Sold my '86 takedown....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Sold my '86 takedown....

Post by firefuzz »

Cousin stopped by yesterday morning, says he wants to buy a lever-action .45-70. So I head over to the computer to find him one and he says I don't understand....he wants MY Miroku '86TD, the number 2 gun of a 500 gun limited run. I laughed so hard I liked to have busted my britches and told him we could find him one much cheaper than I'd sell mine for.

Got on the computer and found him a NIB Miroku TD for $1500 and said there ya go. He looked at the gun, laid 2K$ on my coffee table and says where's the key to the gun safe, I liked to have choked.

Now, in case you all don't remember, I only paid $1200 for that gun, it had already been shot, sling swivels attached, no box or paper work....so the collector's value was pretty much shot. And I never really cared for that crescent butt plate.

Told him all that, said he didn't care, he'd shot that rifle and that's the ONE he wanted....give 'er up.

So.......I got the rifle out of the safe, handed him a box of shells and a sling, and walked him to the door, not knowing if I should cry or not.

Then I went to the computer, found a very slightly used Miroku '86 lightweight for just under $900 shipped AND a stainless Rossi '92 for $500 for my new missus. Now I'm just waiting for my dealer to call.

New toys, life is good. :lol:

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Sold my '86 takedown....

Post by Pitchy »

Cool, happy happy happy 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

You can't beat having a relative with a little extra cash in their pockets! :lol: :lol:
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Why did U give Him the ammo and the sling ? :lol:
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Sounds like you made out pretty good. 1886.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

You kept it in the family though :D