At gander mountain there was ......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

At gander mountain there was ......

Post by rjohns94 »

A table full of 22lr and 22mag ammo. I picked up sleeves of cci mini mag and boxes of sub sonic ammo. Also the was a stubby Winchester 30-30 that is kinda speaking to me. May have to see if it is there tomorrow. 4 c notes and it had a Williams recvr sight and sling. Hmmmm. Nice to see 22 ammo at good prices. Boxes of sub sonic were in $3.50 range. Mini mags less than $8
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: At gander mountain there was ......

Post by Mescalero »

Oh,
Good news.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

that is goooood news.... :)
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

If I was (smart or stupid) I should offer to trade you my 94 for your 14.
I always liked those classic 14's & 141's. Never owned one.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

A Gander Mountain just opened last month about 7 miles from my house. :D Better, a Cabelas is going to open up 2 miles away next spring! :D :D :D

The Gander Mountain had .22's. They limited you to one bulk box and two small boxes, but they had them, and they were "reasonably priced". Not pre-Obama levels, but not the insane gun-show levels by any stretch (last month Y2K and I saw plenty of bulk boxes of .22's at the Dixie Gun & Knife Show in Charlotte, but they were all $65-$85/box. Fortunately no one was buying).

I was disappointed with the new Gander Mountain though. The next nearest one was 40 miles from my house, and they sold reloading supplies. Another has opened up 20 miles away, and now this one, but neither carry any reloading supplies. :( Looks like I won't be in there nearly as much as I thought when it was being built...
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Ammo and trapper was gone today.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

rjohns94 wrote:Ammo and trapper was gone today.
Those Trappers always seemed to be a popular item around these parts.
Rarely see them for sale, when you do, they go quick.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Yep
Mike Johnson,

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Today the local gun show had lots of .22 ammo . The prices were still inflated but no where near what they were a year ago. $30 for a bulk 333 box or $45 for 500 were two that I remember.
I found a couple pounds of powder at $30.00 . High but available and no hasmat or shipping cost.
I think the scalpers are starting to get tired of holding on to it and just trying to get their money back for stuff they also paid too much for.
It seems now if you want to play ya has ta pay. :lol:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Ysabel Kid wrote:A Gander Mountain just opened last month about 7 miles from my house. :D Better, a Cabelas is going to open up 2 miles away next spring! :D :D :D

The Gander Mountain had .22's. They limited you to one bulk box and two small boxes, but they had them, and they were "reasonably priced". Not pre-Obama levels, but not the insane gun-show levels by any stretch (last month Y2K and I saw plenty of bulk boxes of .22's at the Dixie Gun & Knife Show in Charlotte, but they were all $65-$85/box. Fortunately no one was buying).

I was disappointed with the new Gander Mountain though. The next nearest one was 40 miles from my house, and they sold reloading supplies. Another has opened up 20 miles away, and now this one, but neither carry any reloading supplies. :( Looks like I won't be in there nearly as much as I thought when it was being built...

I've never been to a Cabelas store even though I have one of their Visa cards and have been shopping their catalog for years. The closest one now is Charleston, WV and we haven't been back to WV since it opened. We're stuck with Bass Pro Shops here. I just don't care for them.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rusty wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:A Gander Mountain just opened last month about 7 miles from my house. :D Better, a Cabelas is going to open up 2 miles away next spring! :D :D :D

I've never been to a Cabelas store even though I have one of their Visa cards and have been shopping their catalog for years. The closest one now is Charleston, WV and we haven't been back to WV since it opened. We're stuck with Bass Pro Shops here. I just don't care for them.
I was informed the other day that Cabellas is supposedly building one in the Richmond VA are before the end of 2015 . We already have a Bass Pro so why not the other . Well technically the Bass Pro is in Glen Allen and the Cabellas if what I was told is true will be in Shortpump . Both are within 10 miles of the city of Richmond and also within about 10 miles of each other .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

There are 2 Cabela's, 2 Bass Pro Shops, 2 Gander Mountains, and a bunch of gun shops in the DFW area where I can get to in about 1.5 hours or so, traffic dependent, and I tend to go to the Cabela's in Allen and the BPS in Garland more than any other. Better service. Not much selection of .22 yet. I am hoping it will filter down to us soon. The Wal Mart in Waxahachie has a real gun guy running the Sporting Goods department. He watches the people who come in to buy the .22 when the truck gets in, and if he sees the same people buying every time, then he starts limiting them to 1 box per shipment so that others can get a chance to get it. He also goes to the gun shows and remembers who bought from him, and if he sees them selling what they bought from him at a much higher price, he limits them at his store.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

piller wrote:There are 2 Cabela's, 2 Bass Pro Shops, 2 Gander Mountains, and a bunch of gun shops in the DFW area where I can get to in about 1.5 hours or so, traffic dependent, and I tend to go to the Cabela's in Allen and the BPS in Garland more than any other. Better service. Not much selection of .22 yet. I am hoping it will filter down to us soon. The Wal Mart in Waxahachie has a real gun guy running the Sporting Goods department. He watches the people who come in to buy the .22 when the truck gets in, and if he sees the same people buying every time, then he starts limiting them to 1 box per shipment so that others can get a chance to get it. He also goes to the gun shows and remembers who bought from him, and if he sees them selling what they bought from him at a much higher price, he limits them at his store.
Good for him!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rusty wrote:

This one will cut your trip in half! It is going to be right off Highway 77 at the NC/SC state line. :D