Gunshow prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Gunshow prices

Post by jnyork »

Yuma gunshow this morning, several guys had bricks of .22 ammo, prices down to an average of about 32 bucks, down from 60-70 6 months ago. Nobody buying. :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Gunshow prices

Post by Blaine »

Somebody is still buying it all up at the WalMarts....I hope they choke on it :lol: If it shows up, I'll start buying a couple bricks a month....better than gold when TSHIF. And it will.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

My price-point for good (not Remington) 22 LR will probably be around 4 cents a round or $20-22 per 'brick'. For the 95%-functional Remington, it would have to be cheaper, until I run out of my more-reliable-than-new-Remington 1970's Wildcat and other cheap stuff.

I figure I've got almost 3,000 rounds until I run dry, and that should be plenty now that the kids are older.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:My price-point for good (not Remington) 22 LR will probably be around 4 cents a round or $20-22 per 'brick'. For the 95%-functional Remington, it would have to be cheaper, until I run out of my more-reliable-than-new-Remington 1970's Wildcat and other cheap stuff.

I figure I've got almost 3,000 rounds until I run dry, and that should be plenty now that the kids are older.
It looks like "they" are going to 40 round boxes, and 400 round full bricks....A .32 light reload using 00 buck is looking better and better...brass will last forever, and a primer and pinch of powder won't cost all that much.....I really don't think you will see .04 a round again.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

It was still moving at about $50 per brick at the gun show here 3 weeks ago. $32 or so per brick would have been gone before the doors opened to the public.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

AJMD429 wrote:My price-point for good (not Remington) 22 LR will probably be around 4 cents a round or $20-22 per 'brick'. For the 95%-functional Remington, it would have to be cheaper, until I run out of my more-reliable-than-new-Remington 1970's Wildcat and other cheap stuff.

The current MSRP, for Mini-Mags, is .07/rd. Like Blaine said, the days of .04/rd 22LR are looooong gone.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

I was in the Bass Pro in Hooksett, NH Monday evening. They had Federal Champion (1240 fps) boxes of 50 for $2.39. I didn't notice anything about what the limit was, I didn't need any so I didn't check. A quick count of the stack showed that they had just over 320 boxes. That's under $24 for a full brick, maybe we are finally coming out of the "dark time".
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Are folks still getting ftf's with the newer Remington stuff? Like Doc, I had written off Remington 22's for a number of years but I haven't had a failure with any of the new made stuff (yet). From my observation it looks like Remington finally got around to fixing whatever was wrong with their manufacturing process.

And our local Bi-Mart store has been selling 22's at the equivalent of $20/brick, when they get a shipment in. Limit 2 boxes per person at this time.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

My experience with the Remington .22s hasn't been more than a few outright misfires (although I can't remember one with WW, Federal, or CCI for many years). What I have noticed is firing a few with the expected sharp "crack" report, then one with more like a "fffffft", a much different/reduced report. It has happened pretty frequently, maybe one every 25 rounds or so. I stopped buying them, and won't buy them again.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

While cleaning the reloading room last week I looked at my 22 rimfire stockpile ......a comforting sight....... and noted that a lot of it was now 15 - 20 years old and was priced at $.90 to 1.00 per box of 50. If you accept the commonly held theory that the cost of living doubles approximately every 25 years then $.04 per round would be a historically acceptable price level.

I think I would have been a buyer at $24 for a brick of Federal champion..........it has been 15 years since I seriously bought any 22 rimfire ammo so I'm reluctant to rely on my old prejudices. To be fair I should try them all again and make up my mind :lol:
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

My stash includes a brick that was purchased in the early 70's for $7.99 when I was making $2.30 an hour. Have another couple of bricks bought in the late 70's-early 80's at the same price when I was making around $11.00 an hour. I also remember buying a couple of boxes of .22 in 1967 for $.65-.70 a box of 50 when I was making $1.35 an hour. The actual cost of the ammo to my labor is all relative as in the first case it cost me about 3 1\2 hours of labor to buy the same item that later cost me 3\4 of an hour to buy. When I bought the house I now live in almost 30 years a $200,000 house was a mansion, now a days my house is worth that. Although it just galls me like the rest of you to think of paying over $.04-05 a round today.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Gaucho Gringo wrote:My stash includes a brick that was purchased in the early 70's for $7.99 when I was making $2.30 an hour. Have another couple of bricks bought in the late 70's-early 80's at the same price when I was making around $11.00 an hour. I also remember buying a couple of boxes of .22 in 1967 for $.65-.70 a box of 50 when I was making $1.35 an hour. The actual cost of the ammo to my labor is all relative as in the first case it cost me about 3 1\2 hours of labor to buy the same item that later cost me 3\4 of an hour to buy. When I bought the house I now live in almost 30 years a $200,000 house was a mansion, now a days my house is worth that. Although it just galls me like the rest of you to think of paying over $.04-05 a round today.
Nothing like a few facts to absolutely ruin a good rant 8) 8) :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV