My combo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ScottT
Shootist

My combo

Post by ScottT »

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

that is a beautiful combo. I always enjoying seeing pictures of big nose Kate. who did the work on your .45? kinda looks like Bowen work
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Once again, there just ain't much that's nicer than a fine Sharp's and a SAA. Right up there with: a sip of coffee in the morning with the aroma of eggs and bacon; and maybe a snort of John Barleycorn along with a good cigar in the evening.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Very handsome combo...
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Scott, that is a fine looking combo. That knife looks like a "Long Knife" from Simon Kenton's time,a great looking set to handle most anything.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

rjohns94 wrote:that is a beautiful combo. I always enjoying seeing pictures of big nose Kate. who did the work on your .45? kinda looks like Bowen work
Mike,

That is one of the guns we did for the 20th Anniversary of the Shootists and it is a .44 spl. Dustin Linebaugh did all the work, including the elephant ivory grips. One of my favorite guns.

I wish I could get a 73 Winchester in .44 spl that would run with my Skeeter load. I would be set!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

You win!!! :D
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Ahhh, should have put that together. Very sweet. I can see why it is one of your favorite guns. Its a beaut for sure.

blessings,
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Nothin finer or classier than the Sharps rifle. Thanks for sharing those Scott.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

Fantastic! I especially like the blood stains on the cartridge belt. :D
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

95fan wrote:Fantastic! I especially like the blood stains on the cartridge belt. :D
Well, I really did not intend to stain it so, but I am a hunter and it is appropriate.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

ScottT wrote:
95fan wrote:Fantastic! I especially like the blood stains on the cartridge belt. :D
Well, I really did not intend to stain it so, but I am a hunter and it is appropriate.
I liked it also, and wondered is that the Shiloh belt?

Also, have ya seen this thread: Proposed Billy Dixon Range Event Date for Summer!?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Not a Shiloh belt. Just one I bought off of e-bay, but it has served me well for several years now. No complaints.

I saw that, and I would like to make it. Mic is a good friend and I would like to see him again. Hell, any chance to burn some black powder would be welcome.

However, I am working on a plan right now to totally eliminate all consumer debt by the end of the year. I'm making big strides and it looks good, but I have to balance that with the cost of such a trip.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Dang,...How many pounds of lead is that you're wearing around your waist.?

:D

Nice.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

deerwhacker444 wrote:Dang,...How many pounds of lead is that you're wearing around your waist.?
I can't speak for Scott's, but... my pistol belt holds 50 rounds of .45 Colt, so... 50x225/7000=1 lb 9.6 oz.s in handgun ammo; my Shiloh belt holds 50 rounds, so... 50x410/7000=2 lbs., 14.8 oz.s of Sharps ammo; or 4 lbs 4 ozs. (approximately)! :lol:

Ain't necessarily a LOT... but when it's 89ºF like the pic above in Raton, when the chaps, longhandles, I wanted to do more than roll up my shirtsleeves! :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

That is a beautiful combo, Scott. I'm finallly taking steps to get an old single shot breech loader. I'll be bidding this week in auction on an original Springfield Trapdoor 45-70. Not as fancy as a Sharps, but much more affordable for me. Scott, your work with your Sharps is what has inspired me for quite some time .... I just needed to get my hands on a single shot. Hopefully, the auction will provide me with one at a very affordable price. Once again, gorgeous combo. I would love a combo like that, but in Canada, I want a combo that does not require registration and restriction, so mine will have to be made up of a single shot made before 1898 and a sixgun made before 1898 as well. I got the old sixgun, now I need the single shot. Then, it will be off to the 200 yard range.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Thank you for your kind words Kirk. I appreciate them more than you know. Big Nose Kate has been a labor of love for me, and I have enjoyed sharing here on this board. However, it has not been without the negative side too. Musta twisted some tails along the way.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

ScottT wrote:Thank you for your kind words Kirk. I appreciate them more than you know. Big Nose Kate has been a labor of love for me, and I have enjoyed sharing here on this board. However, it has not been without the negative side too. Musta twisted some tails along the way.
Keep posting on your shooting, Scott. I really enjoy the reports, and the photos are excellent as well.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I must say Scott I never get tired of seeing pics of Kate. I have sworn I will not spend any more money on guns until I have enough to get my Sharps. It may take a few years but hearing about Kate should help me stay the course.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

beautiful combo.
Gotta love those Sharps!
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

JReed wrote:I must say Scott I never get tired of seeing pics of Kate. I have sworn I will not spend any more money on guns until I have enough to get my Sharps. It may take a few years but hearing about Kate should help me stay the course.
I am thinking about another Sharps. A Military Carbine in .50-70. Might actually order two, one for my boy and one for me.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

ScottT wrote:
JReed wrote:I must say Scott I never get tired of seeing pics of Kate. I have sworn I will not spend any more money on guns until I have enough to get my Sharps. It may take a few years but hearing about Kate should help me stay the course.
I am thinking about another Sharps. A Military Carbine in .50-70. Might actually order two, one for my boy and one for me.
I am up for adoption. :D :lol:
I have had an obsession with the sharps since Quigley came out in 1989. They are a gun that just speaks to your soul. I have the one I want all picked out just need to stash away the cash.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I have a farmingdale shiloh 3 band in .50 cal. very light as compared to my shiloh Hartford. Because of how much I love the Hartford rifle, I just may have to sell it!
Mike Johnson,

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Yes I agree with every bodies sentiments on this too, you are a gent and a man of good tastes ScottT :D
Say why the one rifle round on the revolver rig?
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!