My 44Mag combo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

My 44Mag combo

Post by 95fan »

In the sprit of combo posts, here is my 44 combo:

Marlin 1894s and Ruger SBH Hunter 7.5
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

BEAUTIFUL! And even more perfection points for the caliber....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jeff
victor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by victor »

pure sweetness!awesome pic. i always thought those hunter models were a great idea.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Love the SBH Hunter!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

very nice. thanks for the pics
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

That's a fantastic picture. You guys are killing me.

BTW... That's my favorite caliber too !!!
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

AJMD429 wrote:Love the SBH Hunter!
Out of all the SBH's that I have the hunter is the most accurate. It fits me so well that it is more like an extension of me, although thats the way it is suposed to be now isn't it. :wink:
Rustolium
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rustolium »

My combo is very similar. Marlin 1894SS and Ruger Vaquero also Stainless, 5 1/2 in. barrel. Both in .44 :lol:
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

95fan nice photo and combo. :D Thanks for posting.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The .44 Magnum caliber is what got me into reloading when I was 16. What an awesome combo!!! 8) :D
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Wonderful combo!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Fine looking arms and nice rig too.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good pair.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Nice Combo....and nice pic too!
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

The local Sportsman's Warehouse has a Bisley Hunter in .44 mag that I have been eyeing.

I think that if I had one, it would see 10 .44spls for every .44 mag I put through it, but it does hang nicely in the hand. :D
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

ScottT wrote:The local Sportsman's Warehouse has a Bisley Hunter in .44 mag that I have been eyeing.

I think that if I had one, it would see 10 .44spls for every .44 mag I put through it, but it does hang nicely in the hand. :D
I think you should get it. I love mine. I Don't normally run specials through mine only because I have developed the perfect magnum load for these particular guns, and have not developed a lower load yet.. I actually worked it up for the marlin, and as luck would have it it works perfectly in the SBHH. One of these days I will get around to working up a lighter target load for her, It gets a little tiring shooting my hunting loads all day.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

what kind of flat critter are them guns laying on? that .44 sure does take the stuffing out of game! :D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The .44Mag is what got me into reloading 30+ years ago also... :lol: (THEN I "DISCOVERED" THE .45COLT and Mr. Colt's masterpiece!) :P :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

95fan wrote:
ScottT wrote:The local Sportsman's Warehouse has a Bisley Hunter in .44 mag that I have been eyeing.

I think you should get it. I love mine. I Don't normally run specials through mine only because I have developed the perfect magnum load for these particular guns, and have not developed a lower load yet.. I actually worked it up for the marlin, and as luck would have it it works perfectly in the SBHH. One of these days I will get around to working up a lighter target load for her, It gets a little tiring shooting my hunting loads all day.
I have thousands of rounds of .44 spl brass and not a single .44 mag, but I can appreciate the .44 mag. I tried to learn to shoot one in my early years, but a 4 inch 29 is not the easiest gun to learn on.

Then again, I have a .500 Linebaugh and there really isn't anything I cannot kill with it. It sucks to have no real good use for a gun!!!!
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

Scott,

Do you have a picture of your Linebaugh .500 -- blued, engraved and with those wonderfully scimshawed ivories? That is a thing of beauty.

Paul
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Paul105 wrote:Scott,

Do you have a picture of your Linebaugh .500 -- blued, engraved and with those wonderfully scimshawed ivories? That is a thing of beauty.

Paul

95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

rjohns94 wrote:what kind of flat critter are them guns laying on? that .44 sure does take the stuffing out of game! :D

They are on an African Bule Wildabeast. I would like to say that it is one of my trophies, but I have not gotten around to going to Africa. My uncle took it in 1989 IIRC.
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

ScottT wrote:
Paul105 wrote:Scott,

Paul

Scott, all I can say is WOW!. That is a work of art.
Buckeye
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Buckeye »

One of mine ,Puma Pre-Safety