Toy for you boys

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Toy for you boys

Post by madman4570 »

http://www.buzzysauto.com/1985_Chevrole ... 283737.veh

$4500 (cash)?????

Deal------------------------------Smoking!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Toy for you boys

Post by Sixgun »

Madman,
Ever talk to someone who has a Vette thats more than 10 years old? They nickel and dime you to death.

For a regular guy to own one, the car needs to be an "extra", you need to know how to work on it, and you have to make weekly deposits of cash in to the "parts slush fund".

I've seen a mess of guys over the years buy these things and they are all happy for awhile. Once the novelty wears off and the repair bills come in, they put them up for sale. Next sucker

Once any vehicle gets over about 12-15 yers old, oil seals start to leak, break lines corrode, anything rubber cracks, and a multitude of other aggravations surface. I know, my daily driver is an 89 Jeep.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Trouble! :D Neighbor had one - countless hours into it.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I have a black one just like it.

It's a blast when it's running right but it's a real ----- to find
someone who knows haw to work on them.
I call it the Black Hole, money just disappears when it gets close to it. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Thanks for the tip guys!
A buddy of mine might buy it up here???????(told him what you guys said just now via facebook pm)

Did call my Mechanic(have had for 30years)he said --you have to be careful on where you get parts but he can work on them.

But stated even though they can be finicky (that year not too bad) they are a dream compared to the German Stuff.

He said if you want real problems buy a Mercedes /VW/or even a Volvo????????
Jap stuff perfectly fine! Said that absolute best--------------------Ford!

I almost bought a Mercedes back about 3 years ago (1995 Mercedes SL 500)Shiny black with 67,000 miles for $4999

Called him and he said-----NO!

He will not work on it-------------------period. If it needs anything like a headlight bulb changed plan on spending $200 an hour and they will charge you at least an hour and $50 for the bulb???????????? :lol:

God, I wanted that car!

Old lady (I knew)had it (not a scratch)-----------It went that weekend to someone???
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Good deal, but you gotta put an LT4 or a LSI mtr. in it just for it to get out of it's own way :lol: . After 1970 and up to about 1997 Chevy 350's were REAL DOGS. :cry:
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

Had a 68 Vette I bought the year after I got out of High School, had a 327 ci. with 350 Hp. from the factory...man it was a screamer.......I miss it.