The boys of Pointe du Hoc

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

The boys of Pointe du Hoc

Post by soon 2 retire »

This is Ronald Reagan's speech at Normandy on the 40th anniversary of the D-day invasion. I post it every year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBeyZAmmJNg

Bob in Friday Harbor
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Re: The boys of Pointe du Hoc

Post by Centennial »

To my friend Wm. D. Raftery who went up those cliffs.
You are not forgotten.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

In memory of my godfather, Sgt. Wm. T Boyer, USA, landed with the gliders; wounded in Holland during Operation Market Garden. Gone almost 40 years and I still miss him.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My father was a Navy crewman on an LST at the invasion. May he rest in peace.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

To those who were in on the D-Day invasion, I SALUTE you. One uncle, in the 2nd Armored Division, was on D+3, there was no shooting at the beaches, but he said the water was still pink and that you just didn't think about what you were bumping into as you walked to shore. He had seen things from before the battle of El Alamein all the way to there, and that pink ocean bothered him the rest of his life. It must have taken bravery of an amazing level to continue forward against the wall of bullets coming their way on that particular June 6th.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
moodyholler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by moodyholler »

Wife's Grandfather Nelson Rice, wounded N. Africa '42, survived Italy '43, jumped into St Marie -Englise '44, and tailgate jump Norway '45. Member of Darby's Rangers, Devils Brigade, and 3rd Ranger Battalion. One of the finest men I ever knew . My Grandfather Teddy Parker, 1st cav in Pacific, seen action on Leyete, Luzon, and later MP on mainland Japan. Grandma Parker had 3 sons and 3 son-in-laws in the war. May we always remember the sacrifices they made. Also thank all armed forces and law enforcement since then. Later moodyholler