for the technically minded: straight stock conversion

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

for the technically minded: straight stock conversion

Post by new pig hunter »

Marlin 336 Straight Stock Conversion

The Inspiration from here:
http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/pisto ... plete.html

The 336 Project:
http://rifleshooter.com/2012/11/marlin- ... onversion/

Cheers,

Carl
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Re: for the technically minded: straight stock conversion

Post by rbertalotto »

Ive done a few. They is an article about it in "Contents" under "Shooting" on my web site

www.rvbprecision.com
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Very nice outcome! I prefer straight grip stocks. I plan to eventually straight grip my 71, and get rid of the front ramp, which I also don't like. I think it will be a copy of the tiny ramp used on the extra-light rifles in various calibers and models. Would like to chop 2" from the barrel also, 22" seems about right for an 86 actioned rifle. Full magazine would be nice too,.....

I removed the ramp from my 39 Mountie and hand cut a dovetail in the barrel. I like it much better.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
QCI Winchesters
Levergunner 2.0

Post by QCI Winchesters »

Malamute wrote:Very nice outcome! I prefer straight grip stocks. I plan to eventually straight grip my 71, and get rid of the front ramp, which I also don't like. I think it will be a copy of the tiny ramp used on the extra-light rifles in various calibers and models. Would like to chop 2" from the barrel also, 22" seems about right for an 86 actioned rifle. Full magazine would be nice too,.....

I removed the ramp from my 39 Mountie and hand cut a dovetail in the barrel. I like it much better.
I always found the straight grip more practical and easy to handle. The '86 .33WCF rifle was my favourite.
When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!