Pistol caliber carbine.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Pistol caliber carbine.

Post by rjohns94 »

I was out trading today some unused firearms and one of my favorite local dealers had a Few TNW Aero carbines in stock. I walked away with one plus a couple boxes of ammo with no funds exchanged. That's the kind of trading I like. I mounted a low profile optical sight on the top rail and grabbed up some glock mags, including a 33 round one and headed to the range. Wasn't there long, as two boxes of ammo, no jams and no adjustments needed for the optical scope means I went through that ammo like no tomorrow.

The rifle offers interchangeable calibers, 9mm, .40cal,45acp, and coming is .22lr, .22mag, and .17. It's compatible with AR grips and stocks. I'm putting some spring loaded BUIS on it tomorrow, magpul grip, single point sling, maybe a few more glock mags and a case of ammo. My receiver is in annadized green. They come in different colors. It came with a stuff scope 4x32 Ncstar I think. I won't be using it.

I'm pleased. Fun times ahead . It has 3 small rails in addition to the top rail. One of my extra surefire lights will find its way on to this one. I've only put on the bottom one so far. The picture didn't come out green but you get the idea.

Lots of YouTube videos. Anyway, I'm impressed with the form, function and accuracy. The barrel unscrews and the two pieces then disappear into my back pack. With the adjustable AR stock, 16.25" barrel, this package is the same size nearly as an AR pistol with sig brace, albeit in a pistol caliber.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Pistol caliber carbine.

Post by AJMD429 »

Now THAT is really cool. Actually practical in many 'urban' circumstances.

Depending on what kinds of 45 ACP magazines they accept, and feeding reliability with that round, I could be persuaded...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Glock mags.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I've got a 9mm Just Right Carbine which is similar and I love it.
I just wish it had last-shot hold open on the bolt.

Much more accurate than I expected.

I know pistol-caliber carbine are not in "vogue" right now, but the ability to use the same magazines in your handgun and carbine is valuable to me. I have 9mm Glock mags in 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 31, and 33 round capacity, and my carbine will use them all :D

Tell us more, Mike.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Have heard good things about these little carbines, made right here in good old Oregon:

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Gosh, I could be talked into a 45ACP... :mrgreen: :cry: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

So it's a Left Hand Shooter? Hope it ejects forward if it ain't...

(or mayhap you flipped the photo?)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I have just traded my son out of a Mec Tech carbine conversion for a 1911..45ACP.. Thinking about buying a frame only, and dedicating it to this cause.. With extended magazines lots of firepower.. What say you enablers? Les
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Les Staley wrote:I have just traded my son out of a Mec Tech carbine conversion for a 1911..45ACP.. Thinking about buying a frame only, and dedicating it to this cause.. With extended magazines lots of firepower.. What say you enablers? Les
I like those. There was even a .308 single-shot version once...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Les Staley wrote:I have just traded my son out of a Mec Tech carbine conversion for a 1911..45ACP.. Thinking about buying a frame only, and dedicating it to this cause.. With extended magazines lots of firepower.. What say you enablers? Les
Well..............

The 20-round magazines I've been using in my Para Ordnance 1911 'double-stack' only stick out about an inch and a half from the magazine well, and of course the regular 14-rounders are flush with the bottom, and both function flawlessly in the Para Ordnance frame, so.....................

I've always thought having a shorty carbine that could accept 20 round, reasonably-compact, magazines in 45 ACP, would be pretty darned nice - might be nicer than an 'Uzi', and far less pricey...
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Ya know,...this question was supposed to be answered by the M1 carbine...way back when
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Time Hunter wrote:Ya know,...this question was supposed to be answered by the M1 carbine...way back when
Yeah, but there haven't been any same-cartridge 'pistols' that were practical. The Ruger Blackhawks are nice, but not really a typical 'CCW' companion piece, plus you shoot a full cylinder of 30 carbine loads without hearing protection, and you'll be deaf.

I think for me at least, I want a 'pistol/carbine' pair to shoot a big, subsonic, non-deafening, bullet, like the 45 ACP (50 AE would be kinda cool too :wink: ). And I want them to hold LOTS of ammo in a double-stack magazine that won't stick out two feet just to hold 20-30 rounds. Ideally they should use the SAME magazine, too.

My Para-14 45 ACP and a matching carbine would be nice to have in some 'situations'.

However, I'll have to admit there are no situations I've ACTUALLY been in where the handgun by itself would have been inadequate. Even just a second handgun, in case it malfunctioned or I needed to loan it to a companion, would be useful, but a 'carbine' would be theoretically nicer if I needed to hit distant targets rather than just scare them... :D

I'm not disappointed in the 300 Blk AR 'Pistol' even though it really serves the role more of a carbine, in terms of distance of engagement, and size, and I don't have a CCW 'companion' piece that uses 300 Blk. (Put THAT in a 1911 frame or Glock frame, and I'm definitely interested...!).

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Old Ironsights wrote:So it's a Left Hand Shooter? Hope it ejects forward if it ain't...

Can be flipped for leftys and it throws shells forward, way forward. The picture is not flipped
Mike Johnson,

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

rjohns94 wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:So it's a Left Hand Shooter? Hope it ejects forward if it ain't...

Can be flipped for leftys and it throws shells forward, way forward. The picture is not flipped
Two Thumbs Up then. I want one in .357. :mrgreen:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

very interesting carbine...looks like it might be a good investment...kinda like an AR set of lowers or an H&R...where you can have multiple calibers for the same frame/lower.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights wrote:Two Thumbs Up then. I want one in .357. :mrgreen:
I'd like a 50 AE or 45 ACP, or if it works with rimmed cartridges, a 45 Colt...

BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

I KEEP LOOKING BUT I STILL DON'T FIND THE 'LEVER'.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Hmm, it's kinda a lever on the bolt on the other side. There is now for sure two levers on it, one on the base of the surefire light on the left side and second on the adjustment of the magpul, DE 6 posit stock I put on it today. I purchased a 9mm can today. Paperwork to be submitted tomorrow. Barrel will be cut down and can pinned in place. Will make for a fun inexpensive centerfire by the time I'm done dressing it up. :D
Mike Johnson,

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Looks like a load of fun. Good friend to have along for the ride.

Riding shotgun, updated.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

This thread is very interesting. Saw that review yesterday Doc but thanks for posting it for all to see. It would be nice if Gunblast would do a test on it.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

BAGTIC wrote:I KEEP LOOKING BUT I STILL DON'T FIND THE 'LEVER'.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: