OT-This will get you thinking..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

OT-This will get you thinking..

Post by morgan in nm »

http://kob.com/article/stories/S398803.shtml?cat=516

I didn't know if you guys heard about this yet.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

As much as I understand why he did it this quote explains what he did wrong.
The prosecution noted that the flag was not Lynch's to damage. It said the fact that Lynch admitted to taking the flag down and then destroying it required the jury to return a guilty verdict.
If he had just taken it down he would more then likely be good to go.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

I'll second that Jeremy. He should have taken it down and brought it to one
of the people he had informed about it being up alone.

Does anyone know who's property it was? I'm assuming the college.

The dean of students, officer of veteran affairs, should have seen this coming.
I could be afflicted with 20/20 hindsight also.

Now the ROTC unit that was given the honor of handling the American flag
should have been well versed in this before being allowed to assume the duty.
THEY should have been the ones to take it down and bring to someone.

I can still remember being part of the detail from our unit to do this for a week
on Camp Geiger.

I've had a tear of pride run down my face twice during my enlistment in the Corps.

Graduation day on Parris Island, and the first morning of that detail when
the flag climbed the pole.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

It was wrong for him to rip it up because it wasn't his. I do commend him, however, for noticing this grievance. How many other college students would have noticed this or done anything about it if they did? He should have returned it to a dean or someone.

I do have one question, though. What is a Mexican flag doing flying in the U.S. anyway? Nothing belongs on the same pole as a U.S. flag except a state flag flying under it. Unless it's a Texas flag, then it can have it's own pole and fly at the same height, (God bless Texas!). My native state, got to give it some recognition :wink: .
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

shooter wrote:
I do have one question, though. What is a Mexican flag doing flying in the U.S. anyway? Nothing belongs on the same pole as a U.S. flag except a state flag flying under it. Unless it's a Texas flag, then it can have it's own pole and fly at the same height, (God bless Texas!). My native state, got to give it some recognition :wink: .
+1
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Yup' but sometimes one has to take the high ground.I salute the guy with 'nads for tak'n that Mexican flag down! :wink:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

That flag should have been taken down via a couple of boxes of shotgun shells.
Makes my blood boil.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

A mexican flag has no business flying here at all. :evil:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Problem is fellas that while most of us are well-versed in flag etiquette, and deeply patriotic, the vast majority of the people out there are sheep, having been dumbed-down by the education establishment for the last 40 years. They haven't a clue.

I learned to honor my country and one of it's symbols - the US flag - from my father and from the Boy Scouts. It was never discussed in school. Fortunately for me, my father was a high-school history teacher before becoming an FBI Agent. He was also a veteran, as was his brother, his father, and countless other of our ancestors. Patriotism was taught at home - where it should be - so when I encountered the occasional nitwit anti-American teacher later in high school or college, I was well-prepared to defend our country's honor and counter their lies.

How many of the next generation will be able to do so now? :(