The powder ferry made a visit

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

The powder ferry made a visit

Post by hondo1892 »

I had a four pound can of titegroup dropped off at my house yesterday. I've been looking for some for months now and haven't been able to locate any. A friend said he would get a can for me. I didn't think it would be a four pounder though. Now I'll have to call him the powder ferry.... maybe not, that may make him mad. Its good to be blessed with such friends.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Re: The powder ferry made a visit

Post by Leverluver »

Nice you have such friends but unless he has the training/license (new requirements) for shipping ORM-D packages, I recommend that you delete this post for your friends sake.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

He's with in all the laws.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Deleting it wouldn't do any good anyway. Once it's posted, it's archived by webcrawlers.

I guess it would make you mad to know a heaten like me has a 4-pound keg of Titegroup I haven't opened...yet.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

hondo1892 wrote:...Now I'll have to call him the powder ferry.... maybe not, that may make him mad.
ferry: to carry or move (someone or something) on a vehicle (such as a boat or a car) usually for a short distance between two places

fairy: An imaginary being in human form, depicted as clever, mischievous, and possessing magical powers.

Nothing wrong with ferrying over some powder to a friend. :wink:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:wink: !!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:
hondo1892 wrote:...Now I'll have to call him the powder ferry.... maybe not, that may make him mad.
ferry: to carry or move (someone or something) on a vehicle (such as a boat or a car) usually for a short distance between two places

fairy: An imaginary being in human form, depicted as clever, mischievous, and possessing magical powers.

Nothing wrong with ferrying over some powder to a friend. :wink:
+1.

And powder's fine in less than 25lb lots... unless you live someplace that has more severe restrictions than the feds... :wink:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I wasn't a fan of titegroup until my .357 S&W came along. For lite .357 loads it shoots mighty fine in my 4" Smith. I looked for it all over central Kentucky and on all the web sites that sell powder but had no luck. It was like trying to find a chicken with lips. Seems like that's how it usually goes for me. Don't need it or want it and I'm tippin over it, need it or want it and no one has it.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I know what you mean by good friends, I was just about out of Unique and my ex brother- in -law shows up with five pounds of Unique free of charge, he say's it's for letting him use my range whenever he can sneak away from the big city.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Titegroup seems to have shown up everywhere in the last few weeks.
I haven't tried it yet. I intend to load some .38 Special and .32 ACP.

Unique, 2400, and Bluedot nowhere to be found.