Bought a new one today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Bought a new one today

Post by jeepnik »

Stopped in at a gun shop I frequent when in the San Joaquin valley. They had a Glock 42. It's just for display. But I handled it and liked it. Got one on order, apparently behind five others at that shop alone. Supposed to be five or six weeks. That's a long time to wait, but what can you do, they really seem popular.

I think it's going to replace my AMT Backup for .380 duty. It is flatter, and lighter, but a bit longer. Oh well, it'll be nice to have a new piece of plastic that will just irritate the heck out of the folks in Sacramento.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Bought a new one today

Post by Blaine »

To steal a line from Doc AJ, if it's easier to shoot than the LCP PainMaster, I might have to see if it fits in my vest pocket....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

We have had them for about 3 months. I handled one and while a neat gun, it's still big for a .380. Like the Judge, it's a novelty gun.

Two months ago my son bought one in Colorado and he likes it.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Nephew bought one. Its his #1 380acp gun now. That is, if he can pry it from his wife.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Thunder50 wrote:Nephew bought one. Its his #1 380acp gun now. That is, if he can pry it from his wife.
I may have the same problem. The wife doesn't like the AMT, too heavy and clunky. I may
have to buy two.
Last edited by jeepnik on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

The 42 has been around quite a while outside the U.S., even in full auto configuration. It's a proven gun, and in my opinion easier to shoot accurately, then the smaller offerings, except for maybe the Colt Mustang, and mine has been 100% reliable. I do wish it was slightly smaller, but trade off is worth it when it comes time to pull the trigger.

I have Kel-tec's, Ruger LCP, Colt Mustang Pocket Lite, and Government, in .380, and I find the Glock 42 to be a little harder to pocket carry, (You can't just stuff it in any old Pocket, so the Mustang and the Ruger still have a place in my safe, but I carried the Glock today, in motorcycle vest, when I went to town. I think I am going to check out one of the Cross Breed Holsters for the Glock, and see if that doesn't work pretty good. As thin as the Glock 42 is, I think it would work very well.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

They are very accurate for a .380. They also have the same feel and operation as their full sized brothers making them great for LEOs who are issued Glocks for duty use. Administrations will OK them for patrol officers as a back up without a second thought.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Well, finally picked it up a couple of days ago. It's been taunting me, sitting there on the shelf of the safe. But, tomorrow it's gonna get dirty. One thing I did notice, it's got a pretty stiff slide. It'll likely loosen up some in time, but it's not for anyone with weak arms and hands. Gonna have to do something with the sights though. My eyes don't like them little things anymore.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"