In the spirit of giving

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

In the spirit of giving

Post by wecsoger »

Have fun today.

A young man, a friend of my son's came by. He is just starting out in life, just married, after an appropriate but short amount of time had twins(!) who initially were kind of sickly but now seem to have straightened out.

Asked him to come by because I wanted to catch up, which I did.

He left with a bandsaw, industrial cooler, set of rain gear and wool pants, Jensen electronics tech tool kit, Makita cordless kit, two tubs worth of mismatched screwdrivers/wrenches/sockets/misc. from two relatives houses I've cleaned out, a Romanian trainer .22 rifle and a Lee Enfield Mk 3. And a whole lot of other stuff.

He was speechless but happy.

Also went by a local low power FM radio station start-up (full disclosure, I'm reading the news for them) and donated six foot of albums I've had setting on the shelves for years. Mostly 70's and 80's, and including a bunch of picture disks, such as Linda Ronstadt back when she was in her hottie days. (you young guys, look it up)

So I made some people happy, I'm happy and I now have more shelf and garage bench top space.

Life is good.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: In the spirit of giving

Post by AJMD429 »

8) 8) 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

Well, we ain't gonna live for ever, and no ones figured how to take it with 'em... so my thoughts are to pass it along to the right souls while we can!
Win- win, happy kid happy you.
Bravo Zulu.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Well done, great way to get garage space.
It is not the critic who counts
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice. sounds like a wonderful act of kindness
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

You mean Linda's not hot any more? :cry:
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Thanks for comments guys, I'm posting not to really pat myself on the back but maybe that will put a bug in someone else's ear.

In last three years I've had to clean out two houses of relatives, and frankly, it sucks.

I'd rather make a decision on what happens instead of forcing my kids to dumpster a lot of it, or let an auction company come in and sell for pennies on the dollar.

You mean Linda's not hot any more?

If you remember Linda Ronstadt as I do back in the "FM" and Eagles days, I highly recommend you don't do an internet search of how she looks today. Just sayin'.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Hmmm. Got me thinkin'. I have 30 years accumulation of mechanic's hand tools (MAC, Snap-On) and my son hasn't talked to me in years, so, mebbe there's a young man in town that needs a wrench or two...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

When younger, I've had some older friends give me things, including guns. It made me feel funny, and somewhat reluctant to accept such gracious and magnanimous gifts. As I get older, I understand much better how they felt, and why they wanted to pass things along to people that could appreciate and use them.

The clearing space aspect is also nice. :D
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! 8)
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.