Recent Moose Hunt BC near 100 Mile House

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Recent Moose Hunt BC near 100 Mile House

Post by daisygordoninc »

I just returned from BC after a 7 day moose hunt with Windy Mountain Outfitters. My good friend and I took one bull last year and returned this year with two more close hunting friends this year. Again we took one really nice bull, a rack just over 50 inches which is pretty wide for that area. Chris Condie who is the outfitter had not taken a bull over 50 inches in that area previously so we were pleased. Had one near shot myself on a nice sized bull but wasn't able to get a good shot. I will never cease to be amazed at how big those bulls appear in the wild, so much fun. My friend and I saw about 20 moose during the week, several of those were bulls. I had my Winchester 71 348 with me and would love to get a moose with it, a gun my wife bought as a birthday gift in the summer of 2014. The 348 is a nice 200 yd moose gun, and oh so much history, mine was made in the 40's. Wished I had a picture, will post one when I get one on my computer. My only regret was that I could not get close to a larger bull that I nearly got a good shot on the year before. He seems to be old, big, and smart. May have to go back next year and try one more time.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Recent Moose Hunt BC near 100 Mile House

Post by Pete44ru »

Nice report - with my luck, that bull would most likely die of old age. ;)

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

That "collecting" game on a hunt is always just so much icing on the cake for me... I've had couple of hunts where I'm actually relieved I didn't make meat! Hard, rough country, where packing out would be more work than I'd anticipated!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

I know exactly what you mean, the last day we chased that big old bull, and tried and tried to call him out. We were getting him to grunt but he would not come out. I was almost relieved because had we been successful that last day we would have been at least 2 days getting him out. We would not have been home when we had originally planned, on the other hand after chasing him 2 years it would most likely have been worth it.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

8) 8) Would love the pics when you get a chance.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV