22 Short for $3.25?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

22 Short for $3.25?

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I stocked up pretty good with 22LR ammo BO (before Obama) when they were under $10.00 a brick of 500 so never felt the need to purchase anymore at current inflated prices. A few days ago I took my wife to her doctors appointment and in the same building is a gun shop. While she was seeing her doctor I checked out ammo prices at the shop. The cheapest 22LR ammo they had was Federal American Eagle for $6.00 a box of 50. CCI Mini_Mags were $13.00 a 100. What caught my eyes were the boxes of Armscor 22 Short ammo for $3.25 a box of 50. They were the cheapest ammo in the store. I don't have any 22 Short in my ammo locker so I purchased 4 boxes for $13.00 (200 rounds) my first ammo purchase during Obama's reign. Did I get a good deal relatively speaking? How much is 22 rimfire ammo currently going for in your neck of the woods?

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 22 Short for $3.25?

Post by EdinCT »

I saw the CCI LR for 8.00 a hundred and Cabelas had a door buster sale of Win 333 LR for 19.00 in a wooden box to the first 800 people.
I would grab them for what you paid because I also saw a guy pay 49.00 for a box of 333 Win LR at the LGS the other day. I feel they may be getting them from WALMART AND TRIPLING THEIR MONEY. Same store wanted 100.00 to send a handgun to my son in Kentucky. I drove 50 miles on principle and they sent it for 69.00.
Sorry if I was ranting :)
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

It is NOT a rant.
It IS a reflection on the current state of affairs.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Looks like a fair price for shorts, a few years ago they was higher than LR
I may be getting old cuz Ive bought 22 shorts for a quarter (imperial, canuck, coast to coast)

ollogger
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

That's why I bought them, haven't seen shorts cheaper than LRs in 40 years. Only shorts I ever bought before were CB shorts specifically for stealthiness.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Ji, here in Hamilton, Ohio at a Rural King farm store they have Rem. .22short for $4.95/50. Do not see them at other stores at all. Wally World has, on occasion, CCI Stingers at $7.97/100. A while back Rural King had some Eley .22LR for $7.95/50/. Not much .22 anything usually.
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
Treeman72
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Treeman72 »

Remington golden shorts for $2.88 at wallyworld in NY. Almost always in stock. 22 bricks are $20-27 if you snag them before the mob. I've bought 6 bricks of cci blazer this year when they are available
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:I stocked up pretty good with 22LR ammo BO (before Obama) when they were under $10.00 a brick of 500 so never felt the need to purchase anymore at current inflated prices. A few days ago I took my wife to her doctors appointment and in the same building is a gun shop. While she was seeing her doctor I checked out ammo prices at the shop. The cheapest 22LR ammo they had was Federal American Eagle for $6.00 a box of 50. CCI Mini_Mags were $13.00 a 100. What caught my eyes were the boxes of Armscor 22 Short ammo for $3.25 a box of 50. They were the cheapest ammo in the store. I don't have any 22 Short in my ammo locker so I purchased 4 boxes for $13.00 (200 rounds) my first ammo purchase during Obama's reign. Did I get a good deal relatively speaking? How much is 22 rimfire ammo currently going for in your neck of the woods?

I'd say that is excellent, particularly for Hawaii where it all has to be shipped in on a boat.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I can't remember ever paying 25 cents for Shorts, but I remember as low as 45 cents. My friend and I would meet after school (Jr. High) with our .22's slung on our backs. Then we would walk one of the main roads in west St. Louis County picking up bottles from the ditches on our way to the local gas station where we would turn in the bottles for the deposit. Then we would buy a box of ammo and whatever candy bar we could afford. His Ithaca single shot levergun and my Remington 511 bolt would digest anything so we weren't particular. The guy who owned the station would give us a "deal" on whatever he had too much of on the shelf. Then spent the next hour sharing that box of ammo shooting down at the creek.

I can't even imagine how quickly a kid would find himself in the back of a police car now if he tried this. The cops would wave to us as they drove by. Of course we waved back.

We're still best friends and still both have those rifles.