Canadian Cold Front on its way, bundle up.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Canadian Cold Front on its way, bundle up.

Post by Canuck Bob »

I played a little college football in the US on a scholarship many years ago. The only time I heard Canada reported was the weather channel. It usually went something like this, " temperatures are about to plummet as a Canadian cold front settles over the mid-west". Up here they are Arctic Fronts. The only thing north of us is the North Pole.

Well a nasty one is coming. It is -30C here today, Red Deer, AB, with some areas reporting -35-37C. Thats a range of -22 to -34F within a hundred miles!!!!

A couple of my co-workers like to golf in the winter at Palm Springs, Ca. and the weather channels are reporting freezing temps and SNOW overnight in a day or two!

This Canadians take on global warming, "what is taking so long".
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Canadian Cold Front on its way, bundle up.

Post by Pitchy »

Canuck Bob wrote:I played a little college football in the US on a scholarship many years ago. The only time I heard Canada reported was the weather channel. It usually went something like this, " temperatures are about to plummet as a Canadian cold front settles over the mid-west". Up here they are Arctic Fronts. The only thing north of us is the North Pole.

Well a nasty one is coming. It is -30C here today, Red Deer, AB, with some areas reporting -35-37C. Thats a range of -22 to -34F within a hundred miles!!!!

A couple of my co-workers like to golf in the winter at Palm Springs, Ca. and the weather channels are reporting freezing temps and SNOW overnight in a day or two!

This Canadians take on global warming, "what is taking so long".
And ya always send it down this way :lol:
Keep warm pard. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

nothing like IMPORTED cold fresh crisp moisture filled air from Canada...burrrrrrr...and from what I hear their beer isn't bad either...just saying... :)
labatt_blue_beer.jpg
molson_oldbottle.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Glad to hear some decent cold weather is on the way. I sure am not a fan of the limp-wristed excuse for a winter we've been having down in central Ontario the past several years. Hope this winter is a decent cold one.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks for all the lovely thought and the fresh air.
Kirk I hope our great God sends you all the snow and cold you can wish for and all the health to enjoy it with your family.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I haven't drank any beer in awhile but remember how shocked I was you could buy your beer in a convenience store and gas station. Yes, we not only have gun control, we have beer control too!!! I also thought someone watered the stuff down on purpose. You brought back a few memories, my favourite was Blue!

Kirk, my MIL lives in Trenton and she is also looking for some real winter weather. I sometimes miss that good old lake effect snow, oh right, don't miss it.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Canuck Bob wrote:
I sometimes miss that good old lake effect snow...
not me...had 40+ years of lake effect when I lived in NYS...we gets lots of snow in the Cascades, where it belongs... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

30wcf wrote:
Canuck Bob wrote:
not me...had 40+ years of lake effect when I lived in NYS...we gets lots of snow in the Cascades, where it belongs... :)
That must be that recession snow, I can remember when 5 feet of snow would cover a mans shoulders :lol:
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

JerryB wrote: Kirk I hope our great God sends you all the snow and cold you can wish for and all the health to enjoy it with your family.
Thanks, Jerry. I will be looking forward to a good winter.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

KirkD,

Yes sir Kirk, I will pray EXTRA hard that the Lord sends you all the cold and snow you want 'cause we sure got 'nuff here in the Dakotas:)
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

We have not had much snow in the last 2 winters because I have asked our Father to send Winchesters and colts down instead of snowflakes.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

1894c

Post by 1894c »

harry wrote:
30wcf wrote:
Canuck Bob wrote:
That must be that recession snow, I can remember when 5 feet of snow would cover a mans shoulders :lol:
I should have mentioned that the photo of my friend blowing snow was the 1st day of a 3-day storm... :)
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Yea our overnight temps have been in the mid teens lately, and that's on the central coast of CA!!!!! Plus the weatherman for local weather tell us that Canadian storm is gonna make it colder.

You guys up north must be getting hammered. I just wish we could get moisture. We are in the 4th year of little or no rain here. The 2 years prior we got 33" and 40" of rain. Last year we got 6", less than half of NORMAL rain.

You northerners bundle up!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

UncleBuck wrote:KirkD,

Yes sir Kirk, I will pray EXTRA hard that the Lord sends you all the cold and snow you want 'cause we sure got 'nuff here in the Dakotas:)
A big thank you for that, Uncle Buck. The temperature has taken a good dive overnight, so we are headed in the right direction. Now we just need the snow. They are forecasting several days of it starting Monday. Woo Hoo.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

I hope this cold front helps to kill off the pine beetle that is a plague from Idaho to Colorado and in BC too, takes bitter cold to get it done. Sure makes you appreciate a cup of hot coffee and a warm fire. danny
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

BigSky56 wrote:Sure makes you appreciate a cup of hot coffee and a warm fire.
That is for sure. A hot coffee and a warm fire are great pleasures during a cold snap in the winter.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Kirk with this cold Ive been hoping for a grizzly snow, a good storm atleast a 1ft of snow to put them to bed they are still wandering around on 1 dec I walked down a gated road 1/2 mile from my place to a meadow coming back there were tracks on top of mine the sows backfoot measured 14" long her front was 8.5" wide the cub must been a 3yr old measured 5" wide guess she was looking for gut piles till they go to bed I hold off on fur hunting as they come into predator calls. danny
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

We're supposed to see the cold blast Sunday. Today it actually hit 75 degrees! Even at 10:15pm this evening, it was 69 degrees. Just doesn't feel like December!
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Danny,
I was just saying the same thing this am, sure hope this cold does a number on the Pine Beatles! Also hope those Grizzlies go to sleep for yah!
Sam
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Bob,
Here's hoping you stayed warm last night.
Sam
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Danny, with big bruisers like that walking around, I'd be carrying my Browning SRC 45-70 loaded a little warm with 500 grainers!