First Hopalong novel, for download

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

First Hopalong novel, for download

Post by JohndeFresno »

Things are becoming a bit too complicated and dark, it seems, at the moment. Nuts trying to get rid of good guys, cops being disrespected and attacked from the White House before the facts are known, and...
The Code of the West seems to be missing in the lives of many of our neighbors!

Hoppy had it right, even though the original Hopalong was himself a pretty rough rascal.

Interested? Here is the very first "Hoppy" novel written by the original author of the series, C. Mumford; now a public domain book. From my archives, I've altered it so that is a searchable PDF file for your reading pleasure:
https://app.box.com/s/108tatfzjn5bn1fmv09jx540b14aag4q
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Re: First Hopalong novel, for download

Post by octagon »

Just bought a few Hoppy paperbacks. Probably read em after hunting season. :D
PriseDeFer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PriseDeFer »

Thank you, I look forward to my first look at the real Hoppy. William Boyd and company changed him drastically to pitch the TV show to kids, an artistic felony no doubt but they did help raise me and infected me with the Code of the West which can scold me soundly to this day.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Thanks & i'm about half through it this morning.
I'm thinking that reading was a particular pleasure in the old days & it is a shame that we stray so far from our roots. Cable tv and streaming video are a poor substitute for the theatre of the mind.

Jack
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Glad to share it, Levergunners.