Longmire season 4 on Netflix

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
retmech
Levergunner 2.0

Longmire season 4 on Netflix

Post by retmech »

I know some of you fellas liked the Longmire series so I thought I'd give a "heads up". I streamed the first two episodes over the weekend on my Roku. Great show.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Re: Longmire season 4 on Netflix

Post by jkbrea »

Great show. I read where it was cancelled because the average viewers age was 60. But, there were over 5 mill viewers each week. :? I'm glad netflix picked it up.
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

I've been watching it myself. I was really ticked off at A&E for dropping it after the cliffhanger season 3 finale. But then I'm over 60 so I prolly don't know what's good :roll:
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Lassiter wrote:I've been watching it myself. I was really ticked off at A&E for dropping it after the cliffhanger season 3 finale. But then I'm over 60 so I prolly don't know what's good :roll:
+1 on all counts. Watching s'more episodes tonight with my sweetie.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

My wife was watching it the other day on Netflix. I had to stop and think, wait a minute... we watched that on Amazon Prime. Oh well I'm just glad it's back. One of the few shows I watch.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

jkbrea wrote:Great show. I read where it was cancelled because the average viewers age was 60. But, there were over 5 mill viewers each week. :? I'm glad netflix picked it up.
Netflix not only picked it up, they improved it. The episodes aren't limited to 42 minutes to fit a TV time slot with commercials. They are averaging about 60 minutes each. Some more. Some less.

I'm a huge fan of the books. The TV series took a while to grow on me. I have to view them as two separate entities to enjoy the TV series. But it definitely has improved since the first season.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

NetFlix done good....I'm half way thru #3. Great show.... (although, he did say "hairtrigger Glock" once. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

My wife and I both watch and really like this show, and we are well under 60 (38). We just started watching season 4 on Netflix also.

I'm sure you guys have noticed that he frequently carries a winchester 94. Its a carbine, and is top eject and does not have any safety that I could see anywhere, but thats as much as I could tell. I'm assuming that its a 30-30.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

FLINT wrote:My wife and I both watch and really like this show, and we are well under 60 (38). We just started watching season 4 on Netflix also.

I'm sure you guys have noticed that he frequently carries a winchester 94. Its a carbine, and is top eject and does not have any safety that I could see anywhere, but thats as much as I could tell. I'm assuming that its a 30-30.
They mention in one episode that it is a .30 caliber.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
jdt
Levergunner

Post by jdt »

I'm pretty sure in an one early episode he had a levergun with a brass receiver. Probably a Henry.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Next on my list - after I finish "Hell on Wheels"! :D
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Next on my list - after I finish "Hell on Wheels"! :D

I was all in on that show through the first 2 seasons --- for some reason i havent been able to get into subsequent seasons much

-- thanks to all for the tip on Longmire season 4 though :) too much of a cliffhanger wondering what happened with BRanch and his dad
----- Doug
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Next on my list - after I finish "Hell on Wheels"! :D
Yup - rode that horse all the way to town, too.