caught

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

caught

Post by plowboy 45 »

In the grip of global warming way down in south Mississippi
piller
Posting leader...

Re: caught

Post by piller »

This Global Warming better get here quick before we all freeze.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

That critter you're looking fer is sneakin' up on ye...

:shock:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

Eratic weather patterns are symptoms of global warming.
Record cold in the south may well be results of global warming.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

piller wrote:This Global Warming better get here quick before we all freeze.
Yep. 1886.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Could also be the sign of an oncoming ice age. Interesting how weather fluctuates like that
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Then again, out my way we are having unseasonably warm, dry weather. Seems the jet stream moved east. I gotta blame them darned Canadians. I'm sure they've been doing weather experiments. I think they are trying to increase the size of the market for Canadian winter wear. :mrgreen:

Now that I think of it, I think they are in cahoots with the Mexicans. What with our warm weather we are looking for more cool margaritas and such. At least that way they can import more of something that legal to help with their economy. :twisted:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JayF in AZ
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JayF in AZ »

Not to mention back bacon and beer, eh? :mrgreen:
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

jeepnik wrote:Then again, out my way we are having unseasonably warm, dry weather. Seems the jet stream moved east. I gotta blame them darned Canadians. I'm sure they've been doing weather experiments. I think they are trying to increase the size of the market for Canadian winter wear. :mrgreen:

Now that I think of it, I think they are in cahoots with the Mexicans. What with our warm weather we are looking for more cool margaritas and such. At least that way they can import more of something that legal to help with their economy. :twisted:
Darn it, we been busted :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

I say there's an ice age coming. Any one have any good 45/70 loads for cave bear and mammoth?
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

piller wrote:This Global Warming better get here quick before we all freeze.
Seems to have struck here already.

"The Bureau of Meteorology has confirmed 2013 as Australia’s hottest year since records began in 1910.
Average temperatures over the continent have been 1.2C above the 1961-1990 average."
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

At first I thought the varmit was tied to the tree behind OL Plowboy,but it looks to be sneeking up behind him!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least it Mescalero's big cat from the Res stalking him.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Almost all of the snow is melted off here. The kids are playing in t-shirts. Trees are just starting to show buds and the ***** willows are just starting to bloom. You guys are having an ice age, and we are having breakup.

I think it's Al Gore's fault. He invented global warming right? I know he invented something . . .

We need some cold here.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

You know Jerry,
There are times when I have had that EXACT creepy feeling.
It is unsetteling :shock:
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Thats just Pretty Girl my blue healer she has had a blast on the ice and snow I think it suppose to be gone 2mar after dinner
cjensen
Levergunner

Post by cjensen »

If it's hot, it's global warming.
If it's cold it's global warning.
If it's too wet, it's global warning.
If it's too dry, it's global warming.
Why not cut the stuff and just say it's Bush's fault.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Mescalero, I know what you mean, one time in the Florida glades that feeling spooked me pretty bad about dark thirty one nite, them old spirits can be hard on a feller but I did survive.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

JerryB wrote:Mescalero, I know what you mean, one time in the Florida glades that feeling spooked me pretty bad about dark thirty one nite, them old spirits can be hard on a feller but I did survive.
+1 - BTDT :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Ya, its cold because of global warming-just Al the pal Gore- he'll tell ya :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Didn't none of it melt 2day maybe 2mar hope so it a little tough on my cows
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mack wrote:I say there's an ice age coming. Any one have any good 45/70 loads for cave bear and mammoth?
Nosler Partition, 300 grain, 49-51 grains of H4198, 2000+ fps Start 10% less than that and work up. It's best if recoil don't bother ya much :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

This ought 2 be gone by dinner 2mar but suppose 2 be back next friday
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Apparently there has been no global warming for the past 16 years according to this article in Nature http://www.nature.com/news/climate-chan ... E-20140116

Also, the Antarctic ice sheet has been steadily increasing and is above average right now according to this http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere ... arctic.png

The Arctic ice sheet is slightly below the 30 year average but better than it was according to this http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere ... arctic.png

In general, 16 years of no global warming suggest that there may have been some junk science involved. It turns out, according to another article in Nature http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/ ... ATE-201309 that ALL the climate models were badly off. They were complete failures .... all of them. It appears this was a case where environmental hype severely corrupted the normal scientific inquiry. This is not to say we should not clean up our act .... I think we should, but with a well thought through plan not skewed by environmentalist propaganda and hype trying to generate panic.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

Here in Fairbanks at this time of year we expect just about every day to have ice fog, darkness and 40 below temperatures. Right now it's right around zero degrees out, which is still really nice, but last week we had a stretch of weather in the mid to upper 30s, and even had a bout of freezing rain last Friday. It's funny how the days seem longer and the sun seems brighter when it's warm outside. We have about 3 more weeks that have the potential to reach 40 below, but this has been a great winter!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Two of my buds are down in the southeastern corner of Arkansas pig hunting . They've been down there about a week now . They told me they had killed 22 piggies as of thursday afternoon , but not a word about snow or cold .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Marlin32 wrote:Eratic weather patterns are symptoms of global warming.
Record cold in the south may well be results of global warming.
I don't think anybody sez Warming anymore......The earth is dynamic, and was long before humans, and industry.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV