Ruger SR45

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Ruger SR45

Post by wm »

Just bought one.......first range trip shooting 100 rounds of my handloads (230 grain PHP w/5.5 grains of win 231) and I have to say Ruger put together a darn fine pistol here. Roughly 1911 commander size, Very accurate out of the box with a superior trigger. Lots of nice features and conceals nicely. The only down side I noted was the thumb safety. Taking it off was easy but putting it back on required the use of the off hand. For a 1911 guy like me that will take a little getting used to.

Did I mention it was really accurate with a great trigger? And it seemed to me that with a low bore axis recoil, or more accurately barrel lift was almost non existent. Staying on target for a follow shot was very, very easy. I have meaty hands but not particularly long fingers and I would say the grip was at the absolute limit of what I would feel comfortable with. However someone with longer fingers would probably think it was right in the sweet spot between too large a grip and too small. That is a great thing to have in a higher capacity 45.

You will want to be in the habit of seating the magazine with a good stiff motion though. A weak tap into the gun will not seat the magazine.

Reliability out of the box was almost perfect. Two failure to feeds in the first 20 rounds but after that flawless. A little break in and the problem was resolved.

All in all a winner.......by the way CDNN has them on sale for $370. http://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-sr45tm ... N523Dd0yM8. They also have a two tone version for the same price.

Wm
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Ruger SR45

Post by Blaine »

:shock: Nice .45acp for about the same as an LCP.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Nice. Good price too.

I've filled my quota on the SA/DA .45, I still have a Ruger P90 in the gun safe.

Ugly. Big. Dependable.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I could use one of those.
NRA Life Member
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Looks nice but I already have too many of the Ruger 1911s. Not as cheap but pretty darn good also.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Darn...have the Stainless Steel version of the SR 45...paid a hundred bucks more, now I feel ripped off!

Then again, it was immediately after they were released for sale...should've waited. Mine was sent back twice...would not shoot straight, turned out the barrel was bent. Second time, after I still had aim issues, sent the whole thing back and they said the dovetail was machined crooked.

Now it holds it's own. Not as good as a P38...but close.