Happy Patriot's Day!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Happy Patriot's Day!!!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world.

The foe long since in silence slept;
Alike the conqueror silent sleeps;
And Time the ruined bridge has swept
Down the dark stream which seaward creeps.

On this green bank, by this soft stream,
We set to-day a votive stone;
That memory may their deed redeem,
When, like our sires, our sons are gone.

Spirit, that made those heroes dare,
To die, and leave their children free,
Bid Time and Nature gently spare
The shaft we raise to them and thee.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Happy Patriot's Day!!!

Post by Blaine »

Thanks for the reminder.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

Wow April 19 already. This year is flying by. Thanks for the reminder and poem.
http://www.theamericanrevolution.org/ba ... x?battle=1
First Shot
A British officer (probably Pitcairn, but accounts are uncertain) then apparently rode forward, waving his sword, and called out for the assembled throng to disperse, and may also have ordered them to "lay down your arms, you darned rebels!"Captain Parker told his men instead to disperse and go home, but, because of the confusion, the yelling all around, and due to the raspiness of Parker's tubercular voice, some did not hear him, some left very slowly, and none laid down arms. Both Parker and Pitcairn ordered their men to hold fire, but suddenly a shot was fired from a still unknown source...............

This one always gets me and I think should also never be forgotten:
www.revolutionarywararchives.org/whittemore.html
Never Too Old: The Story of Captain Samuel Whittemore
............."Sam selected a position that gave him a excellent view of the road from Lexington, and sat down to wait. His fellow minuteman from Menotomy pleaded for him to find a safer position, but he choose to ignore them.

His fellow minuteman started firing at the oncoming British Grenadiers of the 47th Regiment of Foot, falling back to reload, then firing again. Sam waited. Finally, when the column was directly in front of him, he stood and fired his musket. A grenadier fell dead. He drew his two pistols, firing both at almost point blank range. Another grenadier fell dead, a third fell mortally wounded. The British soldiers were on top of him, he had not the time to reload his musket or pistols, so drawing his sword, he . started flailing away at the bayonet wielding soldiers. A soldier leveled his Brown Bess musket, at point blank range and fired. The .69 calibre ball struck Sam in the cheek, tearing away part of his face and throwing him to the ground. Sam valiantly tried to rise, fending off bayonet thrusts with his sword, but he was overpowered. Struck in the head with a musket butt, he went down again, then was bayoneted thirteen times and left for dead.".............
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm tired of it all.

I'm not a "patriot", I'm an Ethical Humanist at best, and a Constitutionalist at worst... which puts me at odds with everything the parties of (D)uh(R)... have done of late.

Which is why I decided to use my "4473 ID" in showing exactly how the Oligarchs in DC have conspired to establish the framework where they can "legally" disarm almost anyone.

All it takes is an arbitrary designation of "prohibited person"... as in, "We Prohibit YOU from defending yourself."

I don't care if it thing the NRA or NSSF - both of whom believe that it's a great idea to add more people to the .gov "prohibited people" Judenstern.

I don't care that it might target me for divulging the Oligarchy's "rules to be used when the time is right".

We don't live in a Republic, we live in a slowly and closely developed Hamiltonian Mercantilist Oligarchy (where (D) & (R) have no functional meaning) that has NO respect for the Natural Rights of people, nor the Constitution which was intended to codify those Rights.

It's Spring. Why not some housecleaning?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

I never get tired of history, recalling it is good. Like the old saying Those that don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. The fence sitters and lefties I know will say "Oh your living in the past, it's passe", and dismiss it and you with a wave of the hand and snide remark. Human nature never changes only technology. So everything that has ever happened in the past will happen again. One can dodge it, offset or prepare if they have the eyes to see it coming.