B Kitteridge rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

B Kitteridge rifle

Post by pwl44m »

Anybody ever hear of one of these ? It is another one of the Guns that I went to look at today. And of course I forgot My camera (I know shame on Me). He had some Guns that I had not seen before and this Kitteridge being one of them. I could barely make out the lettering and only after looking online did I come up with Kitteridge. It has very small lettering and most of that is illegible. I don't know if it is a cartridge Gun or a Rear stuffer. I say that because it has a lever on top of the breach with what looks like a ramrod on a muzzle loader pistol. It has a Percussion nipple on the right side. Anyhow that is the best I can do for now.
Thx for Ur Ear - more to come.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: B Kitteridge rifle

Post by gamekeeper »

The only snippit of info I can find is in the Shooters Bible, collectors guide.
It lists a B. Kittredge & co. Cincinnati.
They were agents for Sharps rifles and they bought the entire stock of Sharps pistols after Sharp death in 1874.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: B Kitteridge rifle

Post by pwl44m »

It appears from what I can dig up that Kitteridge had Their hands in several manufacturers including Frank Wesson. I have not been able to dig up a picture of the Rifle that I saw. It seems that They were a wholesaler mostly. I see quite a few Handguns by Them but no rifles. I saw one picture of a Frank Wesson rifle that had been stamped over with B Kitteridge.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif