Anyone Heard From Larry (madman4570) Lately...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Anyone Heard From Larry (madman4570) Lately...

Post by cshold »

I don't think I've seen a post from him since back in the spring.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Re: Anyone Heard From Larry (madman4570) Lately...

Post by GonnePhishin »

Maybe he's hanging out with COSteve?
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

UncleBuck wrote:Maybe he's hanging out with COSteve?
Oh, hush. Not nice. (possibly true, though I think Steve was much less "Coastal Stockholm"/more conservative than Larry, but still not nice...)

Stockholm Syndrome is very real and affects many - even here...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

A Freudian theory.

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness. The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 8% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other." One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be perceived as a threat.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Great..we're dropping like flies...he last posted on Jun 24, 2014... :O
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Could be just a change in interests.
Actually looks like quite a number of the rollover 2007 guys must have moved on.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Members come and go. Some are missed, some are not.
NRA Life Member
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Ted, I would have to say that is an "astute observation my good man".

By the way my grandson wants to thank you again for the help about changing the front sight on his Henry .22, it is a tack driver now.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

My good cyber associate, Larry has taken a break, probably permanently. The guys who leave the board do so because of the critisium of a small few while the majority of the members really don't care one way or another. This feeling becomes magnified when multiple members condemn the so called "bad guy" all in one thread.

In reality, none (or very few) of us here are friends, only cyber buddies, so why let a few with dominearing personalities control the masses?

I really don't think there is a bad guy in the bunch, only differences of opinion, which by the way, was the formation of our great constitution. It comes down to basic human instincts......some people just don't get along....it don't mean they are bad......just a crossing of the stars. :D

I recently had a PM telling me I'm the biggest AH the world has ever known and this came from a guy with a Mensa IQ and I did not even bother to reply. Did I lose any sleep? Nope, because the only people whom I care what they think of me are my children and my wife......the rest of the world can kiss where the sun don't shine. Nobody else pays my bills.

I have contributed as much, as to knowledge, as anyone here and I rarely get thanked, but it don't bother me none........because......I know who I am...and so does my family.-------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

TedH wrote:Members come and go. Some are missed, some are not.

Hey! I can hear you :o
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Oh, hush. Not nice.
Ah come on now man. I wasn't trying to be nasty, just made a statement. I always thought COSteve made some pretty good postings, Madman, on the other hand... while I didn't agree with him very much, he would always be welcome to a hot cup of 'joe if I ever ran into him, as would all of you gents.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

UncleBuck wrote: . . . if I ever ran into him . . .
From the way he talked about working out I think he'd put a nasty dent in your truck.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Sixgun wrote:My good cyber associate, Larry has taken a break, probably permanently. The guys who leave the board do so because of the critisium of a small few while the majority of the members really don't care one way or another. This feeling becomes magnified when multiple members condemn the so called "bad guy" all in one thread.

In reality, none (or very few) of us here are friends, only cyber buddies, so why let a few with dominearing personalities control the masses?

I really don't think there is a bad guy in the bunch, only differences of opinion, which by the way, was the formation of our great constitution. It comes down to basic human instincts......some people just don't get along....it don't mean they are bad......just a crossing of the stars. :D

I recently had a PM telling me I'm the biggest AH the world has ever known and this came from a guy with a Mensa IQ and I did not even bother to reply. Did I lose any sleep? Nope, because the only people whom I care what they think of me are my children and my wife......the rest of the world can kiss where the sun don't shine. Nobody else pays my bills.

I have contributed as much, as to knowledge, as anyone here and I rarely get thanked, but it don't bother me none........because......I know who I am...and so does my family.-------6

Well articulated 6 8)
I will be the first to thank you.
You have indeed helped me in the past with giving me the right
tang sight numbers for a few of my lever guns. :)
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

casastahle wrote: I will be the first to thank you.
Nope, sorry. Beat you by three minutes. :D
http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=60870
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Ya you did at that :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! You guys are alright and I don't care what Hobie says about you!-----6 :D
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

vancelw wrote:
TedH wrote:Members come and go. Some are missed, some are not.

Hey! I can hear you :o

vancelw? Who is this guy?
NRA Life Member
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

JerryB wrote:Ted, I would have to say that is an "astute observation my good man".

By the way my grandson wants to thank you again for the help about changing the front sight on his Henry .22, it is a tack driver now.
Glad you guys were able to make that work out. Mine's still keepin' on too. Got over 2000 rounds through it now. 8)
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV