Gun combo 5 of 17

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Gun combo 5 of 17

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, as I mentioned somewhere in this series, not all of the combos will contain a lever action. I figure after the first four did (see attached), it was time to show that my firearms interests – though heavily weighted towards our beloved levers – does range a bit wider! :wink:

Gun combos 1 of 17

viewtopic.php?t=5696

Gun combos 2 of 17

viewtopic.php?t=5733

Gun combos 3 of 17

viewtopic.php?t=5762

Gun combo 4 of 17:

viewtopic.php?t=5791

So, without further ado, here is “gun combo 5 of 17â€
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

Show Off Nice :D
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Just kidding. I carry something like that everyday of my life. I like them, but I wanted to get away from them for awhile so I came here. You won't tell my black guns on me will you?

Nice pics!
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Wheres the lever on that thang?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The OTHER big difference between the PT-99 and PT-92 and the Beretta is that the safety is cool on the Taurus, like the 1911, and STUPID on the Beretta.

My PT-92 is the ugliest gun I have (but it works flawlessly) - it has an old aluminum frame, a beautiful satin nickle slide, banged up wood grips, and a stainless extended barrel.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

I love the shorty barrel on that rifle. I have a couple but they have the 16 inch barrel. Very nice! :) :)
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Nice set up for a couple of souless auto loaders. :wink:
Those Taurus PT-99s seem to shoot fairly nice. All the M 9's I have been issued have had quite a few rounds threw them and still shoot well.

Now you need a 3 point sling for that AR and a couple of 30 round mags and you will be in business. What make of upper do you have on it? Looks like the old M16A1 rear sight windage knob.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:The OTHER big difference between the PT-99 and PT-92 and the Beretta is that the safety is cool on the Taurus, like the 1911, and STUPID on the Beretta.
Bingo! That's why I wanted the old PT-99 in the first place!!! :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JReed wrote:Nice set up for a couple of souless auto loaders. :wink:
Those Taurus PT-99s seem to shoot fairly nice. All the M 9's I have been issued have had quite a few rounds threw them and still shoot well.

Now you need a 3 point sling for that AR and a couple of 30 round mags and you will be in business. What make of upper do you have on it? Looks like the old M16A1 rear sight windage knob.
They certainly don't give me the "warm and fuzzies" like a nice lever-action and a six-shooter! :D

Great idea on the 3-point sling - I will need to put that on the list. The upper is marked "EA", and "JAR-15". If I recall, it was "Eagle Arms" or "Essential Arms", bought out long ago by DPMS. I haven't spent much time with it - would rather shoot my levers. This is one of my "you-know-what-hits-the-fan" guns. My wife and son can shoot it while I go with the M1A (a future combo :wink: ). It is indeed an old M16A1 rear sight - not nearly as nice as the A2, but it was a heck of a buy, so I couldn't pass it up.

I have a few (okay, a ton) of 30-rounders. Even a few 40-rounders. But it stays in the safe with the "short stack" because it is easier to store that way! :wink:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Well, that IS a combo for certain...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I go with the M1A (a future combo :wink: ). It is indeed an old M16A1 rear sight - not nearly as nice as the A2, but it was a heck of a buy, so I couldn't pass it up.
I have a few (okay, a ton) of 30-rounders. Even a few 40-rounders. But it stays in the safe with the "short stack" because it is easier to store that way! :wink:
1. M1A and 1911 can't be beat as a 'combo' so you have to complete the pair with a 1911 or an M1A if you don't have both already. :wink:

2. I actually liked the A1 sight on the 'shorty' I used to have, because it is meant to be handy and rugged, you'll not likely 'adjust' it much once sighted in, and the 'shorty' will not likely be your long range precision gun (though they CAN be accurate). If you get a 'target' upper get it with a flattop or an A2 sight.

3. The Boonie Packer (Dillonprecision.com) clips on the magazine well and holds an extra magazine. If you like the shorter magazines for compactness, you can keep a 10 or 20 round in each - mark one '4' and one '2' and put the appropriate ammunition in each for the leg count of the predator. :shock: I have one on my new shorty.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: 1. M1A and 1911 can't be beat as a 'combo' so you have to complete the pair with a 1911 or an M1A if you don't have both already. :wink:
Your wish is my command! :D

viewtopic.php?p=72611#72611