Bill's 32 Special

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Bill's 32 Special

Post by t.r. »

This is my friend Bill who lives in The Keystone State. He has hunted successfully with this Winchester 32 Special since 1952. Bill told me the factory sights have never been adjusted, "No need", he says. He is right; this carbine shoots into a ragged hole at 50 yards.

Bill hunts bear with this carbine as well. "One time I had to shoot a bear twice but it didn't get away." Bill doesn't understand why the younger folks want to buy black plastic rifles with big scopes.

The looped rope makes dragging easier.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice rifle but wait a minute - are you allowed to rope deer in PA. :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Now that's just a neat picture. :D
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

t.r.,

you are gonna fit in just fine here if you keep posting all those wonderful pictures.

blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Bill's 32 Special

Post by sore shoulder »

t.r. wrote: Bill doesn't understand why the younger folks want to buy black plastic rifles with big scopes.
Same reason Bill didn't buy a Brown Bess. :lol:

nice pics. I used a Marlin in 32 Spcl for my first elk hunt over 20 years ago.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Good pic t.r.! Your friend Bill reminds me of several gentlemen I know who have used the same levergun for years and have always kept the family larder stocked.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Great pic and story! Gotta love it when a guy sticks to one gun and has alot of fun with it.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Our genuine "Old Timers" are great, aren't they! What depth of knowledge they have. I'm an "old" timer and could learn a lot from Bill, I'm sure. You're lucky to have such a friend, TR.

Gotta love those wonderful pre-64 Winchester .32 Specials. If you want one, too, check out the 94 I have FS on the Leverguns' Classifieds.