Hard Core Reloading!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Hard Core Reloading!

Post by Ray Newman »

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Hard Core Reloading!

Post by Blaine »

Decent rate of fire.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I gotta admire a guy that works up something like that.

Impressed my socks off and now I have cold feet.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Blaine: also 'sorta' surprised me about the rounds per minute. Wonder how fast a Shooter could work a Martini-Henry .577-450 or an 11mm M1871 Mauser by comparison??
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Hats off for the effort!....Making those cartridges looks like a "fine & pleasant misery" :lol: ...Must be about 20 min :o of manufacturing "fun" in each one...However .. The bragging rights would be incalculable if he turned in a 50yd 1 inch 3 shot bench rested group with his ammo & rifle.
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
ndnchf
Levergunner

Post by ndnchf »

That is cool. I can fully appreciate all the effort that goes into resurrecting a long obsolete rifle. I'm doing something similar with a Remington Rolling Block from around 1870. Its chambered for the .58 Roberts cartridge. Every heard of it? Not likely. Here's a couple photos of what I've been doing to get it shooting.

Here is a .58 Roberts before reaming the cases, with a .56-50 Spencer to it's left, and a .590" minie ball and empty case to its right.

There is something very satisfying about getting these old warhorses shooting again :D
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Thanks for sharing those video's that was interesting. I wish I had some video of how fast my friend Jim Williamson can shoot a 11mm Model 7184 Mauser in single shot mode. That man can burn through ammo like no one I have seen! :lol: -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel