Thought most of you would want to read this inspiring story

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Thought most of you would want to read this inspiring story

Post by GoatGuy »

This is a marvelous tale of an extraordinary hero of the Viet Nam war. At this time of multiple and daunting challenges for me, I was greatly inspired by it and therefore moved to share this story of MSG Raul Perez Benavides of Cuero, TX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Thought most of you would want to read this inspiring st

Post by Larkbill »

True American hero. Those SOG guys rewrote the book on what "bad butt" is, they came from all the different services and they were told to think outside the box, and there are no rules of engagement. There are a couple really good books on their exploits in both Vietnams. I think one of them was by Col. Ralph Peters, but not sure.

Re: Thought most of you would want to read this inspiring st

Post by BigSky56 »

His citation reads west of Loc Ninh that would be cambodia which is north and west of Loc Ninh spent some time around there myself in 72 during the easter offensive. RIP MSgt. Benavidez. danny