Winchester 94 Forends

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hawkins
Levergunner 1.0

Winchester 94 Forends

Post by Hawkins »

Does anybody know if the forend from a post 64 Winchester 94 will fit a pre 64 94? Assuming standard round barrel carbine in both. Thanks!

Hawkins
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Re: Winchester 94 Forends

Post by alnitak »

Check Joe's discussion in the sticky on interchangeability of pre-/post-64 parts.

http://onesticky.levergunscommunity.org ... sters.html
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Hawkins wrote:Does anybody know if the forend from a post 64 Winchester 94 will fit a pre 64 94? Assuming standard round barrel carbine in both. Thanks!

Hawkins
They will "fit" as in go on, though the part where the front of the receiver is machined to accept the forend is different. The earlier guns had the entire front of the receiver machined out to leave a thin rim to hold the forend. The post 64 guns had a circle of metal removed oriented around the magazine tube. The later forends will go on an earlier gun, I have a couple so done. They dont fit quite as snugly, but work OK. If it was going to be long term permanent, you may want to use bedding compound to get a perfect fit of the wood to the receiver,...or just put it on and not worry about it.

Are you asking in regards to a simple replacement of a standard part? Earlier forends arent too hard to come by.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Hawkins
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hawkins »

Alnitak and Malamute,

Thank you for the info. The old forend has gotten loose and a little soft in spots from oil seeping in, probably. I found a post-64 forend cheap, but it sounds like I might have a similar loose fit as what I have now. I think I'll try bedding the one I have and see if that tightens it up.

Thanks again,

Hawkins