heard horror stories on warranty work on foreign arms) do a super job of customer service.------6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

vonfatman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by vonfatman »

Good to know.

Bob
"Onward thru the Fog"
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Wish I lived close to the factory. To do mine they want $40, plus they'll only send it back to my nearest Benchmade dealer -- who told me they'd be glad to receive it for me -- for only a $25 fee.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Pisgah wrote:Wish I lived close to the factory. To do mine they want $40, plus they'll only send it back to my nearest Benchmade dealer -- who told me they'd be glad to receive it for me -- for only a $25 fee.

Don't know who told you this. :?: They only charge $35 if you need/want a new blade. Here are the details, where to send it, and it clearly states there is no fee for return shipping.
https://www.benchmade.com/warranty-service
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Buck knives were always excellent quality for the money, and their service outstanding.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

tman wrote:Buck knives were always excellent quality for the money, and their service outstanding.
I haven't had a new Buck for decades. The steel was very hard, and (IMO) sort of brittle. I broke two in "sort" of normal use. One, I dropped and broke off a 1/4" of the tip, and another snapped while twisting it in the pelvis of a whitetail....I pretty much take a cheap Old Timer "Green Handle" with a gut hook out these days....On a daily basis, I use/carry Cold Steel, and SOG, Leatherman, Gerber, etc. I've messed up several different Leathermans, and when I send them back, they get returned good as new....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

I carry a Benchmade Triage on duty, and a couple of Griptilians otherwise.

I like Spyderco as well and have been treated well by both companies.

Sixgun, I have that exact knife. I uhh.....acquired...... yeah, that's it...... mine on a runway in Qatar back in '07.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

MrMurphy wrote: Sixgun, I have that exact knife. I uhh.....acquired...... yeah, that's it...... mine on a runway in Qatar back in '07.
So, I see you were in Special Forces. I had to purchase mine as I'm just a wannabe. :D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Me too...a wannabe that is
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.