Jeep Picture

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Jeep Picture

Post by Blaine »

Picked it up this afternoon. Didn't inculate me on the way home :lol: Six speed manual. The 3.6 engine is much peppier than the 4.0 I drove at work for 5 years, and the mpg was 23+ on the mixed drive back. The stock/base tires were Goodyear Wranglers, which made me happy. Other than that, you pretty much know what I got....That should round out the major retirement toys......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Jeep Picture

Post by draperjojo »

Congrats!! I'm down to 2 jeeps right now. Pretty quick you'll start ordering stuff from Quadratec, 4WD, and other places to make it more enjoyable for you....you know, Cabelas has a gun mount that would fit right in there....and it unpins for removal from the floor plate....haha
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Cool !

I still wanna get a 60-64 CJ-5 with a steel Kelly Cab .

Or possibly a 46-48 CJ-2A !

I learned to drive a stick in my maternal grnadfathers 1964 CJ-5 .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Looks good Blaine.

Will look better if you get a rattle-can of mud to dress it up. :lol:

Are you really going to tow it? I see lotsa cars with bicycles for when they run out of gas or lock theirselfs out, but your Jeep is a lot more groovier.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Very nice.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote:Looks good Blaine.

Will look better if you get a rattle-can of mud to dress it up. :lol:

Are you really going to tow it? I see lotsa cars with bicycles for when they run out of gas or lock theirselfs out, but your Jeep is a lot more groovier.
Tomorrow....I'll break it in right out to the Capital Forest....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Blaine,
I realize you just got it but in the future you need to put 4" of lift on it, some 33" tires and a front Warn bumper with a tire carrier on the back. Looks too "girly" in the stock mode.---6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote:Blaine,
I realize you just got it but in the future you need to put 4" of lift on it, some 33" tires and a front Warn bumper with a tire carrier on the back. Looks too "girly" in the stock mode.---6
Whatever :lol:

Hey, you know how the GIs greased their Jeeps when moving through Italy? :twisted:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

between the van & the jeep I SEE CHICK MAGNETS :lol:

nice rig!!!

Brad
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

BlaineG wrote: Hey, you know how the GIs greased their Jeeps when moving through Italy? :twisted:
How? With a grease gun?---6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Nice looking ride! I like the color. Very cool, and I believe it will be become more than a just a "retirement toy" for you.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote:
BlaineG wrote: Hey, you know how the GIs greased their Jeeps when moving through Italy? :twisted:
How? With a grease gun?---6
Umm...Yes, that's it :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I hope You have good luck with it Blaine, I am a Jeep Guy at heart but am sore at Jeep over the way they treated Me with My Liberty. it came with Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires and they now have 89,000 mi on them. the local tire guy said they still have 7/32" of tread and if I buy a new set He will sell mine for used .
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I NEVER got that type of milage out of any tire.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

.45colt wrote:I hope You have good luck with it Blaine, I am a Jeep Guy at heart but am sore at Jeep over the way they treated Me with My Liberty. it came with Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires and they now have 89,000 mi on them. the local tire guy said they still have 7/32" of tread and if I buy a new set He will sell mine for used .
You're mad because you have 89,000 miles on a set of factory tires? :?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

You're mad because you have 89,000 miles on a set of factory tires
No Blaine, I have beat the horse here several times about Jeep dragging their feet on warrenty problems . all I wanted was it fixed and they acted like I owed them something.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

.45colt wrote:You're mad because you have 89,000 miles on a set of factory tires
No Blaine, I have beat the horse here several times about Jeep dragging their feet on warrenty problems . all I wanted was it fixed and they acted like I owed them something.
I've had luck contacting Corporate about different matters when a local dealer won't cooperate....There is usually a Customer Relations VP in there someplace. You call, not them :(

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I tried it all Blaine, among other things the little 3rd brake light above the rear glass had rust in the body seam....it's a big deal here in the salt belt. Jeep sent it out to the local body shop 2 times to be fixed. they don't have in house body shop...started rusting again. I dropped it off at the dealer for 10 days while We went to AZ on vacation. came back...A supervisor is coming from Detroit to look at it. I couldn't talk to Him...still under warrenty...We will pay for half of a new roof if You pay the rest. :twisted:
The owner of the body shop call Jeep and says it's His reputation on the line and it will be fixed right this time. He tells Me Jeep only pays XXX to fix small problems so they will go away. He told Me He gets sick of this CR#P. He deals with it all the time.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Well... at least it's the RIGHT color! 8)
Even if it is "half-sized"! :twisted:

I've had 3 4WD pickups, a Blazer, 2 dune buggies and a baja-bug, always wanted a Jeep... My CA huntin' partner and a photography teacher both had Toyota Landcruisers with Chevy V-8s in them... THAT was the bomb! Gotta have sufficient horsepower in order to seriously break things when off-roadin'!!! :twisted: :P :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Got some mud on it, and peed on the back tire today....It's officially mine. I took it some places that I have hunted. Jeep handled it perfectly. Even with the 321 rear end, I think in 4WD Low, it could climb a phone pole....22+ @ 70, and 20-21 around town. The 6 gears are evenly spaced. 1st and 2nd are perfect for growling around most of the logging roads.....It has a Hill Assist Clutch that works, but, I'm not sure I care for it. Must be a way around it.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

really like your JEEP...BlaineG you did good... :)
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

30wcf wrote:really like your JEEP...BlaineG you did good... :)

Me too ! I have a Sport model myself from the last generation (mine's a '00 model) -- I was going to put a mild lift on it when it was time for new tires -- the former owner had pretty mild street treads on it.

The tire guy pulled the VIN and it said I had 3:07 gears --- Drat ! That meant a tire upsize of any significance was not happening unless I re-geared it, and going up (down?) to 4:11's would need new carriers in both diff's too ------ so I said "Heck with it, my dirt bikes are for gettin' dirty -- " and I put some nice All terrain tires on it in a 30" size (the biggest that would fit that Jeep stock)
---- man, -- no complaints . I gotta say, for the type of off-roadin' I do, (Cruising for chicks on the lake roads in the summertime with the Foghat and Bad Company absolutely cranked !) and the occasional path down a slick piece of double track or fire roads, it works as well as it needs to work
-- a stock Jeep with good tires is an amazingly capable little vehicle if you can get past the lack of cargo space
----- Doug