Productive day with a Marlin and two snakes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Productive day with a Marlin and two snakes

Post by Borregos »

Lousy weather today, started snowing at 0630 and still coming down.
So I stayed in and got some outstanding work done. Stripped and cleaned my King Cobra and Anaconda (W296, H2400 and Unique all seem to burn a bit dirty) and did a trigger job on an old Marlin 27-S I inherited. Capped the day off reloading for our silhouette match on Sunday. :D :D
That Marlin pump is a hoot to shoot. :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Productive day with a Marlin and two snakes

Post by Blaine »

That Marlin is way beyond cool :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Are those Herrett's stocks on that snake? They look just like the Herrett's I have on my Python.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

jazman wrote:Are those Herrett's stocks on that snake? They look just like the Herrett's I have on my Python.
I am not sure, they were given to me by a fellow shooter.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Nice ones what ever they are, and your guns are beauties.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Pete,
On your Marlin, does the action lock up when the hammer is back and is in firing mode? I had one of the first ones made and very time I shot it, the bolt would come back on its on if I was not holding the forend real tight, especially with warm loads. Bothered me a bit.

Nice snakes. In my opinion, Colt makes the smoothest double actions.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I just got my first pump rifle last year - a Remington Model 25 in 32-20 . . . I'm curious as to whether the Marlin ones load the same way (directly into the tube from the right side).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Sixgun wrote:Hey Pete,
On your Marlin, does the action lock up when the hammer is back and is in firing mode? I had one of the first ones made and very time I shot it, the bolt would come back on its on if I was not holding the forend real tight, especially with warm loads. Bothered me a bit.

Nice snakes. In my opinion, Colt makes the smoothest double actions.----6
o

Yes six, it locks up real good, if the hammer is back and you need to unload it you have to ease the hammer down first.

I really like my Colt double actions and that Anaconda will swallow anything you feed it :D :D
Pete
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

AJMD429 wrote:I just got my first pump rifle last year - a Remington Model 25 in 32-20 . . . I'm curious as to whether the Marlin ones load the same way (directly into the tube from the right side).
Yes doc, they load the same way, directly into the tube on the right side, that Marlin pump is a real fun gun to shoot. :D :D
Pete
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

jazman wrote:Nice ones what ever they are, and your guns are beauties.
Thank you :D
Pete
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

The outter tube slides up to load the Marlin where the Rem has a little hinged gate. If you want to open the action on the Marlin press the fireing pin in with your thumb nail and it will unlock the action.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Borregos wrote:Lousy weather today, started snowing at 0630 and still coming down.
So I stayed in and got some outstanding work done. Stripped and cleaned my King Cobra and Anaconda (W296, H2400 and Unique all seem to burn a bit dirty) and did a trigger job on an old Marlin 27-S I inherited. Capped the day off reloading for our silhouette match on Sunday. :D :D
what caliber is the marlin ?

i have one in 32/20 and 25/20

they are neat !
cable
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Biggest walk away regret was a Marlin 27S in 25-20. Still watching for another. I spent the day cleaning three Winchester Model 1906's.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Borregos wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:I just got my first pump rifle last year - a Remington Model 25 in 32-20 . . . I'm curious as to whether the Marlin ones load the same way (directly into the tube from the right side).
Yes doc, they load the same way, directly into the tube on the right side, that Marlin pump is a real fun gun to shoot. :D :D
Very cool! I picked up a Remington Model 25 in .32-20 after snoozing and losing the one Doc picked up from Sixgun. What a fun little gun!!! 8) 8) 8)
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

hfcable wrote:
Borregos wrote:Lousy weather today, started snowing at 0630 and still coming down.
what caliber is the marlin ?

i have one in 32/20 and 25/20

they are neat !
I guess some posts got lost in the shuffle!! It is in 25-20.
Pete